Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
SEC-4 meeting spot - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Sectors and Regional Chapters (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sectors-and-Regional-Chapters)
+--- Forum: Pennsylvania ZRT Sectors (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Pennsylvania-ZRT-Sectors)
+---- Forum: Sector 4 (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sector-4)
+---- Thread: SEC-4 meeting spot (/Thread-SEC-4-meeting-spot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: SEC-4 meeting spot - Ac1d - 07-10-2009

I'm going to be sitting on my ass in my house as well.
A couple weak points mainly glass doors, but those can be bricked up with ease.
The rest of the house is brick/concrete, The stairs can be taken down fairly easy in case the house is compromised.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - redhawk - 01-06-2010

I vote for PMSC as a sector 4 meeting point for those of us who's houses are not fit to stop a zombie onslaught. Strength in numbers.....

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - larry0071 - 01-07-2010

Not sure what PMSC is exactly, but any of ya are welcome to come up RT 65 from the burgh 21 miles North, or come up 279N to 79 North to the Cranberry Twp exit and I'm not too far from there.... but not too close that the ZEDS from Cranberry are an immediate issue.

I figiure that in a Crap splatter or end of the world situation, for at least a few weeks while things get into a real schedule and natural leaders surface to provide order and direction... I could house 40-60 folks (men, women, children) in a somewhat secure area. My personal first step would be taking some of my 2" steel tube and build a cage to get bolted into the brick around the 2 large plate glass windows. After that, I might think of a cage to bolt onto the brick outside of the Alluminum door. That would make the ground level impervious to ZEDS unless they can eat through bricks or climb to the 2nd floor windows.

The following is a Google Sat image of my home and surrounding area. You will notice that the hordes will need to travel in, I am not setting in a large grouping of humans. I am within a short drive to major humans, Cranberry Twp is only a 12-15 min car ride away.

This is easy to get to, and easy to escape from.

[Image: SatelliteHome.jpg]

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - redhawk - 01-07-2010

PMSC is Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsman's Club. It is a gun club located in a fairly remote area on lots of property with a ton of members.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - larry0071 - 01-07-2010

Yea, um....

I just pulled that address up on Google Maps and went to sat view, and I have to say.... Give me a call and let me know how that all works out for you! Shoot man, your burried in population! Be it Zeds, infections, or infrastructure break down.... you will have masses and masses of bodies around you in all directions. The only less populated path out is a route going to the North East, and even that is not the best odds of anyone making it without serious confrontations.

My goal would be to get the heck out of that situation/area as step one. Get to a place that does not put you into that situation that leaves locked in. I'll be chilling alone up here where my next step would be getting North to get even further away from the population of the Burgh and it's suburbs. If ya go to that place, your doomed. I can see why there is a strong liking towards it, it is an island of woodland area in a sea of houses and towns around it. To you city/town folks that is like a natural preserve you can escape to. To me, that is a death wish.

Zoom out on google fromwhere the scal of miles first goes from 1-mile scale to the 2-mile scale and look around. You will begin to see that your only way of escape would be towards Murrysville, but there are a lot of small towns even that direction. So as folks run out of supplies at your location and are forced to venture out for more required items, you will find massive amounts of street gangs/zeds/infected waiting for you with open arms. I'm considering the fact that one day in our lives, we may need to get low and stay low for longer periods of time. If it were a storm or something and you needed that place to meet and chill in for a week or two... maybe it could work out. If you need to survive months or years.... Your screwed.

No doubt that we all have our reasons, but I will absolutely not drive INTO population to meet up with folks. I would expect those living in the larger populated areas to bug out to escape that problem.

Now, all that being said... I also accept that the population being larger there will likely result in more ZRT members in the nearby area and the desire to hit that point initially as a meeting place so that a caravan can be established to let you bug out in a larger group with enhanced security. In that case, head North! I'll be waiting for you.

Take a look at this map, and maybe you will get an idea of what I am thinking. I see raod gangs made of men with starving families and no where to turn. They will kill to get food/supplies, and your little cove is setting in the middle of a massive and huge number of starving folks that are at the end of the roap... willing to do anything to survive. You absolutely will need to travel out to "shop".... or gather supplies for your own folks. You may be able to hold off the street gangs for a while, but the gangs will get larger and smarter as well as better armed and more willing to risk it all. You will not last long. You MUST escape, otherwise you are like the rat in the snakes cage.

[Image: PitcairnMonroevilleSportsmansClub.jpg]

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - redhawk - 01-08-2010

Larry,

Well put, and well thought out post. You make some great points. I guess I would see the PMSC as a starting point for a caravan of local ZRT folk. IMO we would have a better chance bugging out to another destination in a convoy, rather than individually.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - sandbagger - 02-15-2010

We are downtown.....across the river from the baseball stadium....we're high up with 180 degree visability....will give me a heads up and we can provide cover.....then come and meet up!!!

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - kevindsingleton - 03-02-2010

I'll be heading to my place in northwest Beaver County. No way will I stay close to the city; too many potentially infected people, too much traffic. We have enough room to house a small group, enough forest to provide cover to set up watchposts, and plenty of open land around to allow for some warning of an impending invasion. Plus, I have a major handgun ammo supplier right around the corner, and I know he'll be prepared!

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - 7.62 Monster - 04-12-2010

I want to be at 100 miles away from Pittsburgh or any medium size city.

RE: SEC-4 meeting spot - pirateron - 04-15-2010

the only good thing about being in/near a city when the zombiepocolypse occurs is that there are plenty of gun shops to get anything you may want but not have.