Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Why gold & silver (again!)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Or any useful tangible!

This is why TPTB want electronic phoney baloney money - so they can control you!  Good luck "robbing a bank" when THEIR ponzi scheme collapses!

Desperate Lebanese Citizens Hold Up Banks to Access Their Money amid Financial Collapse

[Image: Desperate-Lebanese-Citizens-Hold-Up-Bank...e.jpg.webp]
Quote:Banks in Lebanon have been flooded with desperate customers trying to withdraw their frozen money as the country faces complete financial collapse.
Most customers are only allowed to withdraw small, which is not enough to cover basic living costs, while most have been locked out of foreign currency assets for the last two years.
As FT notes, Lebanon’s financial collapse is one of the worst economic crises in modern history — is in its third year and has forced three-quarters of the population into poverty. The currency has lost more than 90 percent of its value.
On Wednesday, customers held up banks attempting to access their savings before the country’s economy collapsed.
One woman even resorted to using a toy gun to get her own money from a branch of BLOM bank in Beirut; she eventually with over $13,000.
Watch
Quote:Sali Hafiz stormed a bank in Lebanon with her nephew's toy pistol and freed thousands of dollars from her family's deposits in order to pay for her sister's cancer treatment.

Labanese banks have frozen the savings of most depositors for almost three years amid an economic crisis pic.twitter.com/ImesgF3JIi
— TRT World (@trtworld) September 15, 2022

Nowhere to turn
The woman, Sali Hafiz, said she needed the money for her sister’s cancer treatment.

According to BLOM bank, customers forced the branch manager and treasurer to bring money from a safe.
In another incident, an armed man went into a Bankmed branch in the mountain city of Aley to access his savings.
The man was later arrested, but charges were dropped.
[/url]READ MORE:  Al Gore on Trump Raid: I'm Sure DOJ, FBI 'Acted Entirely Properly'

“I have nothing more to lose,” the man said.
Ms. Hafiz told local media that she had no choice but to hold up the BLOM bank.
“I have nothing more to lose, I got to the end of the road,” she said.
“I got to a point where I was going to sell my kidney so that my sister could receive treatment.”
Ms. Hafiz tried to draw money days earlier but was refused.
Her mother told local TV: “All we have is this money in the bank. My daughter was forced to take this money – it’s her right, it’s in her account – to treat her sister.”
Financial collapse forcing millions into poverty
Although banks are supposed to make exceptions for customers trying to pay for things like hospital care, many say they do not do this.
Senior bankers have warned that hold-ups may increase.
One told Reuters:
“I think this is an invitation for other people to do the same. As long as people get away with it, they will continue. What a failed state.”
In the August incident, a local man received widespread sympathy after he stormed a Beirut bank with a rifle and held employees and customers hostage for hours to demand some of his $200,000 in frozen savings to pay hospital bills for his sick father.
He was detained but swiftly released.
In January, a bank customer held dozens of people hostage after being told he could not withdraw his foreign currency savings.
Local media reported the man was eventually given some of his savings and surrendered to security forces.
READ MORE:  Trump on 2020 Election 'Fraud': Declare Me the 'Rightful Winner'
[url=https://www.dailyfetched.com/trump-offers-remedy-to-2020-election-fraud-declare-me-the-rightful-winner/]
Lebanon has been hammered by its worst economic crisis since 2019.
The local currency has lost more than 90 percent of its value on the black market, while poverty and unemployment have soared.
Note carefully & enjoy! [Image: shocked.gif]
Time to start keeping cash at home!
Bank collapses - coming to a banana republic near YOU!

House Sets Date for First Hearing Into Banking Crisis

Quote:Federal regulators will testify before the House Financial Services Committee on March 29 about the Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and Signature Bank collapses, according to a press release
Committee Chair Patrick McHenry, R-N.C., and Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., confirmed Friday that the hearing would "allow us to begin to understand why and how these banks failed."
"We are working around the clock to deliver answers to the American people in order to protect depositors, promote the safety and soundness of America's banks, and strengthen our financial system," McHenry and Waters said.
"We will conduct this hearing without fear or favor to get the answers the American people deserve," they added.
Witnesses will include Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Chairman Martin J. Gruenberg and Michael Barr, vice chairman of the Federal Reserve for Supervision.
According to the release, more individuals might also be called as the hearing date approaches.
The announcement comes one day after the Senate Finance Committee held a hearing with Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen over the department's 2024 budget request, in which lawmakers probed her over the recent turmoil.
Yellen admitted to the upper chamber that not all depositors would be protected over the FDIC insurance limits of $250,000 per account — an exception that was made for customers of SVB and Signature Bank.
"Our banking system remains sound, and Americans can feel confident that their deposits will be there when they need them," she assured the panel Thursday.
SVB, a former financial institution that primarily lent to technology startups, became the second-largest banking failure in American history when it closed its doors last week. Several days later, Signature Bank followed.
Since then, European bank Credit Suisse underwent a sharp downturn in its shares before the Swiss National Bank offered it a lifeline.

Related Stories: