Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Politics)
+--- Thread: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... (/Thread-Police-no-longer-coming-to-burglary-calls)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - Nhrafan26 - 08-25-2010

Just another reason to make sure you can cover your own ass...
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-08-25-1Anresponsecops25_ST_N.htm

Budget cuts are forcing police around the country to stop responding to fraud, burglary and theft calls as officers focus limited resources on violent crime.

Cutbacks in such places as Oakland, Tulsa and Norton, Mass. have forced police to tell residents to file their own reports — online or in writing — for break-ins and other lesser crimes.

"If you come home to find your house burglarized and you call, we're not coming," said Oakland Police spokeswoman Holly Joshi. The city laid off 80 officers from its force of 687 last month and the department can't respond to burglary, vandalism, and identity theft. "It's amazing. It's a big change for us."

RE: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - Michele - 08-25-2010

I can file my own report and that will be good enough for my insurance company to pay me? Yeah, go me!

I guess I better get the coroner on speed dial too. Being I have to take care of my own personal safety and write my own report, I might as well be responsible for the clean up too! Do I have the authority to read the Miranda rights too if cleanup is not needed?

Well, I guess I won't be dialing 911 either if I'm involved in a car accident. My insurance company will just pay me! Yeah, go me!

Judge Judy is going to be one busy woman!

What a crock of shit!

RE: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - andrewjs18 - 08-25-2010

get armed people...we need it.

RE: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - nepawolf - 08-25-2010

Castle doctrine all around! Less paperwork and criminals.Big Grin

RE: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - vjf915 - 08-25-2010

I'm not terribly upset about this. This just gives citizens more of a responsibility to protect themselves. It also means that there will likely be less repercussions on those who protect their home. If its taken to court, the defense is "Well your honor, I couldnt call the police.....had to do something."

I really dont think this is HOW we should be moving responsibility onto the criminals for their actions, but in this case to me the ends DO justify the means.

RE: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - chazman21 - 08-25-2010

I guess you can kiss good bye those parking tickets too.

What a crock of shit that report is.
Next they will report, Police could have the resources to start coming to burglary calls if were vote DEMs at the end of the year.

Then I guess they don't need as much money know since there are less police.

RE: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - pirateron - 08-25-2010

I don't know. Back in the mid 90's I went to Chicago and my car was stolen. I called the police, who filled out a report over the phone and told me "if it turns up, let us know." They didn't even send a car out. My insurance accepted the claim with no problems.

RE: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - redeye202 - 08-26-2010

Wait till people start getting their new insurance bills,just think of the rate hikes.

RE: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - nepawolf - 08-26-2010

(08-26-2010, 07:44 AM)redeye202 Wrote: Wait till people start getting their new insurance bills,just think of the rate hikes.

Yeah, but you won't have to worry about getting a ticket for not having it.Big Grin

RE: Police no longer coming to burglary calls... - TXDMERC73 - 08-26-2010

sounds good, i can take matters into my own hands and call after i gunned down the burglar that broke into my house.

i really dont know why cops wont respond to this what if someones life is in danger and they still wont respond to a break in?

well the burglar can enter my home at his own risk.....

wonder if i can intervene if i see someone trying to steal my truck?