Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Bug out Bag: Links for the new BoB builder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(08-05-2010, 08:27 AM)YukonDon Wrote: [ -> ]There is a natural spring about 1.5 miles from my house. Constant flow of fresh water out the side of a hill. It can fill a gallon jug in less than a minute. I wonder if there are any PA maps of large natural springs?
Might be something to consider for travel routes.

I know when my grandparents were growing up near Hazleton, they said there was a bunch of water holes they used to swim in...not sure if they still exist or not.
any place near mountains should have creeks and streams with fresh water. just have to boil it or use water tablets and you should be fine
Petroleum Jelly Cotton Balls - Fire starters ftw!
I'm going to be making about 10 or so of these and putting them in a Ziploc bag in my BoB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF4WDVVDTp0
or if you don't mind spending a couple dollars, get some wetfire
(08-05-2010, 04:49 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2010, 08:27 AM)YukonDon Wrote: [ -> ]There is a natural spring about 1.5 miles from my house. Constant flow of fresh water out the side of a hill. It can fill a gallon jug in less than a minute. I wonder if there are any PA maps of large natural springs?
Might be something to consider for travel routes.

I know when my grandparents were growing up near Hazleton, they said there was a bunch of water holes they used to swim in...not sure if they still exist or not.

With the BRAIN EATERS in the water of recent, I dont know if that would best the best idear. Tongue

ALOT of survival gear can be bought pretty cheap if you shop around especially at military surplus places. Including MREs, tools, ammo cans, blankets and much more.
I get free 40mm ammo cans Smile Fuck paying for that shit!
On the cotton ball fire starters... I melt the jelly in a pan and then soak the cotton balls over night. I keep em in old copenhagen cans that way you can stuff em into small pockets. I use em all the time - works great.
Wikipedia....lol.
Just bought a colt tactical bag.pretty excited i got my b.o.b
i have an old military pack that i use when i hunt, so it already has a good bit of stuff in it. just need to add to it. and make sure there are no loose rifle rounds rolling around in it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4