Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: PAZRT Shooting Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'd prefer to shoot more practical based matches rather than precision. Been there done that, and don't have the money right now to tune my existing guns the way they need to be in order to properly compete, as I've sold all of my old precision race-guns. I never really intended to get back into precision competition, but if it's what the team needs I could fine-tune some of my existing stuff to at least stay in the competition. Depending on what comps are available in our areas, I'd definitely be up for it.

What classes were you guys thinking about for this? If we are going to compete as a team, we have to pick classes that not only are we proficient in, but that others are decent in as well. The cheapest class for people to break into comps, are the production stock classes, which mostly just requires a gun and ammo, but with minor requirements and limitations on modifications (only allow certain sights, mag capacity, etc.). Are we going for wins and trophies, or just for fun? I need to know what mind-set to sink into this venture......
shirts would be cool, but as lycanthrope pointed out, sponsorship is going to be hard and might be more time consuming than it's worth, personally...

hell, I bet actual competition shooters, who shoot in as many competitions as possible, have a tough time finding someone to sponsor them.

ps, I think lycanthrope is in sector 1.
Since the Logo for this site is Copyrighted and the domain name owned...is there a problem with us using them?
(12-11-2011, 04:20 PM)FedUpCop Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer to shoot more practical based matches rather than precision. Been there done that, and don't have the money right now to tune my existing guns the way they need to be in order to properly compete, as I've sold all of my old precision race-guns. I never really intended to get back into precision competition, but if it's what the team needs I could fine-tune some of my existing stuff to at least stay in the competition. Depending on what comps are available in our areas, I'd definitely be up for it.

What classes were you guys thinking about for this? If we are going to compete as a team, we have to pick classes that not only are we proficient in, but that others are decent in as well. The cheapest class for people to break into comps, are the production stock classes, which mostly just requires a gun and ammo, but with minor requirements and limitations on modifications (only allow certain sights, mag capacity, etc.). Are we going for wins and trophies, or just for fun? I need to know what mind-set to sink into this venture......

I was thinking production, some IDPA, maybe some Steel matches just for fun. We could push members of the team out to practical rifle matches..patrol rifle matches. Mostly for fun, but if we stand a shot at bringing home some bragging rights...why not grab for it?
Sounds like I need to go get some more ammo...
(12-11-2011, 06:36 PM)kiltedguard Wrote: [ -> ]Since the Logo for this site is Copyrighted and the domain name owned...is there a problem with us using them?

the logo isn't fully copyrighted just yet, but once it is, go for it...
Will everyone interested in this idea PM with the Following informtion.

-Name
-Contact Info
-Preferred Class and Type of Competition
-Competition Experience (This is not an invitiation for you to verbally blow me in the message and tell me how awesome you are. Keep it to Type of weapon, type of competition, number of competitions.)
-Number of competitions a year you would be able to comitt to. (Really. If you say about one a month and you show up to 3, you won't be staying.)

Keep in mind our Region is Central New England, so it family obligations, money obligations or time constraints will prevent you from car-pooling in a smelly SUV or Van with a bunch of guys ripping beer farts and breaking each other's balls for several hours while we drive to the competition several times a year, then I really appriciate you voicing interest and appriciate any future support, but I think local competitions at your club might be a better fit.
We had shirts made up in NC with custom logos and names for around $45 each. These were hoodies to wear under our jackets. Up here we should be able to find an embroidery shop to stitch us some shirts up. It wouldn't be a crazy investment.
If a MOD could "sticky" this thread I would really appriciate it.

Everyone else...please refer back to the first post as often as possible as I will update that first page with information as this whole things takes shape.
(12-13-2011, 04:17 PM)kiltedguard Wrote: [ -> ]If a MOD could "sticky" this thread I would really appriciate it.

Everyone else...please refer back to the first post as often as possible as I will update that first page with information as this whole things takes shape.

Done.....moved to top of important threads.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7