Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Bug out suggestions - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Sectors and Regional Chapters (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sectors-and-Regional-Chapters)
+--- Forum: Pennsylvania ZRT Sectors (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Pennsylvania-ZRT-Sectors)
+---- Forum: Sector 3 (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Sector-3)
+---- Thread: Bug out suggestions (/Thread-Bug-out-suggestions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Bug out suggestions - rthrasher2 - 03-26-2011

(03-26-2011, 12:37 PM)Chicago Ted Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 12:20 PM)kiltedguard Wrote: Not a bad idea even if it's not.

If it's occupied I doubt the tenants will be up for supplying and feeding new survivors. Apart from females even a well armed troupe would likely be turned away.

I hope people will be rational and cooperative but I think charity and rationality will disappear when the guns click to fire.

thats basicly what i was thinking

RE: Bug out suggestions - Darktemplar - 08-18-2011

Wallmart sams club mainesource all excelent supply areas. But on place in wilkesbarre can be converted to a safe house is the probation building by genettis. The only access to the 2nd n 3rd floors are a set of emergency escape stairs and 2 elevators side by side. First floor wld be extremely hard to secure since it is intirely all windows. And it is in central wb. But as with all locals. It has its pros and cons. But the fact the intire building is basically on pillars and only the only entrance to the second floor other then elevator is emergency stairs and no other way. Iffy but a good advantage point for re grouping and etc.

RE: Bug out suggestions - kiltedguard - 08-19-2011

(08-18-2011, 04:44 PM)Darktemplar Wrote: Wallmart sams club mainesource all excelent supply areas. But on place in wilkesbarre can be converted to a safe house is the probation building by genettis. The only access to the 2nd n 3rd floors are a set of emergency escape stairs and 2 elevators side by side. First floor wld be extremely hard to secure since it is intirely all windows. And it is in central wb. But as with all locals. It has its pros and cons. But the fact the intire building is basically on pillars and only the only entrance to the second floor other then elevator is emergency stairs and no other way. Iffy but a good advantage point for re grouping and etc.

Read the Zombie Survival Guide and it's take on places like Walmart and such. Then read back through this thread. In WB, you would stand about as good a chance securing the upper floors of the VA hospital and have the additional benefit of "good ground". It's not far to the middle of nowhere up there...I would highly encourage you to make nice-ie nice with some of the Sec. 3 guys up there. I've met a couple, talked to a few...good people.

RE: Bug out suggestions - Darktemplar - 08-19-2011

Zombie survival guide is a deffinate must read.

RE: Bug out suggestions - weanat12@yahoo.com - 12-02-2011

(01-09-2009, 12:00 PM)nepawolf Wrote: I feel that central location for sector 3 to bug out to might be in order. Any suggestions?

I live in numidia, PA and I am trying to figure out what sector I am in close to Bloomsburg, PA. Any help would be great.

RE: Bug out suggestions - rthrasher2 - 12-02-2011

(12-02-2011, 08:13 PM)weanat12@yahoo.com Wrote: I live in numidia, PA and I am trying to figure out what sector I am in close to Bloomsburg, PA. Any help would be great.

http://www.pazrt.com/forum/thread-zrt-sector-breakdown-sector-map?pid=52#pid52

RE: Bug out suggestions - IceHawk - 12-03-2011

I personally think that large buildings and highly populated areas are a big time bad idea. There are thousands of places in the area in the secluded woods that can be easily turned into a prime bug out spot. With streams, ponds, caves, and of course wood. Read up on wilderness survival, its not exactly hard. I have a external hiking backpack stocked with all id need to start my own little civilization. I prefer external because the frame can be used for multiple apps.

Bunker Hill in Wyoming/Trucksville is a great place i think due to caves (Wolfs Den is what i had in mind) in high places, plenty of food, its its far enuff away from the mass of people and yet close enuff for "if needed" runs to town. Easily defendable for the random zombie that may stroll throu the woods.
Might i also add, the islands in the river. Most have farms right on shore and are easily accessible by boat or canoe.

RE: Bug out suggestions - fayettenamtrasnplant - 12-03-2011

Defense of a structure is something that can be accomplished easily in many buildings with strong walls and small or no windows. Even if there are windows they can be augmented with lumber, shutters (at times already in place in a roll up cylinder, or other at hand materials. The larger the opening the more difficult and time consuming the augmentation would be. Think of more of what building look like in today's world in high crime areas or at a higher level facility(like a Methadone clinic, a woman's health clinic, or a post office). These are the types of structures that would allow you to last longer in a "Defend in Place" situation. Gathering supplies would just need to be accomplished. Going to and defending the supplies in place at a China Mart or similar place is normally more difficult. These places are made to bring customers in not keep them out and would take more time and effort to secure.

RE: Bug out suggestions - IceHawk - 12-03-2011

I still dont think buildings are the best place to be.. remember, there will be other survivors. Some good and some you wanna throw to the zombies. Id prefer to stay away from both of them. Thus the seclusion in the woods suggestion. Its easier to fend for yourself and ones close to you then it is to a group of unexperianced retards. Just remember, if other survivors come in masses, they more then likely have guns to. If they want your fortress, they will take it.

RE: Bug out suggestions - fayettenamtrasnplant - 12-03-2011

(12-03-2011, 10:32 AM)IceHawk Wrote: I still dont think buildings are the best place to be.. remember, there will be other survivors. Some good and some you wanna throw to the zombies. Id prefer to stay away from both of them. Thus the seclusion in the woods suggestion. Its easier to fend for yourself and ones close to you then it is to a group of unexperianced retards. Just remember, if other survivors come in masses, they more then likely have guns to. If they want your fortress, they will take it.

Even though I do not agree with most of your statement the "Its easier to fend for yourself and ones close to you then it is to a group of unexperianced retards." I have to agree with. Have a good one IceHawk