Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Sector 7 Patches? - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: PAZRT Official News (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-PAZRT-Official-News)
+--- Forum: ZRT Merchandise (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Merchandise)
+--- Thread: Sector 7 Patches? (/Thread-Sector-7-Patches)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Sector 7 Patches? - ogar615 - 10-11-2011

(10-04-2011, 03:53 PM)The_Colonel Wrote: i don't see a problem with you doing it. my design was a combination of a couple other "borrowed" designs, so...

if you could though, give me a bit and I will remove the sector info from one of them and if you like them perhaps you could help me offload some more of these?

let me know, if they come out ok i can get rid of several for you. probably at least ten

RE: Sector 7 Patches? - Squamer - 11-04-2011

(10-01-2011, 11:50 AM)The_Colonel Wrote: Hey guys, thanks for the ideas and suggestions. I am slightly tweaking the design so that it looks better without the sector text on it. I am also looking for a new manufacturer so that I can try to cut overhead and speed up getting them. Since I have about 2/3 of my investment sitting in my PayPal account at the moment. As for the tabs, I will have to see about that kind of thing. The cost quotes for those were absurd.

I'll be revisiting the entire project and making it better. To the folks that wanted other sector specific patches, sorry I overestimated the likely-hood of people buying the ones they reserved.

I would have to agree with you. I had worked for organizations in the past where we have run into the same concerns along uniform requirements. (One parenting organization with several, geographicly distant divisions) The most cost effective solution for mass production found was to have general patch that could be used among all divisons. To have the individual divisions represented, we used embroidered nametapes on the left chest to designate this separation. This proved to be an economical solution to this problem as patches seem to get cheaper as the quanity requested rises and rocker style patches are god-awful expensive, especially for small production runs. Nametapes custom made, embroidered with velcro backing are very cheap and readily avalible at any quality uniform store.

My thought would be produce one standard patch for the entire PAZRT family and leave it to individual sectors to represent each divsion.

On patch layout, my vote would be for the 'Sector 3' style (with removal of sector 3 of course and replace perhaps with a slogan/logo-ish item) only due to the fact that it closly to the PSP patch and therefore present more of a authoritative appearance.

As far as the nametape idea...I'll shoot over to the uniform guy I use and see if I can get a few whipped up for demos.

....will advise.

RE: Sector 7 Patches? - rocketfoot - 11-04-2011

Yeah, I agree with you guys. I think we should go forward with a general patch design and I think The Colonel's should be it! We'll just have to modify it with the new logo and figure out something for the missing sector text. I still want to do a standard rocker tab that will work with other rockers. Not sure how they will look with the PSP style patch though.

RE: Sector 7 Patches? - kiltedguard - 11-04-2011

(11-04-2011, 12:16 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: Yeah, I agree with you guys. I think we should go forward with a general patch design and I think The Colonel's should be it! We'll just have to modify it with the new logo and figure out something for the missing sector text. I still want to do a standard rocker tab that will work with other rockers. Not sure how they will look with the PSP style patch though.

I have the old circular patch in green...I rather like it. I'll prolly have my "sector patch" just be a tab like they used to be. No offense Colonel.

RE: Sector 7 Patches? - rocketfoot - 11-04-2011

(11-04-2011, 01:12 PM)kiltedguard Wrote:
(11-04-2011, 12:16 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: Yeah, I agree with you guys. I think we should go forward with a general patch design and I think The Colonel's should be it! We'll just have to modify it with the new logo and figure out something for the missing sector text. I still want to do a standard rocker tab that will work with other rockers. Not sure how they will look with the PSP style patch though.

I have the old circular patch in green...I rather like it. I'll prolly have my "sector patch" just be a tab like they used to be. No offense Colonel.

Ok, I have a working design! I will start a new thread for discussion and approval...

As quoted, no offense to the Colonel! He did a great job on the sec3 patch and his design will carry on in the new patch design!

Stay tuned!

Here it is. A simple nametape with the sector designator on it. Velcro backing. $8.00 out the door. Thoughts?

[Image: IMG_1212.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1211.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1210.jpg]

RE: Sector 7 Patches? - andrewjs18 - 11-04-2011

(11-04-2011, 02:17 PM)Squamer Wrote: Here it is. A simple nametape with the sector designator on it. Velcro backing. $8.00 out the door. Thoughts?

[Image: IMG_1212.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1211.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1210.jpg]

they look pretty good. who did them, you?

(11-04-2011, 02:20 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:
(11-04-2011, 02:17 PM)Squamer Wrote: Here it is. A simple nametape with the sector designator on it. Velcro backing. $8.00 out the door. Thoughts?

they look pretty good. who did them, you?

Sadly no...a uniform store in the Northeast (Phila) that I have been dealing with for quite literally years. Good work and obviously fast service.

RE: Sector 7 Patches? - Biohazed - 03-01-2012

well I have an Idea .... why not just make a small tape patch that says Sector 7 or any other sector that can be placed underneath a PAZRT logo patch?

RE: Sector 7 Patches? - sapper - 03-27-2012

How do I go by getting a sticker for my truck window I seen one the other day and now I want to get my own