Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Firearms Training / Practice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(09-01-2010, 09:16 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]guns..do you have a link for the target? it's tiny..way too small to shoot, lol.

Here's a link to some i found. I have not ordered from them though.

http://www.letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=DEA+DOT

I'm actually a huge fan of unknown distance timed stress fires. It forces you to REALLY learn how to manipulate your weapon system and also makes you get comfortable with positions you might not otherwise used. Alternate firing positions are like the swiss army knife of shooting. People see them...some people use them...but there is always that one tool that you are glad you have when you really need it.
(08-24-2010, 09:06 PM)Guns4Fun Wrote: [ -> ]So, again besides driving around in a car shooting and walking through smoke what all do you like to practice.

when you can crack a whitetail in full stride with a shitty bolty at 50 yards... shooting stationary targets at 5 meters with a semi auto seems kinda' futile. i know i hit targets... lettered for my transcript in fact. we try and focus on firing as a team.. anyone with a slight knowledge of firearms can defend themselves. lets face it... fire arms by their very nature are easy to use. it's the being on target that most people have a problem. but, being able to coordinate with team members is the hardest part... ie the video where nepawolf and opie both ran dry and found themselves in the open with out covering fire, neither transitioned, and both went for the reload. in reality they would have been two more bodies. now that's a problem. and personally i don't plan on getting any where near as close as 15feet from one target let alone three.
(09-01-2010, 10:20 PM)Guns4Fun Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2010, 09:16 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]guns..do you have a link for the target? it's tiny..way too small to shoot, lol.

Here's a link to some i found. I have not ordered from them though.

http://www.letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=DEA+DOT
Pete uses targets from that company - the simulator you ran in may that we set up used LETargets.

I have ordered from LE targets. All went well and prices were the best on what I was looking for.
(09-02-2010, 11:57 AM)NEPAdestroyer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2010, 09:06 PM)Guns4Fun Wrote: [ -> ]So, again besides driving around in a car shooting and walking through smoke what all do you like to practice.

when you can crack a whitetail in full stride with a shitty bolty at 50 yards... shooting stationary targets at 5 meters with a semi auto seems kinda' futile. i know i hit targets... lettered for my transcript in fact. we try and focus on firing as a team.. anyone with a slight knowledge of firearms can defend themselves. lets face it... fire arms by their very nature are easy to use. it's the being on target that most people have a problem. but, being able to coordinate with team members is the hardest part... ie the video where nepawolf and opie both ran dry and found themselves in the open with out covering fire, neither transitioned, and both went for the reload. in reality they would have been two more bodies. now that's a problem. and personally i don't plan on getting any where near as close as 15feet from one target let alone three.

Hey thanks for setting me straight destroyer. I've learned a few very valuable lessons.

1. DO NOT try to discuss training on this board. Unless you consider training - a bunch of over weight "red necks" saying here hold my beer and watch this.

2. Promoting "team training" openly on this board is okay. I'm pretty sure that activity is illegal in PA. From a Mod no less.

3. If you can hit a deer on the run at 50 yards you are a seasoned marksmen that can undoubtedly teach sniper school. I bow to you.

So, I apologies. I will never bring up training on this site again because surely I am not in your league. Thanks for setting me straight.

Please, if anyone has a real drill they like to run - don't post it here - send me a PM. I will not be returning to this thread.

Thanks to all that had feedback on the targets - or had any valuable conversation. It's too bad that no one here takes training seriously. Good day.

I think training IS a good discussing for this board, personally.

carry on. =)
(09-02-2010, 04:51 PM)Guns4Fun Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2010, 11:57 AM)NEPAdestroyer Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey thanks for setting me straight destroyer. I've learned a few very valuable lessons.

1. DO NOT try to discuss training on this board. Unless you consider training - a bunch of over weight "red necks" saying here hold my beer and watch this.

2. Promoting "team training" openly on this board is okay. I'm pretty sure that activity is illegal in PA. From a Mod no less.

3. If you can hit a deer on the run at 50 yards you are a seasoned marksmen that can undoubtedly teach sniper school. I bow to you.

So, I apologies. I will never bring up training on this site again because surely I am not in your league. Thanks for setting me straight.

Please, if anyone has a real drill they like to run - don't post it here - send me a PM. I will not be returning to this thread.

Thanks to all that had feedback on the targets - or had any valuable conversation. It's too bad that no one here takes training seriously. Good day.

1. what's the point of training? there is no such thing as one right way to use firearms. if there was 12yo boys wouldn't be killing our highly trained service men everyday. hell, even the spetsnaz takes casualties.

2. it's not.

3. marksman rating is 23 of 40 targets. big deal. then, yes. i feel i am quite a "seasoned marksman". why don't you come up the farm one weekend and let me prove my point.

obviously you can't, because you can't handle opposing views on the subject.
i do take training seriously. i don't see there as only being one right way to do so.

and now to further defend our videos... they were not of any real training we do... they were more of a look what we are allowed to do here in the commonwealth. yay freedom! hater.
also, it's pretty easy to run drills when you're off your couch to the range... see if you give a shit about it after a few sleep deprived days in the woods.
i love how you crack on my weight on the internet.... classy.
*pulls up his chair and shoves a couple cheetos in his mouth as the show starts*
also... i'm pretty sure under trained, under equipped, overweight rednecks had a pretty big part in this nation gaining it's freedom 234 years ago. ..... if i'm not mistaken.
kiltedguard... that last post totally was for you. enjoy the show.
Pages: 1 2 3 4