Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Zulu Romeo Tango (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Zulu-Romeo-Tango)
+--- Thread: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide (/Thread-A-Scientific-Model-Of-What-A-Zombie-Apocalypse-Would-Look-Like-And-Where-Not-To-Hide)

Pages: 1 2

A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - priell3 - 03-26-2015

A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide

The best spots for riding out a zombie apocalypse are sparsely populated areas of Montana and Nevada, which remain untouched even four months, according to a new study by researchers at Cornell University who have developed a statistical model for simulating the spread of a fictional zombie epidemic. As The WSJ reports, with real-life applications to modeling viral outbreaks, Cornell offer dire warnings for those who live in Scranton, PA – with northeastern Pennsylvania as the U.S. location most at risk of being overrun by the undead.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/03/tyler-durden/where-not-to-hide-in-a-zombie-apocalypse/

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - The War Wagon - 03-26-2015

Now THAT'S pretty interesting, but how does FT. WAYNE, IN qualify as a "center" of zombie activity?!?! [Image: shocked.gif][Image: shocked.gif][Image: shocked.gif]

I went to grad school there - I lived on a 125 year old family-owned, working dairy farm 10 minutes west of DOWNTOWN!!! Zombies couldn't find Ft. Wayne with GPS!!! Weird, wild, stuff... Confused

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 05-17-2015

Scientists sure know how to screw stuff up. They'll likely be the cause of a Z-poc. Why aren't New York and L.A. burning white on their map. Anywhere people live on top of each other like rats should be a hot bed for any epidemic.

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - Zombie.Hunter - 05-23-2015

All the major cities come World War Z are screwed, including Pittsburgh too.
It has gotten to the point, that now there is no where to hide,
No where to go, the only place I would even think to maybe get away to is the middle of BFE, Arizona but the only problem there now is that there's absolutely nothing, so surviving there isn't surviving, you're just there waiting to die.

I can honestly say, when the SHTF you've got no where to turn, no one to trust and no way out.
Once you realize that, you may have a chance at surviving... Somehow.

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - Officer235 - 05-23-2015

These same scientists will be telling us that there's nothing to worry about, while you are dropping zombies at your door.

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 05-23-2015

It's funny, even the Wall Street Journal is getting in on predicting

WSJ Link

You can expect the coasts to be gone. Any large population area is gone. I've seen different examples on paper of the affliction spreading. Some have been slow, like flu or other sicknesses. Others have been very fast. The time it takes for a plane to land. I believe the later will be more likely. Models that compare a Zpoc to the flu don't take in to account the spread of the disease by bite. Someone can turn and take two steps and bite someone else. It may not happen as fast as the movie WWZ but then again it may.

The safest areas will be rural. The more remote the better. Zeds are attracted to noise and light. If you make noise and light they will come. I still think the best idea is to stay in small groups with a base. Travel short distances and patrol your area. Take out the lone zeds and avoid the larger groups. Distract them and move them away from your main base if possible.

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - Officer235 - 05-23-2015

Another good reason to have suppressors.

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - Zombie.Hunter - 05-29-2015

Even if you can avoid the zeds, they will find you.
They can smell you, they know you are there, and if that's the case you're screwed because one brings another.
Two more bring four and so on and even if you can keep it quiet, where are you going to get enough ammo locally to take out pretty much the entire populous around you, and another thing can you even get suppressors anymore?
I thought they were banned in most states these days.
I don't think they're available anywhere locally so that takes the quietness out of the equation.

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 05-29-2015

Never knew Zeds to have the sense of smell in any movie, series or book. But, we never know.

Suppressors can be purchased by anyone who can legally own a firearm. They are not banned. You just need to obtain a Federal Tax Stamp to get one. The tax stamp is an extra $200 tacked on to the price of the can plus whatever wait period there is in order for the ATF to conduct their background. Last known it was about 6 months. If the Zpoc hit tomorrow you could always make a make-shift suppressor out of an oil filter. You can also build your own from kits available on the internet. You just have to obtain a Tax Stamp in order to be legal.

Class 3 dealers sell suppressors, short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns and sub guns.

RE: A Scientific Model Of What A Zombie Apocalypse Would Look Like And Where Not To Hide - ColdBlueSteel - 05-29-2015

Along with the tax stamp comes an it's audit. At least it did for Victor smalls.