Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Current state of local gunshops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'd never buy a Firearm online, I like in person sales, and I only buy from National Armory in Moon Township.
I trust them and know them well.
I only buy from those I know, trust is a big issue with me, and If I don't know you I sure as hell won't buy from you, unless it's ammo and you really can't screw around with that.
But yea 9mm, .223, 5.56, and is a ghost these days.
I know when I can buy it again in bulk, I'm sure as hell going to. Stock up when you can because you never know when it'll run out again.
(05-16-2020, 09:34 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]I'd never buy a Firearm online, I like in person sales, and I only buy from National Armory in Moon Township.
I trust them and know them well.
I only buy from those I know, trust is a big issue with me, and If I don't know you I sure as hell won't buy from you, unless it's ammo and you really can't screw around with that.
But yea 9mm, .223, 5.56, and is a ghost these days.
I know when I can buy it again in bulk, I'm sure as hell going to. Stock up when you can because you never know when it'll run out again.

I NEVER say never, because I have some particular tastes in firearms.  I mean, if it was a Glock 17 on the shelf at my local shop, vs. one off Gunbroker, I'll take the local one every time.  Trying to find stuff like THIS ON a local shelf, can be 'challenging,' to say the least.

[Image: 100-6222-crop.jpg][Image: POF15.jpg][Image: PSG13-small.jpg][Image: 100-5441-crop.jpg]

But I like to buy something extra while I'm there, in addition to the transfer fee - ammo, mags, accoutrements and the like.  Big Grin   

As for ammo, I started stocking up that summer that Clinton was running for President.

1992Cool
So I'm guessing you got more ammo then the Army? ?
I'm working on stocking up, but until I got some extra money here and there life is expensive and so is ammo.
I came up with a policy in 2008 (when 5.56 got scarce), that no matter WHAT I shot (pistol or rifle), I replaced it with TWICE what I shot.

If I shot 300 rds. of 5.56 at the range one day, I bought 600 to replace it; 100 rds. of .45, I bought 200 more, and so forth.  Of course, I'd pick up a brick of .22 with EVERY trip to Wally World, whether I bought anything else or not.

In doing inventory during the recent panic, I realized with my 400+ LOADED AR mags, I still have enough boxed ammo to reload them all.

Twice.   Cool
So jealous right now, I wish I could, but unfortunately I am financially not able to do so right now, unless my bills go unpaid then I can do that, but my bills cannot go unpaid so I can't.
(05-20-2020, 08:01 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]So jealous right now, I wish I could, but unfortunately I am financially not able to do so right now, unless my bills go unpaid then I can do that, but my bills cannot go unpaid so I can't.

Hey brudda - the journey of a thousand miles, begins with a SINGLE step[Image: oji.gif]
Did a little visiting at some gunshops today - one in McKeesport, one in West Mifflin - and the sitrep is NOT good.

BASICALLY... if you did NOT buy your preferred arms, ammo, and accoutrements (mags), BEFORE April 1... YOU'RE boned, at this point   Confused

Legion Arms is closing tomorrow for an extended holiday.  They have some VERY high quality stuff in-stock (FN AR - $1,600; a REAL "G Series" FAL for $8k - and MORE mags in-stock!), and some semi-automatic handguns in stock (some tupperware, 1911's, and other), and ammo for them.  They have NO 5.56 ammo at present, and the last AR PMag in stock was a 40 rounder... so I bought it.   Blush

A steady stream of stuff IS coming in, but it goes out about as fast (an AR of theirs I'd seen online around lunchtime, was GONE by the time I got there, around 3pm!).  They CAN order stuff for you, but wait times for everything just keep getting longer.

Anthony Arms was just about cleaned out.  I needed a .30 bore snake, nd found a 6mm/.243, which is close enough, and I bought it.  They had five (5) revolvers left, and NO semi-auto handguns - new or used!  Plenty of lever action arms, and a few high end AR's ($3k), but almost no ammo.  The range is open, which is GOOD, but BYOA (ammo!).  AR mags are gone, and while there are still some pistol mags in, I'd count on the MOST popular varieties and calibers NOT to be.

You will not walk in ANYWHERE off the street these days, and find YOUR gun on a shelf, more than likely.  If you are not well-stockpiled in mags & ammo right NOW... I'd take up reloading and 3-D printing.  YESTERDAY.   Sad
I ordered a Delta Team Tactical upper in 6.5 Grendel. Nice piece for a very reasonable price. Can't find any factory ammo, but I do have supplies to roll my own. I just need to spend some time at the reloading press. Found a deal on a TI scope for on it. Gonna be a whole new world.
Just an FYI, I have found that National Armory in Moon TWP on ship has a really good supply of ammo in stock.
A lot of their arms keep blowing off the shelves but they keep on reordering and have a revolving door of firearms.
So if you need guns or ammo this might be a good place to check out.
(07-06-2020, 06:28 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Just an FYI, I have found that National Armory in Moon TWP on ship has a really good supply of ammo in stock.

I GOTTA go check that place out sometime...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5