Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
What type of vehicle would you use? - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Transportation & Communication (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Transportation-Communication)
+--- Thread: What type of vehicle would you use? (/Thread-What-type-of-vehicle-would-you-use)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - g4mbl3 - 08-04-2010

I love seeing people say here "I would steal this" or "liberate that". Sure its SHTF time, but do you think for one, its only going to be us in this thread or other forums that get out and go to a BOL or just get the hell out of dodge? Those people with the vehicles you plan on stealing, I guarantee they are either going to be long gone, or something along those lines.

Another point is just because you may be serious about stealing one of their vehicles, what makes you think someone with no vehicle will not steal yours? especially if you do manage to get the trucks you are trying to. Just another point of view for you all to look at. Especially with Military vehicles, you dont think the military is going to be out and about before you even know whats going on?

Needless to say, I only consider what I own a BOV, and mod it accordingly regarding available funds, time, and gas mileage. Sure adding a 900lb bumper and 45" tires are badass, but gas mileage in a world gone mad, is what you rely on. You wont be able to stop at a gas station, and sure syphoning out gas tanks is what people are going to have to do, but think of how vulnerable you will be.

Also, you are as strong as your weakest link. Try to always have atleast 3 vehicles in your caravan, and communication is key. Every vehicle I have owned has had a cb in it for this reason. SHTF, and your stuck with what you have at this very point in time. No time outs for letting you add stuff on, etc. Meet up, go to BOL with every single thing you can grab, and once there and secured, then think about adding stuff as the need arises. especially ammo and spare parts, gas, food, water.

/rant Smile

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - chris13 - 08-05-2010

I want that chainsaw you see in the remake of Dawn of The Dead that slides through the door, slicing any unwanted passengers.

I would probably see if a road-shuttle that runs on bio-diesel fuel is available at my university.
Thats convienent, don't you think?

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - vjf915 - 08-20-2010

I would absolutely never use a motorcycle. There is going to be debris everywhere from car accidents and shit. A motorcycle is MUCH more maneuverable, but you are FUCKED if you fall or get surrounded.

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - vjf915 - 08-21-2010

If you have a handful of people riding, thats a handful of people who come back for you when you fall. Or, you could ride in an SUV.....

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - bonehed927 - 09-10-2010

I would use my WRX. Its off road capable, fast as all get out and has loads of storage space for supplies, weapons and ammo!!!

My backup would be my Harley. Again, fast as all get out and great for moving around packs of zombies and cutting off heads with my Texas Pig Sticker.

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - AWS2111 - 10-31-2010

I'm thinking dirt bike but only if I know I would be traveling with others. Dirt bikes are rediculously good on gas, can go anywhere when the roads are clogged. Also, if you have a convoy of larger vehicles behind you you can run a bit ahead to let them know what road conditions are like. Obviously if we're talking hordes clogging the streets that won't work. I'm also coming out of the suburbs, hard to cut through lawns in a full size truck.

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - AWS2111 - 11-12-2010

All of us need to save up 20 grand so we can each have one of these.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct732.aspx

I don't think I need to explain any further, although I should point out they're road legal.

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - YllwFvr - 11-13-2010

Im semi fucked, depending on how you look at it. Ill make do with the best I have. I can make it to my BOL in perhaps 10 minutes. Throw in packing time make it a half hour. Once Im there I have far fewer worries. Hook up with other ZRT members there and we have an effective mobile convoy.
I am mobile scout. I cannot go offroad over rough or wet terrain. An overgrown field may even stop me. But i will follow the other members SUV and that can clear the road or flatten grass enough for me to follow. Given some road I can speed ahead and radio back with info, check side roads or towns and keep in contact. I went for fuel economy and price over everything else. I will have access to a welder at the BOL so I could weld together a kind of crude brush guard to protect my radiator and headlights from damage.

I get about 35 mpg and have large front windows I could shoot out of if need be. Or I could grab my pack and be out of my car in moments and standing on the suvs siderails with a hand on the luggage rack if I needed to ditch fast.

Like I said, I may not be set up perfect but I think I can do ok. Of course if I had a choice....
Wrangler, bigass tires and a lift. Top lightbar, meaty brush guard, skid plate, winch, side mounted lights, hard top with, as mentioned before, chicken and chain link fencing.

Cb goes in every car I have first and foremost. Communication is the most important thing.
Well... behind guns and mobility.
I saw this earlier and just wanted to repost because its so goddam awesome.
If I win a few million in a lottery Im getting this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfS8b8stb0I&feature=BF&list=QL&index=3

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - Dice - 01-16-2011

If it came down to it Jeepster's personal Transport or ill Hang on to the Danger Ranger. They r simple to fix. Any parts store should have parts in stock. So basically anything from 95 and older with 4x4 and a good amount of ground clearance. Made of steel, just cause its easier to weld to and makes for less damage when driving most anything. If it has a Carb then thats evern better. In case we get to the point of EMP's they still Run.

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - Matty - 01-19-2011

For me I would use my 04 F-150 Crew Cab. Hopefully i have time to put a small lift, KC light bar and bull bar on it before to invasion happens.