Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Official ZRT Weapon PIC Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dymond Wrote:
4XLT Wrote:damn i need a semiauto rifle for zombies !!!!

You can't go wrong with an AR or the AK. If you are new I think the AK is a bit of an easier entry rifle. It's less maintenence heavy. The variations are minimal so you don't need to worry too much about what you are going to hand off of it to makeit your perfect rifle. You have MUCH cheaper ammo. It's just a more basic rifle and fun to shoot. That said I love the AR too. It's just more of a pain in the balls to clean and the variants make it daunting sometimes to pick out what you need/want.
I would recommend an ak first too. The ammo is cheaper so practice wont hurt as much. Plus they are scary and the neighbors will love it.
I'm not going to post up photos of any parts of my collection, I guess I wear a little tinfoil, but I wanted to show off my pride and joy. My assisgnment is a big different than some of yours (forward observer, sniper, recon), and since mainly headshots count this is my tool of the trade. She's my pride and joy, and her name is Emily. I posted her up in another thread more dedicated to long range, but figured I might as well post it in here.

[Image: Emily1.jpg]

[Image: Emily2.jpg]

[Image: Emily3.jpg]

[Image: Emily4.jpg]

[Image: Emily5.jpg]
jmiro Wrote:
Dymond Wrote:
4XLT Wrote:damn i need a semiauto rifle for zombies !!!!

You can't go wrong with an AR or the AK. If you are new I think the AK is a bit of an easier entry rifle. It's less maintenence heavy. The variations are minimal so you don't need to worry too much about what you are going to hand off of it to makeit your perfect rifle. You have MUCH cheaper ammo. It's just a more basic rifle and fun to shoot. That said I love the AR too. It's just more of a pain in the balls to clean and the variants make it daunting sometimes to pick out what you need/want.
I would recommend an ak first too. The ammo is cheaper so practice wont hurt as much. Unless you use a wooden backstop/target hangers. Plus they are scary and the neighbors will love it... so much they move away.

Edited for humor.
:lol:

I got the AK first and I'm very glad I not only have it. But got it first. They are confidence inspiring. The AR is more like a toy to me. A very deadly, very capable toy. But it's how I turn it's (at times) finicky, behavior into acceptable. I have a rifle that will run - NO MATTER WHAT. So if the AR wants to run 20% of the time so what. FWIW it runs 99% now. So it's just a matter of gaining familiarity with the platform and dealing with some of the little basic things and it will run like clock work too. Now that I own both. I think its the best solution to being able to enjoy the benefits of both platforms. And I wouldn't have it either way.

I absolutely adore the AK. It fits me like a glove. The versatility of the weapon is based primarily on your proficiency, but makes that a worthwhile endeavor by delivering staggering reliability. If not the most (reliability) ever extricated from a rifle. Ever.
With a little tweaking the AR has become extremely comfortable, almost second nature as well. It's versatility is in its infinite range of configurations. It can physically become suited to almost any task. Or just fit you better. Either way it's capable of being extremely precise, light, and though it may require more maintenance. It's lego easy to get apart and together.
my neighbor liked mine so much that he went out looking for one and ended up with a tacticool sks.
[Image: 3208200712_994bd05763.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 3208197926_1e0cfe3831.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 3208188090_ed666d80eb.jpg?v=0]

Also have a Chinese SKS but who doesn't?? That's why its not pictured.
Nice guns & pics paemt...
Thanks
ASMO6 and I got together to share this with youSmile
[Image: ak2.jpg]
[Image: aks.jpg]
[Image: ak3-1.jpg]
I finally bothered to get a digital camera, so here's my new Bushmaster M4. I might get around to some other pics later.

[Image: DSCN0003.jpg]

And I don't think I want to know why you have a soviet flag.
nepawolf Wrote:I finally bothered to get a digital camera, so here's my new Bushmaster M4. I might get around to some other pics later.

[Image: DSCN0003.jpg]

And I don't think I want to know why you have a soviet flag.

If that flag bothers you...

Lazy don't post ANY of the other pics. He'll shit a bird.
:lol:

Nice rifle!