Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Official ZRT Weapon PIC Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-06-2010, 02:09 PM)sgt_geist Wrote: [ -> ]until I get that lovely P229.....

There is an AWESOME deal on PAFOA for a 229 in 357 Sig with like 500-1000rnd of ammo. Also the 229 in 357 Sig is easily made a .40S&W witha simple barrel/recoil spring change.
(06-07-2010, 06:55 PM)Kyle H Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2010, 02:09 PM)sgt_geist Wrote: [ -> ]until I get that lovely P229.....

There is an AWESOME deal on PAFOA for a 229 in 357 Sig with like 500-1000rnd of ammo. Also the 229 in 357 Sig is easily made a .40S&W witha simple barrel/recoil spring change.

I want to get the P229 in 9mm, and down the road get the .40 changeable barrel.
I got a new one when I went to order my P226 Gadsden.

[Image: IMG000014.jpg]

Nothing special, but came with 2 mags (a 30 rounder and a 20 rounder), and I just couldn't say no to an "assault weapon" that costs as much as 2 tanks of fuel.Big Grin

Sorry about the pic quality, I couldn't find my normal camera.
picked me up a handy little tool for the Zed's. just a little something my collection was missing.
the blade needs a bit more of an edge on it tho, but that will get taken care of soon. need it to be alot sharper.

[Image: 61102ab6.jpg]
that'll definitely smack off some heads. LOL
Looks like wallyworld or harbor freight. Every once in a while, harbor freight has them for about $3. They break sometimes and don't keep a very good edge, but when you buy 5 for the same price as an average one, you can't be too picky.Tongue
yeah its the wallyworld $6 one made by Ozark or whatever. only got it for a camping trip im going on next week just in case. looks and feels like cheap steel, but hopefully i can get a good edge on it, and maybe reinforce it a little bit.
(07-16-2010, 08:08 AM)rovert97 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah its the wallyworld $6 one made by Ozark or whatever. only got it for a camping trip im going on next week just in case. looks and feels like cheap steel, but hopefully i can get a good edge on it, and maybe reinforce it a little bit.

Reinforce the handle. I've had a dozen of them (had to brushcut an entire summer with a crew with them at one point). The crappy plastic handle is the first thing to go, not to mention comfort after some heavier usage. 2 1"x2"s (or plywood) vaguely shaped and then attached with several layers of duct tape and then reinforce that with a gratuitous amount of electrical tape. The one I've had for 5 years and the homemade handle is still going strong.
i was thinking the same thing. remove the plastic and make a nice wood handle on it. even if it comes out crappy its still better, cheaper, and more custom than some expensive machette that i cant afford. tho i have been eyeballing some of the SOG blades lately.
my friend has a gerber it is good quality he hacked everything with it... i on the other hand perfer to use my shotgun to clear brush...Big Grin