Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Official ZRT Weapon PIC Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now on to the Range
Double Tap
If and When the SHTF my sidearm will be either my 1911 in a drop down thigh rig or my duty Glock 30 depending if I'm at work or not. I try to stay prepared and protected even when not at work. I do conceal carry a smaller caliber when I'm just around town or doing work around the compound and don't want a hogleg hanging around getting in my way. Here's a pic of my Taurus PT638 PRO in my homemade inside the beltline kydex/leather hybrid holster. I have some adjustments to make but the rig was very comfortable and more then one person at the recent weekend gunshow had friendlt comments.
[Image: 2012-01-07_23-10-42_992.jpg]
The pistol is a 380acp with 15+1 capacity
[Image: 2011-11-05_22-56-52_612.jpg]
I've been eyeing up the Walther PK380, but with that Taurus 638 holding 15+1, I definitely have to give that some serious consideration. What's the price difference between the two? I LOVE the Walther's, but I HATE their magazine prices. Also, nice holster, would you consider making more?
(01-11-2012, 02:52 AM)FedUpCop Wrote: [ -> ]I've been eyeing up the Walther PK380, but with that Taurus 638 holding 15+1, I definitely have to give that some serious consideration. What's the price difference between the two? I LOVE the Walther's, but I HATE their magazine prices. Also, nice holster, would you consider making more?

The PT638 Pro was new to the US in 2011. The pistol comes with 2-15 round mags. You're looking at about $365 new.
As far as the holster goes, I have to mold the Kydex to a pistol or a "Blue" pistol. I've got a Glock 30, 2 1911s, the 638 and my wife's 738. I don't have the models needed to get in to molding holsters.
Taurus has actually come a long way over the past few years and are now making some impressive firearms. Heres my Taurus 24/7 OSS 9mm. The OSS were design to compete for the military contract and was actually leading the competition when the military pulled the contract.competition. This will be my comp gun for this year, and just ordered Williams Fire Sights for it as well as a UpLULA speed loader.

[Image: 2011-12-29_11-53-38_471.jpg]
[Image: 2012-01-06_11-40-34_855.jpg]
very nice. I sold a Taurus 709 Slim 9mm at the Carlisle Expo Gun Show. the buyer chose it over the ruger LC9 which I had priced only $10 more.

The is the 3rd Taurus Ive owned abd they are pretty damn nice guns especially for the price. Not to mention the no questions asked lifetime warranty you really cant beat. I paid $345 shipped for mine from thegunsource.com so I really cant complain. And I just picked up 2 extra mags for $20 off CL.
was thinking about picking my self up the new les baer custom MONOLITH 308 semi auto swat model anyone have any ideas about this weapon so far i have heard nothing but good things
Thats a badass 308 BUT for the price tag you could build a custom of your own and get the same results alot cheaper. IMO $3700msrp is a bit much but Les Baer guns are insanely badass.
[Image: imag0005lp.jpg]

[Image: imag0007pe.jpg]

[Image: 640480.jpg]

My glock 19 and my Sog seal pup elite black TiNi plain edge