Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Zulu Romeo Tango (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Zulu-Romeo-Tango)
+--- Thread: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival (/Thread-The-10-Commandments-of-Zombie-Survival)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - CommonHighrise - 10-13-2009

(10-13-2009, 04:04 PM)jackofallfrags Wrote: I think staying off of second floors of anything. You would have to fight to the first floor or jump out a window and probaly break your legs

Hmm, not really a hard and fast rule, as there are many situations where I would rather be on upper floors of buildings, especially if the paths up from the first floor can be blocked off or destroyed.

Though, staying out of highrise buildings might be a good general rule.

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - ZachOmega - 10-13-2009

Nah, they make those roll up ladders. Plus, for as hard as it is to get down, it is twice as hard to fight an uphill battle.

I'd rather be on a 2nd floor than a basement. If the zeds surround the basement, you are boned.

-Zach

(10-13-2009, 04:04 PM)jackofallfrags Wrote: I think staying off of second floors of anything. You would have to fight to the first floor or jump out a window and probaly break your legs

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - Asmodeus6 - 10-13-2009

(10-13-2009, 09:48 PM)ZachOmega Wrote: Nah, they make those roll up ladders. Plus, for as hard as it is to get down, it is twice as hard to fight an uphill battle.

I'd rather be on a 2nd floor than a basement. If the zeds surround the basement, you are boned.

-Zach

Absolutely agree. I WILL very much jump out of a second story window before you find me running to a basement. And no, a second story fall doesn't break your legs if you don't have 300lbs of gear on. Especially if you roll out of the window and kind of slow your descent by half hanging on to the bottom of the window.

It's not my hobby, but I've jumped down from a few roofs and out of a few windows. It can be done much easier than fighting your way out of a complete - no where to go - trapped scenario.

I'd love to keep my dog, but he's too big and loud. He'd bark at every damn noise. And possibly even go after a zombie. If dogs were IMMUNE to the outbreak. That's OK. Sort of... (They could still bring zombie fluids back... ick...) But more likely is that mans best friend is going to be a terror on 4 legs AKA resident evil style. With how strong and fast they already are... remove the pain boundary... and you have a serious problem on your hands.

Maybe they would be useful in a fortified position. But you'd probably have so many strangers coming and going... it could present it's own problems.

As much as it pains me... I think dogs are out. Maybe in remote areas. But all it takes is for your dog to take down a zombie and maybe get a little too freaked out and bite someone who isn't. Now you have to shoot a dog, and a human.

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - ZachOmega - 10-13-2009

Good point about dogs bringing back fluids.

Also a good point about jumping off of roofs or 2nd floors. When I was in like 3rd or 4th grade, I recall them showing us the correct way to "fall" or rather jump from high places and it definitely involved rolling when you hit the ground. I wonder if there is any youtube information on this sort of thing.

-Zach

(10-13-2009, 11:14 PM)Asmodeus6 Wrote:
(10-13-2009, 09:48 PM)ZachOmega Wrote: Nah, they make those roll up ladders. Plus, for as hard as it is to get down, it is twice as hard to fight an uphill battle.

-Zach

Absolutely agree. I WILL very much jump out of a second story window before you find me running to a basement. And no, a second story fall doesn't break your legs if you don't have 300lbs of gear on. Especially if you roll out of the window and kind of slow your descent by half hanging on to the bottom of the window.

It's not my hobby, but I've jumped down from a few roofs and out of a few windows. It can be done much easier than fighting your way out of a complete - no where to go - trapped scenario.

I'd love to keep my dog, but he's too big and loud. He'd bark at every damn noise. And possibly even go after a zombie. If dogs were IMMUNE to the outbreak. That's OK. Sort of... (They could still bring zombie fluids back... ick...) But more likely is that mans best friend is going to be a terror on 4 legs AKA resident evil style. With how strong and fast they already are... remove the pain boundary... and you have a serious problem on your hands.

Maybe they would be useful in a fortified position. But you'd probably have so many strangers coming and going... it could present it's own problems.

As much as it pains me... I think dogs are out. Maybe in remote areas. But all it takes is for your dog to take down a zombie and maybe get a little too freaked out and bite someone who isn't. Now you have to shoot a dog, and a human.

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - YukonDon - 10-14-2009

On the dogs issue..... In WWII the Marines had a Canine group that was amazing. The various breed dogs were trained to never bark, always aid their handler, and do all kinds of stuff based on hand signal alone.
Pretty cool, but next to impossible to prepare for a zombocalypse scenario.

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - ZachOmega - 10-14-2009

Another interesting tidbit about WW2 and dogs...Look up "dog mines". The Russians trained dogs to eat under tanks. Pavlovian training. Then they strapped crude explosives onto the dogs with a stick as a trigger. When the dog would run under a tank, the stick would hit the bottom of the tank and explode. Supposedly this didn't work too well as the Germans smelled nothing like the Russians and the dogs were mostly confused. Additionally, the Germans quickly learned to shoot all dogs. They said the effect was unnerving psychologically however.

That gets me thinking...why not have one of those bomb disposal robots do some of the zombie fighting? They have cameras...Or they could be used as a decoy. Make lots of noise and draw the zombies away.

-Zach

(10-14-2009, 01:11 PM)YukonDon Wrote: On the dogs issue..... In WWII the Marines had a Canine group that was amazing. The various breed dogs were trained to never bark, always aid their handler, and do all kinds of stuff based on hand signal alone.
Pretty cool, but next to impossible to prepare for a zombocalypse scenario.

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - CommonHighrise - 10-14-2009

Launching a new canine/ZPAW thread, as I dont want to split this one too far off topic.