Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Official ZRT Weapon PIC Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kaos Wrote:Yeah, my wife was saying I might want to make the AR partially green too, and then get that bag I posted in the other thread...

oh dear god...im color coordinating my weapons.

I kicked around the idea of the black / OD green AR. Since you can do so much of the gun in OD green without paint.
IMO painted guns look like ass crack. So that was out.

But my woman veto'd the idea. She said it was gay. And I was probably gay for thinking about doing it.
:oops:
In the end I tend to agree based on product recognition. I wouldn't want anyone questioning it being a real AR 15 if I was trying to stand someone down with it. That's all I need. "Oh look he has an airsoft gun". Instead of " :o FUCK - M16! Confusedhock: " As it is commonly misconstrued by 90% of the people that see it. In that kind of situation... those misconceptions are a good thing. BG thinks he is severely outgunned, he may just flee. If not. It still shoots 30 rounds of .223 as fast as I pull the trigger.

Which compared to your average horizontal hi point holding thug. It might as well be a minigun.
Just picked up my pt 1911 yesterday. Now if I could get some time to go shoot it.
That is the worst part about buying a new firearm. I buy them and then can't get to a range for like a week. It's sitting there and I feel like the character in Tell Tale Heart.
Exactly............I was going to go the the range today but now it is raining and ice. :evil:
[Image: d91d586e-7313-4335-bb98-303efaed8fe5.jpg]

(Don't feel like digging them out)
Joe Smith Wrote:(Don't feel like digging them out)

A chore? I like any excuse I can get to get them out. With that being said I dont have an updated family photo. I chalk it up to laziness.
Asmodeus6 Wrote:IMO painted guns look like ass crack. So that was out.

They do create a certain tactical advantage however in situations other than total dark.

Black is a target indicator as it's not natural to find black like that....all depends on the setting.
I think I am going to OD my AR, but only with the proper hardware...Im not painting the gun itself either.
My GLOCK G19 is OD. I was thinking of making one of my AR's match.

my 1911 matchs my AR's Smile
black on black
Kaos Wrote:
Asmodeus6 Wrote:IMO painted guns look like ass crack. So that was out.

They do create a certain tactical advantage however in situations other than total dark.

Black is a target indicator as it's not natural to find black like that....all depends on the setting.
I think I am going to OD my AR, but only with the proper hardware...Im not painting the gun itself either.

Yeah, no doubt about that. But I'm not deployed, and I don't find myself slinking through the PA wilderness being shot at either. I hope you build an all OD hardware AR. I still kick the idea around in the back of my mind as a possibility for a future AR. But I'd like to see more than a handful of examples of them decked out like that in OD. I always see the tan, and - well, that would be a sore thumb in PA.

We need an OD thread.
[Image: PICT0096.jpg] BEFORE
[Image: PICT0151.jpg] AFTER just orderd a S.P.O.T scope a few lancer mags and tryed for BACKORDERED PMags with windows