Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Sectors and Regional Chapters (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sectors-and-Regional-Chapters)
+--- Forum: Pennsylvania ZRT Sectors (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Pennsylvania-ZRT-Sectors)
+---- Forum: Sector 4 (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sector-4)
+---- Thread: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... (/Thread-How-long-does-it-take-for-the-Sheriff-s-Dept)

Pages: 1 2

How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - The War Wagon - 07-03-2012

... to send the renewal paperwork for my PA Zombie Hunting License - I mean, LTCF?

Mine is due for renewal in August (Allegheny Co.), but I haven't seen squat in the mail yet! Blush

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - RONIN4hire - 07-04-2012

I dont think they send renewal, take the initiative and go apply ASAP!

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - toby3609 - 07-05-2012

Here in York they don't remind ya. You have to go thru the whole process every 5 years. And thats all up to you.

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - The War Wagon - 07-05-2012

Gotcha! I know in KY, they mailed me a renewal. Just figured they'd do the same here, but I figured WRONG! Blush

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - RONIN4hire - 07-06-2012

In Beaver County is pretty quick, under an hour and you walk out with permit in hand.
Think it was $25ish? (cash) and filling out a form, mighta asked for references too?

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - The War Wagon - 07-08-2012

Well guess WHAT? On Friday, I get my renewal notice - AND the application - in the mail, from the Sheriff's office!!! [Image: shocked.gif][Image: shocked.gif][Image: shocked.gif]

I make SANTA'S "naughty" list routinely - can't imagine HOW I got on Mullen's good side! I hear he's an "anti!" [Image: shocked.gif]

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - BioHazard74D - 07-08-2012

I was told (4 years ago) by the York Co Sheriffs office that they send one expiration notice, after that its on you. Also its not a true renewal anymore, paperwork is the same as the initial application.
But I haven't had to renew mine yet, so I can't say if its true.

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - The War Wagon - 07-09-2012

(07-08-2012, 04:40 PM)BioHazard74D Wrote: Also its not a true renewal anymore, paperwork is the same as the initial application.

'Tis true... but it beats driving downtown, TRYING to find a parking meter, walking 47 blocks in the blazing heat, JUST to get the form, then drive BACK home, fill it out, yada, yada, yada.

I'll take this ANY day, living IN Allegheny Co.!

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - Christ - 07-15-2012

(07-09-2012, 08:49 AM)The War Wagon Wrote:
(07-08-2012, 04:40 PM)BioHazard74D Wrote: Also its not a true renewal anymore, paperwork is the same as the initial application.

'Tis true... but it beats driving downtown, TRYING to find a parking meter, walking 47 blocks in the blazing heat, JUST to get the form, then drive BACK home, fill it out, yada, yada, yada.

I'll take this ANY day, living IN Allegheny Co.!

When I applied I filled it out right there in the office. Took me about 10 minutes and they took the $20 processing fee that day, took my pic after they called and told me it was ready to pick up. (Sort of a lie, really. It wasn't printed yet, so it wasn't ready to pick up...)

RE: How long does it take, for the Sheriff's Dept.... - The War Wagon - 08-01-2012

OK - so I get my renewal in RECORD time (I went downtown a couple Friday's ago - the approval is in my mail the next TUESDAY! Big Grin ), and went and picked up my new license yesterday, AND....

It looks like it came out of a CRACKERJACK BOX!!! What the FREEP is up with THAT?!?! Angry

My license from '07 is on sturdy, driver's license stock. This thing looks like it'll fly apart after a hot day in July on my hip in my wallet! Confused I'm gonna KEEP carrying my OLD one in my wallet with it, for when this one MELTS apart... Dodgy