Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
The new bug out vehicle - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Transportation & Communication (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Transportation-Communication)
+--- Thread: The new bug out vehicle (/Thread-The-new-bug-out-vehicle)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The new bug out vehicle - the_repeat - 05-30-2013

1997 Jeep Cherokee I6. 212k miles. CB Installed, GPS, and disconnected sway bars.... Thats basically it for the time being. Lots more to be installed including a 0 mile fully rebuilt motor.

RE: The new bug out vehicle - Mr Bear - 05-30-2013

you realize after all hell breaks loose, gps could potentially be useless, right? other than that, not a bad setup

RE: The new bug out vehicle - The War Wagon - 05-30-2013

Makes me wonder if the electronic compass in my Commander will still work, IF the truck survives the EMP burst. Blush

RE: The new bug out vehicle - the_repeat - 05-30-2013

Yeah I realize that.... Still not bad to have tho

If anyone knows of a 97+ Cherokee part out let me know. I'm in need of body panels.

RE: The new bug out vehicle - Mr Bear - 05-30-2013

recalculating...lol

97 cherokee body panels? i'll keep my eyes open. everybody and their mother has a cherokee around here, im sure theres something somewhere. junk yards may be your best bet. not sure what year my buddy's jeep was, but last i saw it, the body was in decent shape. its probably still sitting in the junk yard where i last saw it too. along with his old minivan. and his old bmw. kid was scrap happy i guess

RE: The new bug out vehicle - The War Wagon - 05-31-2013

I've seen several XJ's in the South Hills, sitting on body shop/garage lots along Rt.88, with "Parting out" signs on them. Come over here for a Saturday, and I'm pretty sure I can get you back home with EVERYTHING you need in a couple of hours! Big Grin

RE: The new bug out vehicle - sustainedchaos - 05-31-2013

regular old paper maps in the glove box would be a nice backup

RE: The new bug out vehicle - the_repeat - 05-31-2013

war wagon where abouts are you located? Im in old forge in the NE area. If you personally know someone with the parts Im looking for and can get me prices that would be appreciated. Im having hard times looking on c.l and in my local area cause every piece I find is either rusted or dented up here.... Ill make a list of what Im looking for and if you can find it Ill get the cash together and make the trip down to your area....
Im in need of:
Both Fenders
Header Assembly ( COMPLETE front grill )
All 4 doors
Rear Hatch Assembly w/ heated glass

Only reason why I want panels to be almost close to perfect is because obviously its my DD so I want it to last... Also Im going to be bedlining the ENTIRE rig once its completed to keep it from ever rusting again. Im doing that followed by OD green the whole truck and Ultra flat black the bottom section.

RE: The new bug out vehicle - NuthinButJHP - 05-31-2013

Morgan hwy has the parts.

RE: The new bug out vehicle - the_repeat - 05-31-2013

(05-31-2013, 05:51 PM)NuthinButJHP Wrote: Morgan hwy has the parts.

Do they? When I called up there they said they had nothing of that year/style. That was also like 3 weeks ago so maybe they got stuff since then