Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Communications - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Transportation & Communication (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Transportation-Communication)
+--- Thread: Communications (/Thread-Communications)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Communications - YllwFvr - 11-16-2010

(11-16-2010, 04:44 PM)opie Wrote: [quote=

Any ideas on how to attach it? It will work its way out as is.

I am guessing that you are reffering the the antenna! I would take some wire ties and
And run them throught the loops on your vest. Use two on the loops and cris cross them.
[/quote]

Huh... that was simple. I feel stupid now. Thanks Wink

RE: Communications - opie - 11-16-2010

(11-16-2010, 05:34 PM)YllwFvr Wrote:
(11-16-2010, 04:44 PM)opie Wrote: [quote=

Any ideas on how to attach it? It will work its way out as is.

I am guessing that you are reffering the the antenna! I would take some wire ties and
And run them throught the loops on your vest. Use two on the loops and cris cross them.

Wire ties and duct tape, two of the greatest inventions EVER!!!!
Huh... that was simple. I feel stupid now. Thanks Wink

[/quote]

RE: Communications - YllwFvr - 11-17-2010

Walked around the property today with my vest on. Got some chatter but dont know if they could hear me back. Half the time you seem to be ignored anyway, even if they do hear you.
Radio check?
Silence.
Assholes

Also got a Serpa drop leg today. I dont like having my pistol on my vest, dont have room for it either way, and cant wear it on my belt when the vest is on.

Gawd I love this thing. Its so comfy I forget its there. It doesnt drop or drag at my belt. Stays in place perfectly. Blackhawk... I think I love you

RE: Communications - Chazman321 - 06-06-2011

Anyone hear from Fletcher in awhile???

RE: Communications - andrewjs18 - 06-06-2011

(06-06-2011, 08:56 AM)Chazman321 Wrote: Anyone hear from Fletcher in awhile???

nah. last time I spoke to him - which was a while ago - I believe he said he was getting kicked out of the place he was living because his roommate's lady was moving in. last I knew, he was living out of his van. hope he's doing well.

RE: Communications - kiltedguard - 06-17-2011

PRC 117fs will not cover all of those spectrums. It misses the CB low freqs from about 2.8 - 29.999 Mhz which puts it off alot of civilian Ham nets and ALL CB coms. The Sat Com option on that radio is specific to a TacSat network that would have to be established FOR it. Not meant for independant Sat. contact. you'll see 1300+ mHz units out there that can do that. Then you'll need a computer to track dopler signal issues.

Not "Freq-ing" lol, just saying.

RE: Communications - Chazman321 - 06-30-2011

Yeah, if there was a way a radio would be 100% reliable in transmission and receive and heard all around the world, I would buy it... But as of the moment, CB and HAM works if you follow the basic rules of BIGGER IS BETTER!!! I will be the guy post-Z Day that is lugging a base CB up a water tower to get heard farther! lol

-Chaz

RE: Communications - kiltedguard - 06-30-2011

(06-30-2011, 01:28 PM)Chazman321 Wrote: Yeah, if there was a way a radio would be 100% reliable in transmission and receive and heard all around the world, I would buy it... But as of the moment, CB and HAM works if you follow the basic rules of BIGGER IS BETTER!!! I will be the guy post-Z Day that is lugging a base CB up a water tower to get heard farther! lol

-Chaz

OK Chaz, I'll come and get you...but I'm not climbing the damned tower...you'll have to come down on your own.

RE: Communications - rthrasher2 - 06-30-2011

(06-30-2011, 01:28 PM)Chazman321 Wrote: I will be the guy post-Z Day that is lugging a base CB up a water tower to get heard farther! lol

-Chaz

ill have one of those here as soon as i remember to pick it up from the parents.

RE: Communications - Chazman321 - 07-01-2011

(06-30-2011, 03:12 PM)kiltedguard Wrote:
(06-30-2011, 01:28 PM)Chazman321 Wrote: Yeah, if there was a way a radio would be 100% reliable in transmission and receive and heard all around the world, I would buy it... But as of the moment, CB and HAM works if you follow the basic rules of BIGGER IS BETTER!!! I will be the guy post-Z Day that is lugging a base CB up a water tower to get heard farther! lol

-Chaz

OK Chaz, I'll come and get you...but I'm not climbing the damned tower...you'll have to come down on your own.

Hey, gates every couple feet that I can lock, I'll be dang near zombie proof! lol

-Chaz