Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Zulu Romeo Tango (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Zulu-Romeo-Tango)
+--- Thread: You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles (/Thread-You-probably-won-t-survive-zombie-apocalypse-in-Los-Angeles)

Pages: 1 2

RE: You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles - The War Wagon - 02-24-2016

(02-24-2016, 10:35 AM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: So I don't know how much of a good place this is, any opinions?

Is it overrun by ILLEGAL FOREIGN INVADERS, or the Cartels yet? That's your MAIN problem with AZ, NM, and TX hideouts right now. Blush

RE: You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 02-24-2016

Any place isolated is a good place. You might have to worry about the illegals bringing trouble with them though.

RE: You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles - Zombie.Hunter - 02-24-2016

My nearest neighbor is about 6 miles away, and about 10 miles away from the nearest paved road. Yet, you can see someone coming towards you during the day due to the dust from the dirt road or during the night due to the dark because of headlights. Its seriously pitch black out, out there unless you count the light from the stars.

I dint think the illegal foreign invaders or cartels want to be out there... Too damn hot with nothing, I mean nothing around.
As far as the place out there its got a tall fence around it. A steel door with a big chain and professional grade cut resistant locks and a steel plate on top of it that you'll need a tractor or dozer to slide or remove it or even move it.
But its got hinges so it only lifts up one way.

RE: You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 02-25-2016

(02-24-2016, 10:19 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: My nearest neighbor is about 6 miles away, and about 10 miles away from the nearest paved road. Yet, you can see someone coming towards you during the day due to the dust from the dirt road or during the night due to the dark because of headlights. Its seriously pitch black out, out there unless you count the light from the stars.

I dint think the illegal foreign invaders or cartels want to be out there... Too damn hot with nothing, I mean nothing around.
As far as the place out there its got a tall fence around it. A steel door with a big chain and professional grade cut resistant locks and a steel plate on top of it that you'll need a tractor or dozer to slide or remove it or even move it.
But its got hinges so it only lifts up one way.
Not that illegals would be knocking down your door but they are known for crossing through remote locations. Plus you never know about lost stragglers. All a group of illegals need is one infected among them to spread to the entire group, then you've got an issue. Fences are good. Steel doors better. Remote/rural is good.

RE: You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles - The War Wagon - 02-25-2016

Quote:Not that illegals would be knocking down your door but they are known for crossing through remote locations. Plus you never know about lost stragglers. All a group of illegals need is one infected among them to spread to the entire group, then you've got an issue. Fences are good. Steel doors better. Remote/rural is good.

^^^THIS.

And it sounds like water might be your other BIGGEST concern.

RE: You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles - Zombie.Hunter - 02-25-2016

I agree, once I'm there water will be my biggest concern, not to mention being trapped there if someone steals my vehicle that's parked up top.
My hope is to put up a block wall around the main housing area with solid gate, but that's way far off... Don't have the money to invest in such a task.
But once I do it would be pretty sweet.
But with the way things are going downhill fast, I'll prob end up living it in myself with the family.
Once the steel solid door above our heads is locked from the inside there's no getting in.
My grandfather started the project, almost finished it, and now its up to me to complete it, then if I chose keep it or put it on the market.

We all thought my grandfather was cuckoo for spending money on such a thing and wasting time on his project, now that its mine and I want to finish it, the way of the world today, I get it and he's not so cuckoo after all.

RE: You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles - ColdBlueSteel - 02-25-2016

You consider drilling a well? Preps will only last just so long. Without an on site water supply growing anything except cactus will be damn difficult.

Please ignore the spelling, "autocorrect" should be renamed.

RE: You probably won't survive zombie apocalypse in Los Angeles - The War Wagon - 02-25-2016

(02-25-2016, 08:00 PM)ColdBlueSteel Wrote: You consider drilling a well? Preps will only last just so long. Without an on site water supply growing anything except cactus will be damn difficult.

THAT raises an interesting thought; cactus, as natural fencing!!!   Cool