Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Sectors and Regional Chapters (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sectors-and-Regional-Chapters)
+--- Forum: Pennsylvania ZRT Sectors (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Pennsylvania-ZRT-Sectors)
+---- Forum: Sector 4 (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sector-4)
+---- Thread: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... (/Thread-How-long-does-it-take-for-the-Sheriff-s-Dept)

Pages: 1 2

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - BioHazard74D - 08-02-2012

(08-01-2012, 11:52 PM)The War Wagon Wrote: OK - so I get my renewal in RECORD time (I went downtown a couple Friday's ago - the approval is in my mail the next TUESDAY! Big Grin ), and went and picked up my new license yesterday, AND....

It looks like it came out of a CRACKERJACK BOX!!! What the FREEP is up with THAT?!?! Angry

My license from '07 is on sturdy, driver's license stock. This thing looks like it'll fly apart after a hot day in July on my hip in my wallet! Confused I'm gonna KEEP carrying my OLD one in my wallet with it, for when this one MELTS apart... Dodgy

My LTCF from York Co was just folded in half (to make it double sided) and laminated, nothing at all like a drivers license.

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - rthrasher2 - 08-02-2012

(08-02-2012, 09:47 AM)BioHazard74D Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 11:52 PM)The War Wagon Wrote: OK - so I get my renewal in RECORD time (I went downtown a couple Friday's ago - the approval is in my mail the next TUESDAY! Big Grin ), and went and picked up my new license yesterday, AND....

It looks like it came out of a CRACKERJACK BOX!!! What the FREEP is up with THAT?!?! Angry

My license from '07 is on sturdy, driver's license stock. This thing looks like it'll fly apart after a hot day in July on my hip in my wallet! Confused I'm gonna KEEP carrying my OLD one in my wallet with it, for when this one MELTS apart... Dodgy

My LTCF from York Co was just folded in half (to make it double sided) and laminated, nothing at all like a drivers license.

Wow I thought they were all license stock, both of mine are. Guess it makes sense though, not all have the same tech or budget.

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - fatherjim - 09-18-2012

(08-02-2012, 11:43 AM)rthrasher2 Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 09:47 AM)BioHazard74D Wrote:

Wow I thought they were all license stock, both of mine are. Guess it makes sense though, not all have the same tech or budget.

I actually set up the State mandated system in Indiana county. They gave us some very specific 'suggestions' as to hardware for accessing their system and printing licenses. While the Sheriff issues the license, it must all be done using the state central system.

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - The War Wagon - 09-19-2012

(09-18-2012, 01:42 PM)fatherjim Wrote: I actually set up the State mandated system in Indiana county. They gave us some very specific 'suggestions' as to hardware for accessing their system and printing licenses. While the Sheriff issues the license, it must all be done using the state central system.

I don't doubt they mandate certain specifics that MUST be met, BUT... my CCW in KY & IN, and my first PA LTCF, were all issued on the same plastic stock, as is used for a PA driver's license (I got my most recent one of those in 2010 - one presumes they still use that white plastic base stock - about the thickness of a credit card).

My new LTCF, is actually laminated, in the same way NC driver's licenses are (I grew up there - got my first license in '83, and had a NC DL through '98, when I moved to KY). Problem is, when you carry a wallet every day - heat & humidity cause it to DE-laminate over time, as a couple of my licenses did!

We ALL know, the PA LTCF, is a $25 'tax stamp' for the Sheriff's Dept. (I had to take the UT-style class to get my CCW in KY), which is ALSO fine; the SD needs money, too. It seems to me though, that by going to this cheaper route, the Sheriff's Dept. sets itself up to issue MANY "replacement" copies (along with the associated 'charges' of making the replacement...), long BEFORE the original actually expires. Rolleyes

I'd pay ANOTHER $5, just to use the OLDER style card stock, personally...

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - Officer235 - 09-20-2012

In Westmoreland Co. we have the option of photo and non-photo. Mine is non-photo and laser printed on common white paper. I don't remember what the photo license looks like. Anybody have one from Westmoreland Co.?

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - fatherjim - 09-20-2012

(09-19-2012, 08:35 AM)The War Wagon Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 01:42 PM)fatherjim Wrote: I actually set up the State mandated system in Indiana county. They gave us some very specific 'suggestions' as to hardware for accessing their system and printing licenses. While the Sheriff issues the license, it must all be done using the state central system.

I don't doubt they mandate certain specifics that MUST be met, BUT... my CCW in KY & IN, and my first PA LTCF, were all issued on the same plastic stock, as is used for a PA driver's license (I got my most recent one of those in 2010 - one presumes they still use that white plastic base stock - about the thickness of a credit card).

My new LTCF, is actually laminated, in the same way NC driver's licenses are (I grew up there - got my first license in '83, and had a NC DL through '98, when I moved to KY). Problem is, when you carry a wallet every day - heat & humidity cause it to DE-laminate over time, as a couple of my licenses did!

We ALL know, the PA LTCF, is a $25 'tax stamp' for the Sheriff's Dept. (I had to take the UT-style class to get my CCW in KY), which is ALSO fine; the SD needs money, too. It seems to me though, that by going to this cheaper route, the Sheriff's Dept. sets itself up to issue MANY "replacement" copies (along with the associated 'charges' of making the replacement...), long BEFORE the original actually expires. Rolleyes

I'd pay ANOTHER $5, just to use the OLDER style card stock, personally...

The new system was installed mid-to -late 2011. To my knowledge, each county is to be using the same type of card. I definitely agree that the new card stock leaves so much room for improvement ; it has been the greatest source of complaint. Mind you, we had an older system that used a quad-color heat impregnation printing method that was much nicer, harder to duplicate, and only 2 years old. We were informed it would not work with the new system. As I am also involved with elections here, I might add that even though the new CCW permits can ONLY be printed from the State system, they are not considered a proper form of ID for the new ID requirements to vote, as they are technically issued by the Sheriff's department. Your tax dollars at work....Tongue