Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Zulu Romeo Tango (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Zulu-Romeo-Tango)
+--- Thread: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival (/Thread-The-10-Commandments-of-Zombie-Survival)

Pages: 1 2

The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - CommonHighrise - 10-08-2009

1. Destroy the brain, destroy the brain, destroy the brain.
2. Don't burn them to kill them, it'll just make them smell bad.
3. Rescue will never come, they're too busy trying to not die, so should you be.
4. Go nowhere without a weapon, a light, and a buddy.
5. Guns may need reloading, but they keep you decidedly outside the bite range.
6. Trust no one, help who you can, try to get along.
7. Light and fast beats armored and slow, unless that armor is a tank.
8. Avoid tall grass, murky water, and enclosed spaces.
9. Zombies are patient and determined, so should you.
10. Don't ever, ever, be 'that guy/gal'.

Please feel free to amend or edit as you see fit. If we can get a solid list we all can agree on, might give Rocketfoot something to put on the next series of Tshirts, or something for the back of the card/pamphlets.

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - Asmodeus6 - 10-08-2009

After going to the baddest haunted house in Pittsburgh (scare house) tonight... I cannot second "NO ENCLOSED SPACES" enough. I went for fun, but tried to anticipate where they would be coming from for fun. Think of it like a totally unfair situational awareness test.

You would die die die, even if you went in there with 100 armed men. You can't see, can't move, and have no idea where they will be coming from. The smaller the enclosed space is, the more dangerous it is.

The darker and more cluttered the enclosed space is, the more dangerous it is.

NO ENCLOSED SPACES. You will DIE. I can almost guarantee it!

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - CommonHighrise - 10-09-2009

(10-08-2009, 11:42 PM)Asmodeus6 Wrote: You would die die die, even if you went in there with 100 armed men. You can't see, can't move, and have no idea where they will be coming from. The smaller the enclosed space is, the more dangerous it is.

Wonder if they would be willing to let some ZRT members go through on a 'clearing exercise'. No weapons, just handheld flashlights. Shine a light on a baddy, they're considered 'down'. Just thinking out loud...

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - ZachOmega - 10-09-2009

Lets not forget avoid drawing attention to yourself (lights...noise).

And don't fight amongst each other (save the fighting for the zombies). People tend to get really frustrated with each other quickly if they are confined together 24/7. This also necessitates having some form of entertainment to keep from going mad.

-Zach

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - Asmodeus6 - 10-12-2009

(10-09-2009, 10:38 AM)CommonHighrise Wrote:
(10-08-2009, 11:42 PM)Asmodeus6 Wrote: You would die die die, even if you went in there with 100 armed men. You can't see, can't move, and have no idea where they will be coming from. The smaller the enclosed space is, the more dangerous it is.

Wonder if they would be willing to let some ZRT members go through on a 'clearing exercise'. No weapons, just handheld flashlights. Shine a light on a baddy, they're considered 'down'. Just thinking out loud...

Good lord would that be a serious challenge for even the best of us. Their zombie (feel bad I couldn't 'kill him'.) was the best zombie I have even seen in real life. I really wanted to kill this MF. I even told him - he was lucky I was off duty ZRT. Or he'd be real damn dead... er. I ALMOST said lucky I don't have my AR 15... but caught myself and chose not to make any weapon references. Tickets weren't cheap. Never know how it will go over.

My guess is even if we all went through, not a single one of us would make it through the whole house alive. They have upwards of 30 jump outs hidden in walls and under things. Fake people and real people. Many of which are so good at motionless... you'd swear they were dolls or dead, then WHAM they are on you the second you turn around. And no, you still get it going through push through passages and places there is zero visibility. They are on you the whole time.

At one point I actually had to knock on the trap door of which some beastie just popped out and shortened my life by 5 years and ASK where do we go it was SO dark. It was by FEEL.

AKA royally effed.

I wish we could go and have them play tag with us. They touch you - you're dead. You shine them, they're dead.

But they are SOOOO busy it would never fly.
I challenge anyone who thinks they are a tacticool badass to go there and not get caught unaware at least 5-10 times... you will. They are good.

(10-09-2009, 12:51 PM)ZachOmega Wrote: Lets not forget avoid drawing attention to yourself (lights...noise).

And don't fight amongst each other (save the fighting for the zombies). People tend to get really frustrated with each other quickly if they are confined together 24/7. This also necessitates having some form of entertainment to keep from going mad.

-Zach

Killing zombies IS entertainment... I dunno about you... I really like shooting stuff. As long as I could do that. I'd be good. Maybe still have a way to rock a mp3 player or something would be nice. But shooting zombies is entertainment.

I play well with others. As long as people play mostly fair and watch my back, I got yours regardless of small stuff when the bullets start flying.

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - YllwFvr - 10-12-2009

Yeah we'd drive each other nuts. I might have said already but cheaper than dirt has a solar and crank powered radio(also runs on batteries, DC/AC) that will charge things like iPods and two way radios. I think it scans other bands too like CB and such. $50. Worth it just to keep yourself in music wether it be radio(likely to go down soon) or MP3s.

