Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
The new bug out vehicle - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Transportation & Communication (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Transportation-Communication)
+--- Thread: The new bug out vehicle (/Thread-The-new-bug-out-vehicle)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The new bug out vehicle - The War Wagon - 05-31-2013

(05-31-2013, 01:11 PM)the_repeat Wrote: war wagon where abouts are you located? Im in old forge in the NE area.

I'm in the South Hills of Pittsburgh - and these folks would probably be "cash-n-carry" sorts. You bring da' cash, then you carry home da' parts! Tongue

RE: The new bug out vehicle - NuthinButJHP - 05-31-2013

Morgan hwy always has cherokee parts or try D's u pull it.

RE: The new bug out vehicle - redeye202 - 06-01-2013

(05-31-2013, 01:11 PM)the_repeat Wrote: war wagon where abouts are you located? Im in old forge in the NE area. If you personally know someone with the parts Im looking for and can get me prices that would be appreciated. Im having hard times looking on c.l and in my local area cause every piece I find is either rusted or dented up here.... Ill make a list of what Im looking for and if you can find it Ill get the cash together and make the trip down to your area....
Im in need of:
Both Fenders
Header Assembly ( COMPLETE front grill )
All 4 doors
Rear Hatch Assembly w/ heated glass

Only reason why I want panels to be almost close to perfect is because obviously its my DD so I want it to last... Also Im going to be bedlining the ENTIRE rig once its completed to keep it from ever rusting again. Im doing that followed by OD green the whole truck and Ultra flat black the bottom section.

talked to another xj owner last night, he said that Ds in Dunmore has what you are looking for, he just picked up a a hatch for his 99 on Friday.

www.4WD.com--has new steel fenders for $102 each + other OEM parts.

Re: The new bug out vehicle - steamtownwelder - 06-01-2013

Fuck Morgan hwy. That is all.

Sent from my Comet using Tapatalk 2

RE: The new bug out vehicle - the_repeat - 07-17-2013

Replacing the floor pans next week. Can't wait to have dry floors again lol

RE: The new bug out vehicle - The War Wagon - 07-17-2013

(07-17-2013, 10:47 AM)the_repeat Wrote: Replacing the floor pans next week. Can't wait to have dry floors again lol

DRY floors are good - my RC has those now, too. Tongue

Should be getting the comm setup (cb & scanner) in the Commander next week! Cool

RE: The new bug out vehicle - JeepGuy - 07-18-2013

for the fenders and smaller body parts check rockauto.com for aftermarket ones there sometimes pretty cheap even with shipping. also some company makes really nice pre-runner stlye front fenders for them.

RE: The new bug out vehicle - The War Wagon - 07-18-2013

(07-18-2013, 07:09 AM)JeepGuy Wrote: for the fenders and smaller body parts check rockauto.com for aftermarket ones there sometimes pretty cheap even with shipping. also some company makes really nice pre-runner stlye front fenders for them.

On Ramcharger Central, you can see folks welding road signs (Stop signs, mostly) in as new floor pans! Tongue Tongue Tongue

RE: The new bug out vehicle - the_repeat - 09-08-2013

Jeep is currently down for the count... blew the head gasket. Going to be tearing it down next weekend when my rebuild kit comes in. Im going to be completely tearing down the head and having it machined and rebuilt, all new gaskets, valve seals, lifters, and push rods. Also upgrading the cooling system with a new radiator, all hoses, water pump, and thermostat.

RE: The new bug out vehicle - the_repeat - 01-18-2014

UPDATE:
Now running tsl super swampers, complete top end rebuild done, all cooling/heating system replaced. All ball joints replaced, just ordered a rough country 3" lift kit and steering stabilizer. Bought a new front header panel with all brand new amber marker light housings. Next replacing all u joints, and JCR offroad metal taillight/LED conversion.