Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Zombie Off road Response Vehicle/ B.O.V. - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Transportation & Communication (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Transportation-Communication)
+--- Thread: Zombie Off road Response Vehicle/ B.O.V. (/Thread-Zombie-Off-road-Response-Vehicle-B-O-V)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Zombie Off road Response Vehicle/ B.O.V. - AWS2111 - 03-19-2012

Finally got around to getting to this post and I had two thoughts reading through;
"Nice setup, getting the proper things done but needs a winch next"
Followed by;
"Love those 4.0's but surprise surprise, needs a rear main, that'll suck."

Glad to see both of those got handled. I had a Cherokee a while ago, never should have parted ways.

RE: Zombie Off road Response Vehicle/ B.O.V. - NJ Hooligan - 03-19-2012

I used to have a Bronco 2. I miss that truck bad. Looking at your picks, I think a cherokee build could be in my future. Good job.

RE: Zombie Off road Response Vehicle/ B.O.V. - Biohazed - 03-20-2012

(03-19-2012, 05:36 PM)AWS2111 Wrote: Finally got around to getting to this post and I had two thoughts reading through;
"Nice setup, getting the proper things done but needs a winch next"
Followed by;
"Love those 4.0's but surprise surprise, needs a rear main, that'll suck."

Glad to see both of those got handled. I had a Cherokee a while ago, never should have parted ways.

I am generally a GM person tbh, however this is my second Cherokee. First one was so rotted it was pointless to work on ... I was gonna get a Blazer however I picked a Cherokee as a B.O.V. for a few reasons:

-the 4.0L is a tough engine to kill as well as a AW4 Trans
-your not exposed like with a Wrangler .... (Roof and doors FTW)
-decent amount of space to haul stuff
-Modification parts as well as stock repair parts are generally inexpensive
-Solid Front Axle makes it a lot better in off-road conditions.

(03-19-2012, 09:33 PM)NJ Hooligan Wrote: I used to have a Bronco 2. I miss that truck bad. Looking at your picks, I think a cherokee build could be in my future. Good job.

Bronco II's are cool trucks .... don't see very many of them around anymore. Cherokee's are definalty a great truck to build up as they make so much different stuff for them.

RE: Zombie Off road Response Vehicle/ B.O.V. - bowtiefreak - 06-12-2012

I know I'm a few months late on this, but I didn't see it mentioned and as any gear head knows the project is never complete. Traction aids? Do you use a locker or limited slip? Your jeep is perfect for a rear locker and front limited slip or even some air lockers to avoid having to use that which.

RE: Zombie Off road Response Vehicle/ B.O.V. - The War Wagon - 09-13-2018

Yeah, yeah... "ZOMBIE" thread...  HEY!  If you can't have a "zombie" thread on PAZRT, where ELSE ya' gonna have one?!?!   Tongue 

Anywho...

[Image: BACK_zpshho6tzzn.jpg]  Got mah BABY back from Dave Gibbs shop (FORMERLY of Mt. Lebanon - NOW, in Mt. PLEASANT!  [Image: shocked.gif]) today.  It's been undriveable since Thanksgiving, and in the shop the past month, but she's back & ready to wheel (until NEXT year's tax refund - next summer is the rear disc brake conversion!)!

She's only been a work in progress since 2006.  Here's what I inherited.  [Image: shocked.gif][Image: shocked.gif][Image: shocked.gif]

[Image: badside_zps45968928.jpg]

And today (actually, summer 2016, before we trimmed that front bumper!)

[Image: 100_9418_zpsg2yiftss.jpg]

It's only been written up on about a dozen Dodge sites, but if you have any specific questions, toss 'em out.

It's a '92 - first year for the 318 Magnum, and quite possibly the worst BoV on the planet, with true dual Magnaflow glasspacks.  Here's hoping zeds are deaf!   Confused