Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
What type of vehicle would you use? - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Transportation & Communication (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Transportation-Communication)
+--- Thread: What type of vehicle would you use? (/Thread-What-type-of-vehicle-would-you-use)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - ChrisRedfield929 - 09-24-2011

Currently own an '02 Focus ZX3 hatchback. It, as of now will serve as my scout SHTFmobile. It's pretty quick, and one of the most nimble little cars I've ever driven. 5 speed with spec clutch and flywheel, Eibach coilovers, redone exhaust headers back, intake. Decent amount of space in the trunk (once I take my subs out.) Just need to figure out how to "slime" the tires, but I got lots of Fix'a'Flat. Gets 38mpg if driven right, post-infection mpgs estimated at <20. lol

Zombacolypse come, I cut a hole in the roof for rear-seated roof-fire, sludge the tires, beef up the front bumper incase of light ramming (makeshift,) maybe some roll cage & fenced windows. I'll just out-manuever everything.

Planning on very soon buying an early 90's hi-top conversion van, which will be gutted and built for sound, but I always have the means to modify, and those vans have alot of potential. Towing, passengers, and roof space, yeah not that of a big truck, but its a van man xD

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - TurdFX4 - 09-24-2011

(07-31-2011, 01:09 PM)chazman21 Wrote: [Image: ccequipmentcustomm35cre.jpg]

SWEET!

I think thats the one thats in the auto locator?

anyways... I plan on using my truck:

[Image: IMG_2004.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2011.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2012.jpg]

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II, 1 of 517 made... 4" total lift, 33"x12.5" mastercraft mt's on mickey thompson classic II's, full herculined grille guard, magnaflow single exit exhaust, James Duff Trac bars, extang tri-fold tonneau cover, Explorer full length console and explorer over head console... I could go on and on here

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - YukonDon - 10-05-2011

How about this.... lol

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - Clark Kent - 10-06-2011

I consider the ideal bumper height to be at head level of the average zombie.

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - chazman21 - 10-07-2011

(09-24-2011, 07:53 PM)TurdFX4 Wrote:
(07-31-2011, 01:09 PM)chazman21 Wrote: [Image: ccequipmentcustomm35cre.jpg]

SWEET!

I think thats the one thats in the auto locator?

anyways... I plan on using my truck:

[Image: IMG_2004.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2011.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2012.jpg]

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II, 1 of 517 made... 4" total lift, 33"x12.5" mastercraft mt's on mickey thompson classic II's, full herculined grille guard, magnaflow single exit exhaust, James Duff Trac bars, extang tri-fold tonneau cover, Explorer full length console and explorer over head console... I could go on and on here
Its a nice company. They can do restoration work or one-ups.
I would have to say, I'd have trouble choosing between that M35A2 custom and a M998.
If I were put in that situation. Smile

Nice, Ride!
Thats just right. Not too big & not too small, Has ground clearance and can haul.
Now if you can stick a small diesel engine in that type of frame.
You'd be set.

I prefer diesel over Gasoline.
I.E. Long term storage, Safer to store and transport.
and most will run on most Oil base fuels.

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - TurdFX4 - 10-07-2011

(10-07-2011, 03:20 AM)chazman21 Wrote: Nice, Ride!
Thats just right. Not too big & not too small, Has ground clearance and can haul.
Now if you can stick a small diesel engine in that type of frame.
You'd be set.

I prefer diesel over Gasoline.
I.E. Long term storage, Safer to store and transport.
and most will run on most Oil base fuels.

Thanks man. And a diesel swap can be done. The Cummins 4BT will fit with no modification to the frame and its a mostly mechanical engine, not a lot of electrical to it, the bigger 5.9 from the HD ram trucks has been put in rangers but not without stretching the frame at least 6"

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - chazman21 - 10-07-2011

Really! Nice.
I always like the Rangers, Even when they first came out.
When I was in school, I had a job at a Auto parts store. We had a fleet of Rangers with a 4 banger. Its was a blast to drive around in.
Then I learned the V6 came with a 4x4 option. I was set.

I like the sound of the Cummins 4BT. Mechanical Operation just makes it that much better! Big Grin

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - TurdFX4 - 10-09-2011

(10-07-2011, 03:51 AM)chazman21 Wrote: Really! Nice.
I always like the Rangers, Even when they first came out.
When I was in school, I had a job at a Auto parts store. We had a fleet of Rangers with a 4 banger. Its was a blast to drive around in.
Then I learned the V6 came with a 4x4 option. I was set.

I like the sound of the Cummins 4BT. Mechanical Operation just makes it that much better! Big Grin

The 4 cyl rangers were available in 4x4 up until '97. In '98, when they completely redesigned the front end and suspension, they opted the 4 cyl to only be available in 2wd platforms. The base model 4x4 rangers came with the 3.0 Vulcan V6 which is basically a turd. They were prone to head gasket failure with relatively low miles on them. The better V6 was the 4.0, which was OHV up until '01 when they switched to a SOHC V6 making almost 40 more horsepower. '01 and '02 were known to have an annoying timing chain rattle which was fixed for the 2003 model year, which is the year of my truck (thank god haha)

And yes, I am a complete nerd when it comes to rangers.

And my truck just won Truck of the Month on fordrangerforums.com in September and it was in the Reader's Rides section in the May '11 Issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel & Offroad

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - chazman21 - 10-10-2011

If your passionate about something. You go the extra mile.
I hear ya! Smile

RE: What type of vehicle would you use? - cobeezle - 10-27-2011

Just need to add some machete sheaths, and some PAZRT stickers

[Image: IMG_0621.jpg]

The explorer sitting in the background also. If it makes it to the ZA
[Image: IMG_0624.jpg]