Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
So how did YOU find your way to the PAZRT? - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Front Office (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Front-Office)
+--- Forum: Welcome Center (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Welcome-Center)
+--- Thread: So how did YOU find your way to the PAZRT? (/Thread-So-how-did-YOU-find-your-way-to-the-PAZRT)

So how did YOU find your way to the PAZRT? - The War Wagon - 05-25-2020

As we're looking forward to starting some FRESH conversation these days, lets see HOW we each got here, and what it was we were looking for.  It might help us better tailor the website to current and perceived needs.

Since I brought it up, I reckon I'll start.  I actually got here almost 8 years ago, they way MANY folk did in those days.  A SPATE of bannings was underway at PAFOA (I earned MINE the old-fashioned way: STUPIDLY.  I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing that morning, and actually made a recommendation that was QUITE illegal, and properly got banned for it.  NOT pretty, but it happens) - mine was one of the first some 10-11 years ago, so I really don't know what happened with the rest of them.

I recalled hearing about the beginning of the PAZRT on THAT board, before my involuntary departure.  I made my way to several other boards after that - some of which are no longer around - before I remembered, that THIS site was here!

I'm a little long in the tooth for the "zombie" craze, although I have some fun with it.  MOSTLY, I was looking for PA people to keep in touch with, on the survival/preparedness angle - especially during the OBAMANATION Insurrection.  That's MY angle to things, and my specialty.

So what brought you here?  George Romero movies?  ZombieMax ammo?  Corona Virus?  Firearms (Zombie repellant)?  Something else?  Well chime in and let us know - we're looking to build a website that meets YOUR needs!

RE: So how did YOU find your way to the PAZRT? - Zombie.Hunter - 05-27-2020

Well for me, I've been pretty much into Horror as long back as I can remember, and the first thing that comes to mind is Jason Voorhees.
He scared the hell out of me as a kid, so bad my dad gave me milk to calm down, showed me the window was locked and the closet was empty and that night I slept under my bed but during the movie the adrenaline was such a rush I think I got hooked on horror.
Fast forward many, many years after I've been watching horror movies, shows and stuff ever since.
I've been an avid collector of trinkets, toys, collectibles and freaks of things from the horror world that might get you thinking, what the hell is wrong with this guy?
I've got a total of 298 zombie movies in my Zed Collection along with about another 200 horror movies.
That's what got me in the gross of things in horror which led me to making friends of similar tastes and then I met my good friend Jessica who mentioned PAZRT, so then I checked into it, and back in the days of the forum being jumping I got hooked, been here ever since and even though this place is kind of Chernobyl where as everyone else left, I'm refusing to leave. I'm sticking around until my fingers turn cold and I can't type responses anymore.

So how did YOU find your way to the PAZRT? - YllwFvr - 10-16-2021

I recall the Poofa days and spotted the PaZRT thread popping up pretty early on. I jumped in, and it got busy enough they suggested it become it's own gig. When it did I came over fairly early, I believe.

I have always loved zombies. I've read a semi decent 6 book series which I finished yesterday called Crawlerz, and I started another series today. But I enjoy them from the preparedness standpoint too. If you're ready for the undead, you're ready for anything.

Deanimation is my motivation

RE: So how did YOU find your way to the PAZRT? - Zombie.Hunter - 10-18-2021

Horror and my post above, And after all these years I am still here.

RE: So how did YOU find your way to the PAZRT? - Coup De Grâce - 10-30-2021

I actually believe in Zombies.  Whether an invention of a Caribbean 'witch doctor', or something out of a viral research laboratory I do believe that zombies are real.  What got me motivated is the incident in Florida wherein a homeless man was attacked by another human being (supposedly) who possessed super-human strength and zero ethics, empathy, or conventional morality.  The way things are going today I am waiting—just waiting—for some sort of zombie virus, or drug stimulant to be released upon the general public.  I pray it never happens; but, unfortunately, it already has!  

In answer to the question:  "Where did I find this forum", I found PAZRT in an internet search of related Pennsylvania specific websites.  Let's hope that what happened in Florida never happens here.  

Ref:  Florida Man Eaten By Zombie

RE: So how did YOU find your way to the PAZRT? - The War Wagon - 11-16-2021

(05-27-2020, 05:47 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: Well for me, I've been pretty much into Horror as long back as I can remember, and the first thing that comes to mind is Jason Voorhees.
He scared the hell out of me as a kid, so bad my dad gave me milk to calm down, showed me the window was locked and the closet was empty and that night I slept under my bed but during the movie the adrenaline was such a rush I think I got hooked on horror.

jaws SCAREDTHEHELL OUTTA ME WHEN i WAS A KID ESPECIALLY since we still took family vacations @ the beach.  I hate the beach to this day because of JAWS i &II.