Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Current state of local gunshops - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Tactics, Prepping & Survival (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Tactics-Prepping-Survival)
+--- Thread: Current state of local gunshops (/Thread-Current-state-of-local-gunshops)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Current state of local gunshops - The War Wagon - 11-28-2020

Buddy of mine was at Ace Firearms earlier this week, and reports they have NO ammo of consequence.  He went to Cabelas in Wheeling, WV this morning - NO ammo there, either!  [Image: shocked.gif]

RE: Current state of local gunshops - The War Wagon - 02-04-2021

Was at Legion Arms today - couple guys were buying handguns.  I picked up another dozen PMags, a 1911 mag, and a Magpul foregrip.  Ammo is practically GONE!

They have some of the new EAA Tisa 1911 imports, very reasonably priced ($550 +/-).  These are EXCELLENT entry-level 1911's, with ALL the bells & whistles (lo-profile 3 dot sights, ambi-safety, beavertail, light rail, etc.).  They're (EAA) also importing a Turkish Beretta 92 clone in the same price range. 

Long guns are scarce, so git what you can, when you can, where you can, while you can, however you can... cos' it ain't comin' BACK anytime soon!  [Image: shocked.gif]

RE: Current state of local gunshops - Zombie.Hunter - 02-04-2021

I've found if you can find ammo the price is definitely ridiculous, however supply on hand and crazy demand means money is gonna for sure change hands whatever the cost.
And we're all crazy enough to keep shelling out the green if we wanna stock up.

RE: Current state of local gunshops - The War Wagon - 02-05-2021

We all needed to start stockpiling at BIRTH!  [Image: shocked.gif]

RE: Current state of local gunshops - Zombie.Hunter - 02-14-2021

I certainly don't seem to have the ammo that you do but I think right now I have enough to defend the homestead for a little while.
Money is tight so I can't splurge on buying extra stock but when I can I certainly do
Just sucks ass that ammo prices have risen to a point where it's almost un-purchasable.
Right now you gotta choose between food, gas or ammo.
It's nuts the way things are now.

RE: Current state of local gunshops - The War Wagon - 02-14-2021

Someone asked the question today on 1911.com; "Do I sell off some guns, ammo, and mags, and pay off my debt, or hold fast and keep paying?"

THAT'S a tough question to answer for everyone.  While no one wants to take on MORE debt, given the nature of these days, I'D be loathe to part with any of my stash.  But if I were JUST starting out as a 21 year old again, maxing out a couple of credit cards, JUST to have SOMETHING... would be AWFULLY tempting.   Confused

And once it's "Game: ON"... there ain't no "timeouts" - to run to Boogaloo Mart, to stock (BACK) up!  [Image: shocked.gif]

RE: Current state of local gunshops - The War Wagon - 07-12-2021

After a fun weekend of hanging out with Zombie.Hunter Angel , I FINALLY got to check out National Armory in Moon Twsp., and WOTTA SHOP!!! 

[Image: national-armory.jpg]  Nice location off the main drag, in a good building, with plenty of parking, the shop is clean, well-lit, and while a few aisles might be a little cramped - for a big guy like me - that's only because, the shop is chock-full of STUFF!!!

NOT just filler - GOOD stuff!  LOTS of nice rifles (Colt AR's, PSA lowers, Black Rain uppers, etc.), LOTS of PMags and aluminum mags (in OTHER than .223 as well), and some VERY nice AK's also.  Lotta bullpup rifles (Tavor?) that I'm not familiar with, but judging by the mags, most appeared to be .223.  Shotguns are also in stock.

Lot of good gear (battle belts, pouches, and the like), along with lights, mounts, slings, and other necessary parts to complete a build.  LOTTA quality optics behind the counter too.  All the latest 9mm polymer whiz-bang pistols seem to be there (I'm a 1911 guy - ALL polymer whiz-bangs look alike to ME   Confused ).  They must be a NFA/Class III dealer as well, as I saw several suppressors in the case under the register, if you're interested in such things & have your tax stamp in hand.  They had the most decent supply of ammo I've seen in over a year, but DON'T look for pre-panic pricing just yet...

If you're on the west side of Sector 4 (especially west of Zombiesburgh! [Image: shocked.gif]), they're WORTH the drive from Washington or Beaver counties, too!  They have friendly, knowledgeable, staff, in case you're a noob, and they HAVE the good stuff.  If you're just turning 21, or have been living under a rock the past year & a half, the FIRST rule of preparedness is: HAVE some preparedness TOOLS.  You'll pay more than you did 18 mos. ago, no matter WHERE you go, but at least you can go here, and FIND the tools you'll want & need!

I only regret, that I don't live closer!

RE: Current state of local gunshops - The War Wagon - 07-19-2021

Supply IS coming back, slowly but surely... in Indiana, anyways (National Armory in Moon DID say the same thing last Saturday, FWIW), according to this.

RE: Current state of local gunshops - The War Wagon - 07-23-2021

I stopped in at Legion Arms in McKeesport this afternoon, for the first time in forever.  LOTSA nice semi-auto pistols to choose from - especially for the polymer crowd.  NO shortage of mags, and a lot MORE ammo, than the last time I was there.

LOTTA great rifles and several nice AR uppers & lowers too.  That full FN lower for $385 is calling me - I'm thinking I "NEED" to go back and get THAT!

Got to fondle this as well.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]  Galil ACE Rifle GAR16556

Pretty nice, and beveled and polymer in all the right places.  Felt great to point, takes AR mags - I'd rock one with no regrets!

Bren MS-2 is coming in next week.  I'm soooooooooooooo tempted... Cool

Russian SKS to PS-90 - all manner of great long guns in stock, if you're in the South Hills or Mon Valley.  STILL worth the drive, if you've got the need for semi-automatic goodness.   Big Grin

RE: Current state of local gunshops - The War Wagon - 06-13-2022

Anyone got a report since the latest false flag operations to suspend the Constitution?!  I hear anectdotally from other nationwide forums, that the Nics system is bogged down, possibly from a plethora of purchases.  .223 seems to have stabilized around fitty cent a round - AIM Surplus, just over in easter OH seems to have a decent selection back in around that price for those who need it! - https://aimsurplus.com/categories/ammo/223-remington