That haunted house sounds great. I've been to one that sounds similair. It was actually scary and your right, you'd never make it through even with a group. They'd pick you off and you'd be zombie bait in no time. I dunno what you paid but this one was well worth the cash. Lines sucked though.

I think we'd be pretty well in trouble if zombies came. If they ran though... Save the last round for yourself.

The worst part about small spaces is getting supplies. You will have to out yourself in those situations. Ever see I Am Legend? When he goes apartment hunting for food and such? Wow would that be bad. And those infected were photo sensitive. I doubt we would be so lucky. You'd need to wear some pretty bite proof clothing.

I wonder if a dog would work out??? Dogs can be trained to smell even cancer, I bet they could be trained to sniff out zombies. What an idea!

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - ZachOmega - 10-12-2009

Once again, the dog would need to be well trained as not to draw attention to you and itself. I'm sure even a dog would look like a tasty meal for a starving zombie.

As for the hand cranked generator, that seems like a must have...Renewable power is essential for long periods of time.

I wonder if having some sort of basic two way radio/transmitter would be useful or hurtful - Think I am Legend...but then think Resident Evil 3. This goes back to trust no one help everyone. Do you extend yourself like that?

-Zach

(10-12-2009, 09:19 PM)YllwFvr Wrote: Yeah we'd drive each other nuts. I might have said already but cheaper than dirt has a solar and crank powered radio(also runs on batteries, DC/AC) that will charge things like iPods and two way radios. I think it scans other bands too like CB and such. $50. Worth it just to keep yourself in music wether it be radio(likely to go down soon) or MP3s.

That haunted house sounds great. I've been to one that sounds similair. It was actually scary and your right, you'd never make it through even with a group. They'd pick you off and you'd be zombie bait in no time. I dunno what you paid but this one was well worth the cash. Lines sucked though.

I think we'd be pretty well in trouble if zombies came. If they ran though... Save the last round for yourself.

The worst part about small spaces is getting supplies. You will have to out yourself in those situations. Ever see I Am Legend? When he goes apartment hunting for food and such? Wow would that be bad. And those infected were photo sensitive. I doubt we would be so lucky. You'd need to wear some pretty bite proof clothing.

I wonder if a dog would work out??? Dogs can be trained to smell even cancer, I bet they could be trained to sniff out zombies. What an idea!

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - YllwFvr - 10-13-2009

(10-12-2009, 11:54 PM)ZachOmega Wrote: Once again, the dog would need to be well trained as not to draw attention to you and itself. I'm sure even a dog would look like a tasty meal for a starving zombie.

I wonder if having some sort of basic two way radio/transmitter would be useful or hurtful - Think I am Legend...but then think Resident Evil 3. This goes back to trust no one help everyone. Do you extend yourself like that?

-Zach

Dont most movi- I mean documentaries, the animals at ignored in favor of going after humans? Except for maybe 28 days later, they actually starved. I don't remember it showing them going after anything but people. Hard to say.
I can agree it would have to be taught to keep quiet. Easily agree with that. I haven't a clue how to train dogs beyond not pissing on the floor.

I'm not sure I remember res evil 3. Mind refreshing my memory?? I would imagine that CBs would work good for vehicles, then for personal interaction short range GMRS radios would be great. I'm talking the old radioshack kind that boasted a 5 mile range and actually got one mile.
The newer ones claim 30 or so. If they even got a quarter of that I'd be worried about people dropping eaves and/or triangulating your position.

So have we finalized these at all? I have hats and patches but no shirt yet and this sounds cool. [/b]

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - ZachOmega - 10-13-2009

In the beginning scene of Resident Evil 3, the one woman (I'm terrible with names - especially those of fictitious characters) is listening to a CB and hears a call from people holed up in a former radio station or something like that...they are requesting help and food.

Here it turns out they lure people in, rob them, and then feed them to those zombie dogs.

-Zach

(10-13-2009, 12:18 AM)YllwFvr Wrote: I'm not sure I remember res evil 3. Mind refreshing my memory?? I would imagine that CBs would work good for vehicles, then for personal interaction short range GMRS radios would be great. I'm talking the old radioshack kind that boasted a 5 mile range and actually got one mile.
The newer ones claim 30 or so. If they even got a quarter of that I'd be worried about people dropping eaves and/or triangulating your position.

RE: The 10 Commandments of Zombie Survival - CommonHighrise - 10-13-2009

(10-13-2009, 01:23 AM)ZachOmega Wrote: Here it turns out they lure people in, rob them, and then feed them to those zombie dogs.

See numbers 4 and 6. She trusted them, and went in alone. I'd have no issue responding to a distress call, but not just running in blind. If people say they are pinned down by zack, but when you get there, you see no horde, that's a huge red flag.

Of course, secure perimeters, overwatch, and an entry team are luxuries limited to a larger group. For the lone survivor, I think if the situation sounds risky at all, don't do it. You can help the most people by getting yourself to a secure location, getting a team together, and helping to coordinate any rescue attempts.