Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Zulu Romeo Tango (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Zulu-Romeo-Tango)
+--- Thread: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide (/Thread-A-Scientific-Model-Of-What-A-Zombie-Apocalypse-Would-Look-Like-And-Where-Not-To-Hide)

Pages: 1 2

A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 05-30-2015

Yep, the feds want to make sure they know what you've got. But, once the SHTF all the audits in the world mean nothing.

Just re-upped my FFL. I'm due for an audit soon. Cool

I like Hickock45. He always does decent reviews. You've got to get a tax stamp for the attachment.

https://youtu.be/7t_pcWPdSDs

Here's another kit. Remember People, you've got to fill out the form one, get it approved and get the tax stamp unless you want to spend the next 10 years in Allenwood.

https://youtu.be/oqZMzmPBMqc

ANOTHER Scientific Model - The War Wagon - 08-14-2015

And yet ANOTHER predictive model!

What Would A Zombie Attack Look Like?

[Image: cd_55b6ad12377fe.png]

Where Are The Safest Places To Hide Out?

Quote:How would a Zombie hoard act and how quickly would you be effected? Well look no further than this amazing program built by a group of student at Cornell University. It allows you to set the ‘kill to bite’ ratio and the time it would take for a zombie to walk one mile, so that you could figure out how fast the infestation would spread.

Click on the link below the image below to take you to the program (double click on the place of your choice to start the program ticking after you’ve determined your settings)

[Image: zombieprogram2.png]
http://survivalskillsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/zombieprogram2-300x138.png

The spread of a hypothetical zombie outbreak in the United States. (Courtesy of Alexander A. Alemi/Cornell University)

Alex Alemi is statistician who wondered what would happen if there was a real zombie outbreak (as a result of a major catastrophe) where would be the best places to bug out and how long would you remain safe and secure. He hypothesized that a zombie outbreak would be very similar to the spread of a virus and after a great deal of study, actually presented their work at the American Physical Society, where they presented their model which uses rigorous scientific methodology to model a real outbreak.

The model allows you to to design your own outbreak from anywhere in America with a click of a button. It assumes that zombies can only walk and can’t fly or drive cars, which if there was an EMP attack would make perfect sense. Alemi suggested that unlike the movies, which often depict diffuse saturation and numerous locations simultaneously affected, a true outbreak wouldn’t work like that. It would take hours, days, months and even years to spread into every underpopulated nook and cranny of the United States.

Pretty schweet... unless the Zeds are overrunning YOUR AO! Confused

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - Officer235 - 08-15-2015

Does this include the delay generated by the govt. denying and refusing to admit the truth and not telling of the seriousness that this is even happening. All the while we are dropping zombies on our way out of town?

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - The War Wagon - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 04:37 AM)Officer235 Wrote: Does this include the delay generated by the govt. denying and refusing to admit the truth...

The gummint can't even admit - 7 years later - that we have an UN-constitutionally elected Kenyan/Indonesian/British usurper on the throne. I don't hold out a lotta hope the gummint would ADMIT zombies exist, even 7 years after electing one El Presidente! Dodgy

A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 08-15-2015

I began the program in Washington DC at the control settings that were on the board when I entered the site. I'm not sure what the kill to bite ratio is but the mile walk was set at 11 minutes which is a little fast. As it was, DC was gone in 36 hours. It appears that I have about 83 hours until it hits my county. The program shows total saturation as if it was airborne so the controls need to be adjusted some.

I switched up to a 15 minute mile. Still a bit quick at 4 miles per hour walk for a Zed with no direction but a little more realistic for a walk. I'm basing this on my wife's walking pace during exercise. She motors along at about a 17 minute mile walk. I also switched from DC (wishful thinking) to Atlanta Georgia. I believe the CDC is located there. My thinking is the virus would escape there. Who knows what they're doing in that place..

Atlanta didn't last 23 hours.

Another thing the program doesn't account for is an infected person travelling to another city and bringing the virus with them.

Edit:
So 83 hours in and the virus has spread to a couple other states in the area. By this time I would think that some type of response would be under way but the virus would have surely spread to other states. I was able to spread it to DC and again the city didn't last long.

Kill to Bite Ratio- .8
Time to walk a mile- 15:04
Step Draw- 500
I figure it would take anywhere from 36 to 72 hours for the virus to travel from one city to another. Who knows how long it will take to incubate in a human host after a bite.

Atlanta- 23 hours
DC- 23 hours
NYC- 20 hours
Detroit- 20 hours
Philly- 17 hours
Chicago- 30 hours

Once the Virus got to the big cities it's only a matter of days. At least those of us in the sticks would have more time to prepare. But, for what?

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - Officer235 - 08-15-2015

I believe that the CDC is a joke with the most dangerous bugs in the world. After they lost the Anthrax (I believe?), I really wonder how safe we are.

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - The War Wagon - 08-15-2015

Our surgeon general - worried about glo-BULL warming and banning guns - inspires tons of confidence, too... Dodgy