Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Sectors and Regional Chapters (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sectors-and-Regional-Chapters)
+--- Forum: Pennsylvania ZRT Sectors (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Pennsylvania-ZRT-Sectors)
+---- Forum: Sector 4 (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sector-4)
+---- Thread: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 (/Thread-SEC-4-Meeting-Spots-2)

Pages: 1 2

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - The_Colonel - 06-01-2013

I would like to point out to you something that i feel you have overlooked in your "planning".

When we had the floods, or snowstorms that caused state of emergency, etc., what facilities were focused on by the government?

1. Local school buildings were used to house thousands of flood victims for prolonged amounts of time (some of them).

2. Local jails are not abandoned even when in a flood zone. the prisoners may be moved closer together out of the affected areas but are almost never transported out. during the flood we had last year, three of my prison guard buddies were called in for mandatory overtime because of the movement and condensed atmosphere.
Even if the prison WAS abandoned, many people would also think about this as a good option. Multiple groups would likely fight over possession of said jail for their own well being.

3. Armories and such will not be empty and available for the picking. Every National Guard and Army Reserve Soldier will be called in and the armories will serve as the T.O.C. There will be armed, trained, soldiers in and out all day. Lets not forget to mention how most of those soldiers will have ZERO combat or disaster experience and either freeze up and be useless, or lose it and shoot anything that moves or anyone that doesn't obey their "orders".

Just something to think about during your "planning".

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - Mr Bear - 06-02-2013

the man has a point.

another good point...stay away from major roadways. stick to back roads. less traffic.

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - sustainedchaos - 06-06-2013

(06-01-2013, 02:21 PM)The_Colonel Wrote: I would like to point out to you something that i feel you have overlooked in your "planning".

When we had the floods, or snowstorms that caused state of emergency, etc., what facilities were focused on by the government?

1. Local school buildings were used to house thousands of flood victims for prolonged amounts of time (some of them).

2. Local jails are not abandoned even when in a flood zone. the prisoners may be moved closer together out of the affected areas but are almost never transported out. during the flood we had last year, three of my prison guard buddies were called in for mandatory overtime because of the movement and condensed atmosphere.
Even if the prison WAS abandoned, many people would also think about this as a good option. Multiple groups would likely fight over possession of said jail for their own well being.

3. Armories and such will not be empty and available for the picking. Every National Guard and Army Reserve Soldier will be called in and the armories will serve as the T.O.C. There will be armed, trained, soldiers in and out all day. Lets not forget to mention how most of those soldiers will have ZERO combat or disaster experience and either freeze up and be useless, or lose it and shoot anything that moves or anyone that doesn't obey their "orders".

Just something to think about during your "planning".
Agreed. I personally feel wooded areas would be the best for survival. It's always good to learn and expand your options just in case your plan blows up in your face. Not to mention the forest is what I'm more comfortable with and I feel like most people just don't know how to be self sufficient in the woods. the Modern day human is a lazy animal(mostly) that are used to having whatever they need put right in there hands. Still good to know what buildings have bomb shelters and stockpiles of resources. You can always exploit them at a later date. Bomb shelters in particular intrigue me for that fact that if it is a zombie apocalypse our government might panic and just start bombing the bastards. Let's face it our government is a bomb happy bunch and would they care about killing innocent people to save themselves?

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - Mr Bear - 06-06-2013

mr bear likes the woods

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - sustainedchaos - 06-07-2013

Allegheny Forest is also a prime real estate for that, especially since Allegheny Forest is 517,000 acres. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that area but I love to hike and explore. Also, I'm pretty sure you can do a weekend forest survival class there.

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - Mr Bear - 06-08-2013

im pretty familiar with some areas north of the allegheny national forest...

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - The War Wagon - 10-23-2020

As "Z-Day" is now less than 2 weeks away, it's a GOOD time to review the Bug IN / Bug OUT plan again.

REGARDLESS of what happens around us, it's almost a sure thing, that NONE of us will be THE first OUT.  Since we DON'T wanna be caught in the thick of things, that means making sure you're ABLE to Bug IN for one week, at a MINIMUM!  Unless your house is ON FIRE, moving around at the onset, is certain to make you a victim - intentionally, or unintentionally!   Confused

Food, water, medicine, toilet paper, ammo - you name it; it's all gotta be there WITH you.  OPSEC is CRITICAL at this time, such that the zombies DON'T see you as a target of opportunity or retribution.  Ideally, they will NOT 'see you' at ALL!!!  BE the grey man, reconnoiter discreetly, and keep EVERYONE indoors and QUIET, so as not to even give away that you're there.  Monitor comms, and KNOW where the Golden Horde is, and where THEY'RE moving - prepare accordingly.

Zombie.Hunter is welcome in my AO, and knows I have extra gear - my position MIGHT be slightly more defensible, but if you HAFTA move that first week, have a DEFINITE plan of where you're going, HOW you're gonna get there, and KNOW that you will be welcome BEFORE arrival!!!

Even if the initial zombie hoard has moved on after that first week, DON'T let your guard down - reconnoiter some MORE, and talk to those TRUSTED around you - find out what THEY'RE seeing and hearing, BEFORE you make that Bug OUT!  After that first week, your bug out spot might be in WORSE shape, than were you ALREADY are!

KNOW, before you MOVE.

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - Zombie.Hunter - 11-15-2020

I like the idea of getting to know the forest, I'd love to plan something where all the remaining active PAZRT members get together. A nice meet and greet would always be a good thing.

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - Zombie.Hunter - 11-15-2020

If I have to bug in, I know I'm geared up but If I have to move you can bet I'm bringing my gear and goods with me and trust me... I have plenty of goods and gear.

RE: SEC 4 Meeting Spots 2 - The War Wagon - 11-15-2020

(11-15-2020, 09:05 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: I like the idea of getting to know the forest, I'd love to plan something where all the remaining active PAZRT members get together. A nice meet and greet would always be a good thing.

There was a group of us interested in an Overland adventure through northern WV a few years ago on Pittsburgh Offroad, but we never got around to it.  Sad

I think a weekend trip like that - as a shakedown of vehicles, with some shooting drills thrown in on Saturday - would make for a GREAT weekend; kinda, "see what we're MADE of"...

But we need a route, with a place that will ALLOW us to shoot for a while, along the way.  I think a minimum of 5 people/vehicles would be needed, to make it worthwhile.

Can we dig UP 5 such people - AND vehicles?