Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Current state of local gunshops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If this helps, give them a call first and ask question doesn't hurt to pick up the phone instead of wasting a trip.
Here is the phone number 724-457-8060
National Armory Moon TWP
I have always dealt with Matt, he's a damn good guy and won't steer you in the wrong direction.
(07-07-2020, 08:15 AM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]I have always dealt with Matt, he's a damn good guy and won't steer you in the wrong direction.

I'm always on the hunt for more ammo, good deals on mags, and... "other."  If I bring home another gun though, the wife will shoot me with it!   Confused

Does BEING a zombie then, disqualify me from the board?   Tongue
Mmmmmmmmm... another 1k of ammo-y goodness came from AIM today.  Privi M193!   Wink

[Image: ammo-y-goodness.jpg]
What did that case cost you?
Went by National Armory today and they had a big supply of .223 & 5.56 and more then enough 9mm to go around.
(07-08-2020, 10:52 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]What did that case cost you?
Went by National Armory today and they had a big supply of .223 & 5.56 and more then enough 9mm to go around.

$417 delivered.  The "delivered" part was $17.

I'm gonna go by my local Dunhams today, and see what they look like.  They always have M856 in stock, and I need a few boxes, for some intended mag purchases.  6th round is always a tracer, so I know when I get to it, I have 5rds left - mag change IMMINENT!
Found some sad pickin's at Dunham's in West Mifflin this afternoon.

NOT being a hunter, so I don't know, there must be SOME sorta hunting season about to start.  One ol' boy was getting a hunting license - several others, were picking up shells from their rather PLENTIFUL shotgun ammo selection.

They had a nominal selection selection of rifle ammo - even .308.  But DON'T go looking for .223/5.56.  They had ONE box of Hornady 50gr. V-Max (@ $25!), and about 200rds. of Tula.  I wouldn't THROW that stuff at the enemy, much less shoot it - I didn't look at the price.

They did have two .50 ammo cans with 820rds. of M855 each in them.  HOLD onto your hat - for ONLY... $499!  [Image: shocked.gif][Image: shocked.gif][Image: shocked.gif]

I picked up an Amend 30rd. mag (never tried one - threw it in my range can), and some Magpul followers, as I'm anticipating getting a few questionable mags shortly - MORE range mags.

Handgun ammo was ALMOST all gone.  They had a LONE 1911 in .45 on the shelf - a Commander-sized Kimber in 9mm, and three other little .380 pocket Kimbers.  They had some BIG .44 Magnum revolvers... and that was that.  They had a couple of long guns - hunting-type rifles basically.  Nice guy behind the counter noted, the last truck that came in, had NO guns whatsoever on-board - first time in his 3 years there THAT'S ever happened.  He also said, that while their website says they HAVE certain ammo and guns in-stock, they actually DON'T - in ANY of their stores!

AGAIN... if you can FIND something you need in your local store; GRAB IT... while the grabbin's GOOD!   Confused
So I thought I'd check out Allegheny Arms in Bethel Park late today.  I might've waited TOO long for THIS day.  At quarter to 5 (they close at 5 - they require a mask, too   Rolleyes ), there were 8 of us outside, WAITING to get in.  Since I didn't really NEED anything (although I never just looky-loo - I'd of bought some ammo & mags because... I can!), I left it to the other 7 guys, who might've NEEDED something.

Glancing through the window though, I saw more ammo, long guns, and pistols (and not JUST revolvers!) than I've seen anywhere else.  Given the crowd size at closing time on a Tuesday, I'm thinking word IS getting around.  I can't tell you anymore than that for the moment.  They open at 10am, so maybe I'll get over there again this week, and let you know what I find.  What I saw today at least, looks promising
Unfortunately you can't find anything pretty much anywhere and if you can then it's probably not worth having however if you can find slug shells for your 12 gauge stock up. Having any kind of ammo for any of your guns is better than having no ammo at all.
At this point I can't find any .223 or 5.56 and 9 mm is scarce as hell too.
So pretty much right now I am concentrating on 12 gauge slug shells.
As I said something is better than nothing
Glad I went BACK to Allegheny Arms today.  Found a LOTTA handguns - even some Glocks - in stock.  Unless you have a really EXOTIC handgun need, they can MEET your demand, in that regards, right now.

NOT a lotta 9mm, or .45 ammo right now - what they have is expensive, just like everyone ELSE.  NO .223 either, but a little .300 Blackout.  Some .308, and a LOTTA other NON-AR calibers.  If you need NON-AR ammo, you'll be in luck!

SPEAKING of AR's... they HAVE some!  For under a thousand, too!  Complete uppers ($300 +/-), stripped lowers, and some parts ARE in stock.  A couple of AK's as well - including a very nice full stock model - Russian perhaps, with a beautiful red-hued wood furniture, for $774. 

Pistol & rifle mags are plentiful.  That's one of the oddities of this "crunch," UNLIKE all the previous ones; mags HAVEN'T disappeared anywhere NEAR the rate, the guns & ammo have.  This tells me, there's a LOTTA first-time buyers out there, who haven't learned the value yet, of EXTRA mags!  Hear me now, and believe me later - BUY MAGS NOW, BEFORE THEY DISAPPEAR!!!  Because they WILL!

That said, they had a BIG box full of NiB M2 PMags at the register, so I bought 7 more... because I can.  Black, NO dust cap, for $10.99, so that wasn't bad.  Curiously enough, Ranger flooplates are drying UP.  They told me, there's a POLYMER shortage now... marvelous...  I figured, guys like us, were just kitting out our stash - which may well be the case; but IF there's a polymer shortage... well... don't count on polymer pieces for a while, either.  Joy to the world...   Dodgy

THAT said, if you're in the market for something... save yourself a trip if you're in the South Hills/Allegheny Co./Sector 4, and check out Allegheny Arms first.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5