Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
SEC-4 meeting spot - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Sectors and Regional Chapters (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sectors-and-Regional-Chapters)
+--- Forum: Pennsylvania ZRT Sectors (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Pennsylvania-ZRT-Sectors)
+---- Forum: Sector 4 (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sector-4)
+---- Thread: SEC-4 meeting spot (/Thread-SEC-4-meeting-spot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - andrewjs18 - 04-15-2010

(04-15-2010, 06:58 PM)pirateron Wrote: the only good thing about being in/near a city when the zombiepocolypse occurs is that there are plenty of gun shops to get anything you may want but not have.

problem with the city is that it's generally very populated making it harder to stay alive if SHTF, IMHO.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - nepawolf - 04-15-2010

(04-15-2010, 08:26 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:
(04-15-2010, 06:58 PM)pirateron Wrote: the only good thing about being in/near a city when the zombiepocolypse occurs is that there are plenty of gun shops to get anything you may want but not have.

problem with the city is that it's generally very populated making it harder to stay alive if SHTF, IMHO.

And more people to compete with when looting.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - nepawolf - 05-03-2010

(05-03-2010, 02:01 AM)CntByWhtIWntCuzItFre Wrote: I just found this site and haven't been on for more than a few minutes. you guys got some pretty decent ideas. Any suggestions for me? I Live in Butler and my house is 100+ years old. No way of holding back any sort of direct attack. The city is full of old buildings and tons of churches but there isn't any real particularly good place to take as shelter or an offensive position at. At least none that any of my friends or I have found...any suggestions?

Church steeple. Block the stairs thoroughly and tie off a rope long enough to drop out and slide out if it gets too hot and heavy inside. It tends to be a good generic hold off spot in a pinch for a small group. On the plus side, you can go to the bathroom out the side and not have to deal with as much sanitary issues.

(05-03-2010, 02:14 AM)CntByWhtIWntCuzItFre Wrote: very good point with the bathroom thing. Ive considered the churches since there are idk at least 15-20 around. My only concern with it though was the possibility of isolating myself and becoming trapped and/or surrounded along with limited space for supplies.

Well, short of knowing someone with a place in the sticks, you're not going to have many options in urban areas. The rope to bug out from the steeple will help you from getting stuck in there. Yes, there will be a limited space for supplies, but if it has the spiral staircase style then you can block off lower so you have storage space. Any urban or suburban environment will leave you isolated in a zombie outbreak situation. If they're biologic, they will starve out eventually. In populated areas they will quickly turn or eat all of the people who don't get out. This will leave them to starve out sooner. Yes, at first it will be harsh, but should get better.

On the plus side, steeples are often ignored, so supplies could possibly be stored ahead of time: ammo, food and water, (try not to store guns there). You might be able to find a priest to talk into an agreement for this, but it will take some feeling out.

(05-03-2010, 03:36 AM)CntByWhtIWntCuzItFre Wrote: .......I am just hoping more people will get smart and prepare.

One can only hope. The fact that roughly one quarter of the population of Pa owns guns gives us much better odds on survival.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - 7.62 Monster - 05-03-2010

(01-07-2010, 09:36 AM)larry0071 Wrote: Not sure what PMSC is exactly, but any of ya are welcome to come up RT 65 from the burgh 21 miles North, or come up 279N to 79 North to the Cranberry Twp exit and I'm not too far from there.... but not too close that the ZEDS from Cranberry are an immediate issue.

I figiure that in a Crap splatter or end of the world situation, for at least a few weeks while things get into a real schedule and natural leaders surface to provide order and direction... I could house 40-60 folks (men, women, children) in a somewhat secure area. My personal first step would be taking some of my 2" steel tube and build a cage to get bolted into the brick around the 2 large plate glass windows. After that, I might think of a cage to bolt onto the brick outside of the Alluminum door. That would make the ground level impervious to ZEDS unless they can eat through bricks or climb to the 2nd floor windows.

The following is a Google Sat image of my home and surrounding area. You will notice that the hordes will need to travel in, I am not setting in a large grouping of humans. I am within a short drive to major humans, Cranberry Twp is only a 12-15 min car ride away.

This is easy to get to, and easy to escape from.

I was able to pinpoint your location on google and I'm only 35 minutes away. I'll be heading your way if the SHTF. I got lots of food, guns and ammo I'll be bringing.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - 7.62 Monster - 07-02-2010

(02-23-2009, 11:44 PM)Skuggi Wrote: Problem with PMSC, too many damn woods, don't want anything surrounding us without being able to see, there is a possibility of fast moving zombies that are stealthy. I'd rather have something with a clear LOS for a good bit around, being flanked by z's in the woods would be bad.

WOW Skuggi lives...you haven't posted over on Poofa in years. Glad to see you're still around.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - mdesimo514 - 07-28-2010

in or near a city center is bad news. back country open fields would be ideal. clear LOC and limited access to large populations is best case scenario

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - AWS2111 - 11-04-2010

I agree getting to a BOL in a convoy is a good idea, however having the whole sector meet up to move doesn't make much sense. Some people may wind up double backing on themselves and that's not a good idea. I think the BOL needs to being figured out first. Then depending on it's proximity to certain members we decide who convoys with who. For example, the south hills has about 6 of us, we would all meet up, along the way we might meet up with other small convoys, however it should be designed that each convoy operate independent of one another. Too large a convoy can cause problems as well and can't move as well. We can also consider BOLs in sectors 1,2 and 5 in the regions close to us. Ohio and WV as well.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - rthrasher2 - 12-27-2010

(11-04-2010, 11:45 PM)AWS2111 Wrote: I agree getting to a BOL in a convoy is a good idea, however having the whole sector meet up to move doesn't make much sense. Some people may wind up double backing on themselves and that's not a good idea. I think the BOL needs to being figured out first. Then depending on it's proximity to certain members we decide who convoys with who. For example, the south hills has about 6 of us, we would all meet up, along the way we might meet up with other small convoys, however it should be designed that each convoy operate independent of one another. Too large a convoy can cause problems as well and can't move as well. We can also consider BOLs in sectors 1,2 and 5 in the regions close to us. Ohio and WV as well.

we could break each sector into quadrents. the people in each quadrent meet up some place central and safe. anyone in that quadrent that has the optimal bug-in location capable of supporting that many extra people, should become the BOL, from then on known as the quadrent base (ie. sec 4 base 2). from there each base takes stock of weapons, ammo, food, fighters, fuel, their situation, etc. contacts the other bases in that sector to trade info. then make a descision on the need and safety of moving and/or comming together.