Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Communications - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Transportation & Communication (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Transportation-Communication)
+--- Thread: Communications (/Thread-Communications)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Communications - andrewjs18 - 07-29-2010

(07-28-2010, 10:51 PM)BETA Wrote: Each Sector should have a when SHTF area to meet.

sector 3 has 1 of the best bug out locations I've seen.

RE: Communications - nepawolf - 07-29-2010

(07-29-2010, 05:53 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:
(07-28-2010, 10:51 PM)BETA Wrote: Each Sector should have a when SHTF area to meet.

sector 3 has 1 of the best bug out locations I've seen.

With great communications abilities.

RE: Communications - redeye202 - 07-31-2010

Time to jump back in here.
Looks like i will most likely will go with a Uniden 510XL with a mag mount K30 Antenna,i found a place on line--walcottcb.com--that has a package deal,both units for $79.99 plus $12.69 shipping to my door.

I looked into a 102 in. ant. and i just isn't going to happen.

To the Scranton members,if I go up to the Jessup Ind. Park and transmit,will you who live over byJohnson Coll. pick up on it,being across the valley,if i can do this with the above rig i would be happy.

RE: Communications - nepawolf - 07-31-2010

Yeah, it shouldn't be an issue. Especially when my dipole shows up.Big GrinBig Grin It should be in monday. To be honest, I shouldn't have a problem hitting WB. I know with my Firestick on my Cobra, I talked from Ransom to Mt. Pocono clear as day. This will be with my Craig, which is a better radio.

Erg, getting so impatient waiting for my frakin antenna to finally get here.

RE: Communications - mdesimo514 - 07-31-2010

i have seen walkie to use if you have a squad formed up and they have ear pieces like the secret service guys wear. would be def a good choice for small squads to comm back and forth.

RE: Communications - redeye202 - 08-04-2010

It happened today,had the urge for a good breakfast,sooooo my blond body guard and I went to the Pilot truck stop in Avoca this morning,stuffed our faces while overlooking the valley,life was good,then it happened,after paying up for the food,my blond body guard said,lets browse the truckers store,I knew I should have said no,but all resistance faded,then it happened,I blacked out,when i awoke I had somehow managed to buy a Cobra 29 LTD Classic CB with a Francis CB 24 Hot Rod 4' antenna,a Road Pro 5" mag base,and Road Pro cig. lighter power adapter.

I asked my blond body guard what happened,she said that all of a sudden my eyes glazed over and I said to all there,OUT OF MY WAY,I'M ON A MISSION FROM GOD,and $171.15 later,it had happened.Tongue

RE: Communications - kiltedguard - 08-04-2010

Sooo...it looks like we are going to be CB based comms. Don't scrimp on the comms everyone...knowledge is power and you only will get it from talking to others out there. Also...if you want to get some more range out of your personal comms gear (ie; the stuff you put on your kit and use on battery power), get a length of UNSHIELDED coax. or plastic coated copper and install the proper ANT connector to the end. Tape off the other end and weave it into the MOLLE webbing on the back of your kit or tape it to the straps or however you have to. you can string a good 4 ft+ of antenna and really give yerself some good reception without having a whip hit you in the head all the time.

RE: Communications - kiltedguard - 09-15-2010

Check in here guys.

http://www.pazrt.com/forum/thread-radio-protocol

RE: Communications - nepadestroyer - 09-24-2010

nepawolf has just purchased a dipole 1/2 wave antenna.. we are in the process of figuring out how to hook it up. we were wondering if anyone would be available for a radio check, so we can see what kind of distance we get on it. we feel this is a pretty important survival tool, and would really like to get it running.

RE: Communications - Chazman321 - 09-24-2010

I can go out to the truck, think it will go a couple hundred miles? lol What channel would this be on? A sideband? Something like 27LSB?

-Chaz