Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: POLL-You decide...Anti Immigrant or Anti ILLEGAL Immigrant or......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just plain Bigotry?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/13/ari...latestnews

Arizona Passes Strict Illegal Immigration Bill

Quote:"Arizona has long been a laboratory for anti-immigrant experimentation, and its demagogue leaders have become folk heroes for white supremacists throughout the United States," Newman said. "But this bill ushers in a new chapter of disgrace for the state that resisted celebrating the life of Martin Luther King."

Arizona was one of the last states to create a holiday honoring the life of the slain civil rights leader.

Quote:Supporters celebrated the bill as a tough crackdown on illegal immigration that will protect the state from violent criminals.

Quote:The measure would create a new state misdemeanor crime of willful failure to complete or carry an alien registration document. It would allow officers to arrest immigrants unable to show documents proving they're legally in the country.

The proposal also would ban so-called soft immigration policies at local police agencies. It would allow people to sue if they feel a government agency has adopted a policy that hinders the enforcement of illegal immigration laws.

The provision is designed to target law enforcement policies that prevent officers from asking people about their immigration status, but opponents worry it will make victims and witnesses scared to work with police and prosecutors.

Pearce's bill also tries to crack down on employment opportunities for illegal immigrants by prohibiting people from blocking traffic when they seek or offer day-labor services on street corners.

The measure also would make it illegal for people to transport illegal immigrants if the drivers of vehicles know their passengers are in the country illegally and if the transportation furthers their illegal presence in the country.

More at article to help you decide.
of course it's racism. don't you know that anytime anyone ever tries to pass a law, or take some sort of legal action, that targets minorities, or foreigners, that it's racist?Rolleyes

bravo, AZ. i admit that the part about providing documention bothered me a little. i don't feel that one should have to carry 'ze papers' on their person at all times, just to prove residency. i predict some problems with that part. anyone remember that movie 'Born in East L.A.?' Cheech Marin got mistaken for an illegal, because he had no ID on him, and he was deported to Mexico.
not enough info, but doesn't sound necessarily problematic, to me.

it all depends on what this means: "The measure would create a new state misdemeanor crime of willful failure to complete or carry an alien registration document. It would allow officers to arrest immigrants unable to show documents proving they're legally in the country."

as in, someone's arrested, if they left their documents at home? if so, i think that's pretty dumb/severe.

as for AZ being the last state to adopt mlk day, waaaaaaaa. holidays are dumb.
i dont want any more fucking immigrants coming to my country and i want them fucking illegals kicked out of the USA, if they are arrested,

if i hear the govt is granting asylum to all the illegals then this country is fucked sideways more then i though it was.

we have enough problems takign care of our own we dont need any more dirtbag illegals or pass out any more green cards-its putting out country deeper in debt having to help the people in Haiti etc, i dont give a shit about them except my brotherhood Americans.

What about our homeless? why the fuck are we helping illegals and othe rcountries that got quaked when we should be offereing to the american citizens who are homeless...this disgusts me.
illegal is illegal. I'm ALL FOR LEGAL immigration, but not illegal.
(04-14-2010, 02:52 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]illegal is illegal. I'm ALL FOR LEGAL immigration, but not illegal.

this. /thread.
if you think illegals coming across the border is bad, you should read into the wet feet, dry feet policy with Cubans...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_feet,_dry_feet_policy

my buddy, who's dad is from Cuba, absolutely HATES THAT LAW....
(04-14-2010, 03:42 PM)jahwarrior72 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2010, 02:52 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]illegal is illegal. I'm ALL FOR LEGAL immigration, but not illegal.

this. /thread.

Agreed. I don't understand why people want to help these people who refuse to acknowledge the laws or sovereignty of our nation. Especially when they claim that blocking them would "violate the Constitution." Since when have our rights automatically counted to everyone else inside our borders or in our possession.
Some eyebrow raising comments in this thread. Guess there'll be a few people not adding me to a buddy list. Tongue
As a legal resident of the USA for the last 8yr's I have always felt it is only right for everyone that comes from outside our borders to go through due process, ie- no illegal aliens and definitely not some kind of free for all illegal amnesty..ever.
No I was not born here but I love this nation, I am proud to live here, I abide by this lands laws and will some day be able to call myself a US Citizen.
That might rub people the wrong way but as far as I am concerned I came here through the proper channels and I pay my way in life.

Amen.

Legal immigration, sure. That's how this country originally built itself isn't it?
Illegal immigration, no. Most illegals only suck from the system.
we need to close the borders! we need to straighten out our priority problems first then reopen the borders. all illegals should be tasered on sightBig Grin
Pages: 1 2