Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: places to avoid on zday.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Cities and larger towns, anywhere that you can get pushed into a funnel for attack or anywhere that you can see a roadblock or major group of panicking folks crashing that could put you in a stuck situation.

I would suggest not going where you have to be alone if it could be helped. Get to your pals or family and get everyone grouped, work in 2 person groups at the very minimum, 4 person groups if you have enough manpower. One takes on a task while one provides security.

Get to open roads as early as you can, the road ways may become dangerous. Beat the danger to the roads and get where you need to be as fast as you safely can. Provide aid if you think you can partner up with those that you aid. Power = numbers.

Fight your mental demons to allow yourself to keep as calm as you can be. Think, when you are ready to act, stop and slowly run the scenario in your head. Did you do everything that was required for preperation? You only have one shot at this, you must do it correctly.

The normal places that have already been discussed should be avoided. Food stores and sprting goods stores will be overtaken by looters quickly. Once overtaken, groups will likely form to attempt to protect thier new found horde of goods/supplies. By approaching these places after the attack, you will likely take on live fire by others that are equally as serious as you are. This will have a bad outcome. You need to have your food, water, firearms and ammunitions prior to this point.

If you decide to hunker in and wait for .mil or LEO to clean up the mess, you are rolling some serious dice! The spread of an infection will be like bunnies making babies. 2 become 10, 10 become 50, 50 become 250... and so on. You will likely miss the best window available to travel to your peers and group up. You may well find yourself swimming in a sea of ZEDS. Personally, I would not take this chance. If you have a place to be.... get there.... NOW! The more of you that can group up the better. You can secure some sort of an area, post sentries, form a community of some sort and fashion a chain of command. Without the organization behing you, you will likely end up ZED foder.

As soon as your group meets, before anything happens.... get your sentries established and set shifts. Without your security, you are toast. Once you do this, start discussing about what supplies have been carried with everyone and make a list.

Soon after, you can start looking for a small group of natural leaders, this will be easy to notice as many humans are naturally better pack animals that follow the pack leader. Don't fight it, just be who you are. Within only a couple hours, the ones with the quick wits and even heads will naturally start to be looked at as leaders. Embrace these few and formally announce them as a group that can form decisions together, but never as one alone.

From here on out, it's up to you. You will live or die based on how seriously you work to establish a secure area, build or fashion some form of barrier around you and establish 360 perimeter coverage with some system or some way to quickly alert the group to a pending attack prior to the attack actually falling upon you.

Once you get this all done, food and water will become a priority... assuming you all carried at least a couple weeks of canned foods and other food type supplies when you arrived. If you did not do this, your going to be in some trouble because your going to be forced out of your secure cover to go hunting food supplies during the initial panick while millions of others are running amuck and trying to rape/rob/kill to get whatever they feel they need.

You'll be best served to act fast and get to your meeting point and then as a secure group, conserve resources and try to quietly wait it out.

You'll also want to start forming think tanks. You will need plans to get fuel from abandoned farms, cars, trucks, and in ground gas station tanks. You'll need a constant supply of food. The stores will likely go dry within weeks, start planning some way to grow food and hope that you have some folks on hand that can dictate to your group what natural plants can be eaten. You will need to hunt, but this needs to be in groups. These hunt groups may face ZEDS or worse while out of the security of the meeting place. They must have enough supplies and ammunition to fight there way back to your meeting place for backup.

Anyone who thinks they can wait until after an outbreak to prepare, will likely not be a part of the remaining ZRT. There is too much chaos that will sweep the nation as the outbreak claims the area. Panick and violence will rule the days. Prepare now, or die. Choice is up to you.
(03-10-2010, 02:02 PM)gothelder Wrote: [ -> ]Churches - a lot of people will seek gods help.

Hmmm, I think I will follow Ben's Quote:
"God helps them that help themselves."
http://www.franklinpapers.org/franklin/f...olumes.jsp
I argue the grave yard... Those bodies are under 6ft of earth and locked in a coffin. Chances are they are staying there.
I didn't mean sit out zday, just that it is going to be a complete shit show when things first break. If you get caught out when everyone else starts to panic and tries to flee, instead of being in a more secure location with supplies, you will probably be stuck in traffic surrounded by zeds. It depends on location but where I am, the roads are crowded and jammed normally. Add mass hysteria to that, and it seems like a sure way to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
it is best not to go out at all. have a BOB ready. within... maybe 3 days to a week leave for you sector rally. myself, nepawolf and yllw fvr will have our "Bug Out Location" secure with in two hrs... that is if all goes according to plan. we will set up a base of operations, wait for local reinforcements (steamtownwelder, mad hatter, & mr.dark. [they have family situations,like iam sure most of you do.]) and secure our sector rally point... walmart in tunkahannok(sp?) in 48 hrs. the cb radios set at channel 3 of course.
please note that our SOP does not involve stops for supplies. at all. if you are not prepared, get prepared.
A good place to avoid on Z-Day???

It would be a bad idea to show up at my place un-announced/not knowing the proper challenge and password after the SHTF. If any ZRT members plan on coming my way, be sure your patches or other far recognition symbols are clearly visible. FYI the white paint marks on my street are range indicators.

I think avoiding any place where people would tend to gather would be a good thing. If I can't get out of the city immediately, I would want to stay at my place until things settled down a enough to get my family out. I would lock and barricade my doors during the day and conduct reconnaissance at night. Unless of course the Zeds are photo sensitive, in which case I would do the opposite.

We need to avoid:
1) Natural lines of drift - population centers, stores, malls, if you need to get water from a natural source over watch it for a few days if possible to be sure it is clear.
2) Hill/roof tops - moving around in these ares will make it easier to detect your presence when you are trying to stay hidden.
3) Bridges - will force you into a funnel which will limit your ability to break contact if needed. Unless of course you think you can swim carrying everything you brought with you.
4) Major roads and intersections - you will need to utilize these features to help you navigate out of the city. You would want to use them as "hand rails" or a "back stop" though.

I am certain there is more to add but, I can't think anymore tonight.
all i know is, i'm getting the hell out of the city, and avoiding any town with a building taller than 3 stories.
Avoid areas with a limited line of sight. Stick to wide open areas. Like stated a few times in above posts... Avoid large cities.
i'm going to avoid people, in general. i'm getting out of the city.
(03-22-2010, 05:39 PM)jahwarrior72 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm going to avoid people, in general. i'm getting out of the city.

I hear Greenland is nice this time of the year.
...Or we could take over the submarine they have at the Carnegie Science Center there in Pittsburgh. Take them out from the water. I can't imagine they can swim very well.
Gotta' love the city of three rivers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6