Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Zombie-specific Armor - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Zulu Romeo Tango (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Zulu-Romeo-Tango)
+--- Thread: Zombie-specific Armor (/Thread-Zombie-specific-Armor)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Zombie-specific Armor - ZombieDon - 04-02-2011

I guess if they weren't assless, they would just be leather pants.

RE: Zombie-specific Armor - bmonkey - 04-02-2011

That is correct if they arn't assless they are just pants. so you either were pants or you were chaps or some people where chaps over pants. but none the less they are still chaps.

And chicago ted 90% is custom work but we also do standard bracers and some other stuff. But everything we do is hand made and isnt made anywhere else it is made by one a few people and they are close friends,

RE: Zombie-specific Armor - Anon2014 - 04-04-2011

LMAO !!!! good one

With modern body armor being what it is how did we digress back to the middle ages looking into armor? lol This kind of reminds me of Monty Pythons "Holy Grail". Next we'll be having discussions of Catapult building lmao Big Grin

RE: Zombie-specific Armor - YukonDon - 04-04-2011

(04-04-2011, 10:36 AM)Anon2014 Wrote: With modern body armor being what it is how did we digress back to the middle ages looking into armor? lol This kind of reminds me of Monty Pythons "Holy Grail". Next we'll be having discussions of Catapult building lmao Big Grin

I'm thinking we could use cows as ammo for the catapult....

YukonDon;
In response to your cows as ammo lmao Big Grin

(04-04-2011, 11:09 AM)YukonDon Wrote:
(04-04-2011, 10:36 AM)Anon2014 Wrote: With modern body armor being what it is how did we digress back to the middle ages looking into armor? lol This kind of reminds me of Monty Pythons "Holy Grail". Next we'll be having discussions of Catapult building lmao Big Grin

I'm thinking we could use cows as ammo for the catapult....

RE: Zombie-specific Armor - cammerhammer - 04-04-2011

(04-04-2011, 10:36 AM)Anon2014 Wrote: LMAO !!!! good one

With modern body armor being what it is how did we digress back to the middle ages looking into armor? lol This kind of reminds me of Monty Pythons "Holy Grail". Next we'll be having discussions of Catapult building lmao Big Grin

Hey, I'm just thinking that you may possibly have to improvise when t+2 years or so after Z-day all your Kevlar has been trashed by zombies/raiders/nutty survivors and you can't find replacements for it, you will have to improvise. It's good to have an armor that you can recreate on your own without a manufacturing plant.

What is your name? What is your quest? What is the average air velocity of an unladen sparrow?

A valid point Cammer. My name= Anon, Quest= Rid the world of zombies, Air speed velocity= Ahh you neglected to mention which it was an African or European swallow lmao Big Grin

[/quote]

Hey, I'm just thinking that you may possibly have to improvise when t+2 years or so after Z-day all your Kevlar has been trashed by zombies/raiders/nutty survivors and you can't find replacements for it, you will have to improvise. It's good to have an armor that you can recreate on your own without a manufacturing plant.

What is your name? What is your quest? What is the average air velocity of an unladen sparrow?
[/quote]

RE: Zombie-specific Armor - Chicago Ted - 04-04-2011

(04-04-2011, 10:36 AM)Anon2014 Wrote: LMAO !!!! good one

Have you worn modern armor? I'm curious because in my opinion modern armor is cumbersome compared to leather. A kevlar body suit would render anyone combat ineffective with 60+ pounds of BOB.

Protecting vital organs with kevlar is a must in the zpoc. Raiders and anyone with a gun will be your enemy.

Shot in your trigger arm? That's why we practice action arm shooting.

RE: Zombie-specific Armor - sgt_geist - 04-04-2011

So the other option could be hand made armor. I hate to say this but, the 2 bank robbers from hollywood who had a shootout with the police actually made their own armor. They pieced kevlar together and sewed it into clothing. I am only mentioning this as a resort to stop biting or teeth penetration. **** In no way do I condone doing this to rob a bank**** I just wanted to make that VERY clear! It would be lightweight, flexible and give zombie zombie protection. What are your thoughts on this?

RE: Zombie-specific Armor - Anon2014 - 04-05-2011

Chicago;

No I have never worn modern armor only kevlar helmet and vests but then again I have never fought Zombie's either Wink . An I don't have to be bit by a rattle snake to know that it's poisonous. Besides only a bomb disposal unit member would wear a full Kevlar body suit. I do know Kevlar is heavy in quality vest's adding ballistic plating/ceramic plating only makes it heavier by some 16-17lbs in some vests.

Most of all I agree with all of you in that practice and familiarity with your weapons and gear for everyone until things become second nature All have valid points but some times you just need to be able to sit back and laugh at yourself and not take things so seriously at times. Just my two cents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you worn modern armor? I'm curious because in my opinion modern armor is cumbersome compared to leather. A kevlar body suit would render anyone combat ineffective with 60+ pounds of BOB.

Protecting vital organs with kevlar is a must in the zpoc. Raiders and anyone with a gun will be your enemy.

Shot in your trigger arm? That's why we practice action arm shooting.