Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Official ZRT Weapon PIC Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-08-2012, 08:26 AM)TaurusOSS Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2012, 04:23 PM)Undead Assassin Wrote: [ -> ]1911 Finally came in and the collection is growing.

Where did you get the take down pins for the AR?

I got them from Brownells, The take down pins, mag release, and ejection port cover came as a set.
(03-08-2012, 07:33 AM)bagman29 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2012, 11:40 PM)sgt_geist Wrote: [ -> ]Its about freaking time, but I was finally able to get some free time and get some new pics today. The photos came out amazingly clear on the super Cannon I have. Big Grin

So Ill post up the link to my photobucket for my guns, then Ill show a few pics of my newer vest, after that I also have a few pics of my folder and fixed blade. (The vest has stick mag pouches on it atm (P90, MP5) but I have several molle pouches that hold AR and AK mags.

Nice collection.

I've been kicking around the idea of picking up the Henry Survival Rifle for a while, how do you like yours?

When I get a chance to actually get to the range to shoot it I will let you know. I think I picked up CCI ammo but I would have to double check.
(03-08-2012, 01:36 PM)Deutsch Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 004.jpg]
My new Zombie Killin Pistol
BD

So tempting to put a stock on them. Unfortunately, one of the moronic laws of the ATF, where if you do then it needs to be registered as a SBR.
Can anyone PM me a recommendation on a good US made 7.62 AK-74 style muzzle brake? Other forums are vague and give mixed views. Im looking for one i can still use my bayo but keep in compliance. I heard the tapco ones melt during sustained fire. Also looking to keep the price under $25. thanks guys.
I've never melted a Tapco 74 style brake. Had one on my first AK, and I beat the living daylights out of that thing. Had to replace the furniture because the handguards caught fire beat it, but the brake was fine. Have one on my current AK, and I haven't melted it yet. That said, it has the bayonet cut, but I cannot confirm whether or not it would work with one, as I don't have a bayonet.
another thing i heard was that the tapco ones dont have the chambers in them to make it work like it should. Pretty much all its good for is nose weight, compliance and looks. Maybe ill look into it again.
Under 25 bucks is cutting it short. I picked up my Phantom Birdcage from Ebay for 35 bucks free shipping. I absolutly love it and looks mean.
Can't remember if I posted the completed get up get out before I left. Here she is though, in all her tacticool glory.

[attachment=1021]
(03-07-2012, 11:40 PM)sgt_geist Wrote: [ -> ]Its about freaking time, but I was finally able to get some free time and get some new pics today. The photos came out amazingly clear on the super Cannon I have. Big Grin

So Ill post up the link to my photobucket for my guns, then Ill show a few pics of my newer vest, after that I also have a few pics of my folder and fixed blade. (The vest has stick mag pouches on it atm (P90, MP5) but I have several molle pouches that hold AR and AK mags.

Nice collection.

I've been kicking around the idea of picking up the Henry Survival Rifle for a while, how do you like yours?

So I finally had time to get up to the range and take the AR-7 for a test fire. I shot 100 rounds of CCI Long Rifle 40 grain solid point ammo, and they cycled flawlessly. Before I went shooting I stopped at walmart and picked up 2 boxes of 100 (each) CCI Long Rifle 36 grain hollow point ammo. While I never had any malfunctions shooting this ammo my friend said he had a double feed a few times and we counted a total of 3 cycle malfunctions in which the bullet tip was crushed. I cant be certain whether the rounds were at fault, or if my friend had operator error. (Maybe he didnt seat the magazine in properly) When I get some time tomorrow I will take a picture of the 3 bad rounds. I knew previously that the AR-7 is picky about what .22 ammo it likes, so the next time I get to the rang I will grab several more types of .22 ammo and see what runs the best.

For certain the CCI .22 LR 40 grain round, solid point, ran perfectly.

CCI .22 LR 36 grain round, hollow point, 97 out of 100 rounds ran correctly.
(03-11-2012, 09:13 PM)sgt_geist Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice collection.

So I finally had time to get up to the range and take the AR-7 for a test fire. I shot 100 rounds of CCI Long Rifle 40 grain solid point ammo, and they cycled flawlessly. Before I went shooting I stopped at walmart and picked up 2 boxes of 100 (each) CCI Long Rifle 36 grain hollow point ammo. While I never had any malfunctions shooting this ammo my friend said he had a double feed a few times and we counted a total of 3 cycle malfunctions in which the bullet tip was crushed. I cant be certain whether the rounds were at fault, or if my friend had operator error. (Maybe he didnt seat the magazine in properly) When I get some time tomorrow I will take a picture of the 3 bad rounds. I knew previously that the AR-7 is picky about what .22 ammo it likes, so the next time I get to the rang I will grab several more types of .22 ammo and see what runs the best.

For certain the CCI .22 LR 40 grain round, solid point, ran perfectly.

CCI .22 LR 36 grain round, hollow point, 97 out of 100 rounds ran correctly.

A couple guys I know, who have them, say that they dont like hollow points.