Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Make PAZRT Great Again! - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PAZRT Official News (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-PAZRT-Official-News)
+--- Forum: Website News (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Website-News)
+--- Thread: Make PAZRT Great Again! (/Thread-Make-PAZRT-Great-Again)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Make PAZRT Great Again! - The War Wagon - 04-19-2019

Well that's cool, too.  I know the initial interest here was among those banned from POOFA, even moreso than the Zombie genre, per se.  It's how I ended up here!   Blush

I wouldn't want to necessarily "re-invent POOFA" - POOFA ain't goin' nowhere, and if you can tolerate board FUDD, it still has great info there - even if some of us aren't allowed to play there anymore.

I would like to see BETTER networking amongst members though, as there were some get-togethers early on in this board's history.  Even just a meet 'n' greet @ a restaurant would be fine.  Quite frankly, that was the reason I joined - to keep in touch with PA people & events, since I couldn't at... that 'other' site....   Dodgy

I think if folks GOT to "know folks," that'll spur board interest and activity more than anything!

RE: Make PAZRT Great Again! - Zombie.Hunter - 04-19-2019

Well the intention is to make this site better than POOFA.

MUST... FIGHT... URGE... TO BE... SMARTASS!!!  [Image: blowupmf.gif]

RE: Make PAZRT Great Again! - Zombie.Hunter - 04-19-2019

Hey, while I have you on the horn, do you have any suggestions for site improvement?

I think an economics subforum - maybe in the "Prepping" forum - would be nice, as economics is a hobby of mine.  And as a contrarian investor, I'm B-I-G on having SOME junk silver and some gold on hand - so I can have some SPENDIN' money for AFTER the world ends.   Cool

RE: Make PAZRT Great Again! - Zombie.Hunter - 07-02-2019

Honestly I believe that in the end of days, the currency won't be paper nor will it be precious metals such as gold and silver, platinum or diamonds so for me putting any extra money into such materials would be for me a waste of current money. I however believe that in an apocalypse, End of Days, disaster, ZPoc, the most valuable currencies would be fuel, ammo, weapons, Food, Medical supplies, and other much more needed materials. Once you have all of that you have spending money. But the only issues with having spending money is the people that don't have the spending money. Those you have to worry about.

RE: Make PAZRT Great Again! - The War Wagon - 07-03-2019

(07-02-2019, 09:26 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: Honestly I believe that in the end of days, the currency won't be paper nor will it be precious metals such as gold and silver, platinum or diamonds so for me putting any extra money into such materials would be for me a waste of current money. I however believe that in an apocalypse, End of Days, disaster, ZPoc, the most valuable currencies would be fuel, ammo, weapons, Food, Medical supplies, and other much more needed materials. Once you have all of that you have spending money. But the only issues with having spending money is the people that don't have the spending money. Those you have to worry about.

That is a NOT un-common argument among preppers, and I wouldn't dispute investing in "fuel, ammo, weapons, Food, Medical supplies" & the like.  Assuming you're NOT within the blast radius of a nuke, man will overcome most everything else - plague & pestilence also - IN time.  Take Pittsburgh proper - pop.400,000 +/- after a natural disaster.  You might could pare that down to 4,000 after a year or two, but 40,000 is more likely.  Once all the Popeyes, Co-Go's, and Shop 'n' Saves have been raided... THEN what?!

FARMING implements and seed, will be the name of the game then, if you plan on STAYING put.  I may WELL be able to, "bite the bullet," but I sure as heck AIN'T eatin' it!  Barter-ables will help in those days too, but not so much fuel I think (that gets you OUT of town to the farm, but I'd count on mules THERE, before I'd be counting on New Holland or Navistar for the PLOWING), as I think we'll go BACK to going to bed with the chickens.  My generator might well power the TV, but I wouldn't COUNT on watching HBO with it...

And if you don't know HOW to grow - and start growing THAT SPRING of said disaster... count on the social situation to get QUITE fugly after the first frost, clear through to NEXT summer, as those who counted on CANNED beans, come looking to TAKE your fresh ones!  I might be able to repel boarders, but I ain't eatin' them, neither!  That, & large amounts of gunfire, TENDS to draw others.  If you haven't converted your entire BLOCK into a like-thinking survival community - with watch posts, sentries, patrols, comms (even simple comms, like, ringing the neighborhood church bell, to warn of trouble approaching), & EVERYBODY who ain't on patrol/sentry duty, farming WITH you... welllllll... just remember: at the end of "The Alamo," EVEN John Wayne dies...

Unless you're Bruce Wayne, I'd never recommend buying gold & silver bars to tide you over.  FRACTIONAL silver currency - "junk (circulated, NON-numismatically valuable)" U.S. coins (pre-1965 dimes, quarters, halves, and dollars primarily) WILL have value, as a silver dollar for a loaf of bread will be easier to negotiate, than trying to file off the correct amount, from a 10lb silver bar. Rolleyes  Moreover, when the 1st Lago Volunteers take control of local bridges (Allegheny Co., and probably elsewhere as well) - even if you are the FIRST one outta Dodge... getting TO your pre-farmed and ready retreat compound in the hinterboonies - still MIGHT require a little "tribute" to the locals, before you're allowed to cross.  Now big Bubbla, Sgt. of the Guard, MIGHT just settle for a few minutes with your wife or daughter (or YOU! Confused ), if you show up with your wick in your hand.  OR... maybe a fistful of dollars (and silver ones at THAT!), might convince him to let YOU pass, while he waits for somethin' with a purtier mouth to come along...  Silver and gold have NEVER been worthless - EVER.  It is NOT a substitute for bullets, beans, or band-aids, but ONCE those ARE squared away... you could do a LOT worse, than to have a .30 ammo can full of pre-rolled silver coinage squirreled away, for JUST such a day...

RE: Make PAZRT Great Again! - The War Wagon - 08-08-2019

(04-15-2019, 07:31 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: I would love to make this site Great Again!!!

Opinions please!

I wonder what ever HAPPENED to this guy... [Image: 1f914.png]

RE: Make PAZRT Great Again! - Zombie.Hunter - 08-08-2019

Hey War Wagon, I'm here been MIA for a little bit remodeling an entire house. Haven't had much time for social media or prepping or anything else. Yes I still have my ideas of how this site needs to be reworked. I'm thinking some things like titles and labels need to be removed and changed and/or things need to be categorized once the site has more user-friendly abilities and potentially some advertisement there might actually be a bit more traffic. I'm going to start boasting the site on Facebook in hopes to get more traffic lets me and you work on the labels categorizations and changes.

RE: Make PAZRT Great Again! - The War Wagon - 08-08-2019

(08-08-2019, 07:39 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: Hey War Wagon, I'm here been MIA for a little bit remodeling an entire house. Haven't had much time for social media or prepping or anything else. Yes I still have my ideas of how this site needs to be reworked. I'm thinking some things like titles and labels need to be removed and changed and/or things need to be categorized once the site has more user-friendly abilities and potentially some advertisement there might actually be a bit more traffic. I'm going to start boasting the site on Facebook in hopes to get more traffic lets me and you work on the labels categorizations and changes.

I just wanted to yank your chain - make sure the zombies hadn't eaten you yet!  Wink