Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Mr Bear's beast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What do you need to get it running ?
gotta fix or replace the exhaust, and adjust the timing
Easy stuff. get to it! Is that a short bed or long bed?
long bed. the frame has a slight twist to it as well, but thats not keeping it from running. lol
finally got off my ass and pulled the exhaust manifold off the passenger side. threads were so rusted on the studs that they just turned to dust when i was trying to put the exhaust back together. gotta get those replaced, then i can get the timing adjusted and get it inspected. cant wait, i miss driving my baby.
ive figured out that the old mil-spec version of the k series is the M1008. id love to get my hands on the front bumper/grille guard off of one of those. another thought, my one ex's dad is a welder.....
studs at the end of the exhaust manifold will cost about $40 to replace. Will post a pic of those later.
gotta love rust...
[Image: ExhaustManifold1.jpg]
exhaust manifold is back in my possession. cost me $45, which isnt bad. going to pick up the gaskets for it tomorrow and put it all back together this weekend. and charge the battery...im not going anywhere if she doesnt start...
So, i'm hoping the beast will move under its own power within the next week. after that, i get to find out how much money i will need to shell out to get it inspected. dear god i am not looking forward to that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5