Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Bug out suggestions - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Sectors and Regional Chapters (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sectors-and-Regional-Chapters)
+--- Forum: Pennsylvania ZRT Sectors (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Pennsylvania-ZRT-Sectors)
+---- Forum: Sector 3 (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sector-3)
+---- Thread: Bug out suggestions (/Thread-Bug-out-suggestions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Bug out suggestions - WTFD1001 - 12-11-2011

Hey guys, im brand new here but joined after reading this. I have an idea to shoot at ya. Down at the I-80/309 interchange there is an industrial park, the Candoo corporate center. I work back there and our building seems good to me. Its a large building with only windows the the small office section, 95% of it is a cinderblock walled warehouse. No windows and only 4 entrances from the outside. 2 being locked fire doors (also alarmed). Two bay door side by side are about 4 feet from ground lever and easily blocked, and then the main entrance door front the ouside. All you would have to do is barricade the two fire doors, the front office door and the single door into the warehouse, no roof access at all though. But there are NO windows and is a small area, not traveled much.

RE: Bug out suggestions - IceHawk - 12-11-2011

(12-11-2011, 05:49 PM)WTFD1001 Wrote: Hey guys, im brand new here but joined after reading this. I have an idea to shoot at ya. Down at the I-80/309 interchange there is an industrial park, the Candoo corporate center. I work back there and our building seems good to me. Its a large building with only windows the the small office section, 95% of it is a cinderblock walled warehouse. No windows and only 4 entrances from the outside. 2 being locked fire doors (also alarmed). Two bay door side by side are about 4 feet from ground lever and easily blocked, and then the main entrance door front the ouside. All you would have to do is barricade the two fire doors, the front office door and the single door into the warehouse, no roof access at all though. But there are NO windows and is a small area, not traveled much.

Sawzalls make roof access points :-)

RE: Bug out suggestions - The_Colonel - 12-11-2011

and if it's an office in an industrial park warehouse, there is a high probability ( i would shoot for 100%) that the walls separating the units are only drywall, insulation, and metal stud. Once again, the sawzall wins and any outside entrance to the warehouse becomes a very viable point of entry.

RE: Bug out suggestions - Mono - 12-13-2011

I'm in the same area and have been trying to scout out all of the buildings from the candoo center, humboldt and valmont. Ive yet to find a viable structure that could be secured against the living. What would be really nice to find is an underground structure in one of these business parks.

RE: Bug out suggestions - The_Colonel - 12-13-2011

(12-13-2011, 07:11 PM)Mono Wrote: I'm in the same area and have been trying to scout out all of the buildings from the candoo center, humboldt and valmont. Ive yet to find a viable structure that could be secured against the living. What would be really nice to find is an underground structure in one of these business parks.

Keep in mind that unless you have multiple exits, being "trapped in a hole" (man made or not) could become a very bad thing very quickly.

RE: Bug out suggestions - the_repeat - 12-18-2011

To lazy to fully read through..... but Did anyone mention the kingston armory or the nat. guard armory in east scranton?

RE: Bug out suggestions - opie - 12-19-2011

(12-18-2011, 08:17 PM)the_repeat Wrote: To lazy to fully read through..... but Did anyone mention the kingston armory or the nat. guard armory in east scranton?

Good luck getting in, but then again breaking into places is a specialty of some!

RE: Bug out suggestions - the_repeat - 12-19-2011

[/quote]

Good luck getting in, but then again breaking into places is a specialty of some!
[/quote]

True... they would be pretty hard to get into. Once closed up by the military.

RE: Bug out suggestions - kiltedguard - 12-19-2011

(12-19-2011, 12:06 PM)opie Wrote:
(12-18-2011, 08:17 PM)the_repeat Wrote: To lazy to fully read through..... but Did anyone mention the kingston armory or the nat. guard armory in east scranton?

I can pick most locks....the variable is time....MMV.

RE: Bug out suggestions - the_repeat - 12-19-2011

I can pick most locks....the variable is time....MMV.

I can do padlock styles and have broadened my knowledge to cylindrical style locks... Also mastered the art of hot wiring.... its not all as hard as its made out to be.