Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Labeling and storing mylar packed food
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have done the normal mylar bag in a five gallon bucket filled with rice/beans/sugar ect, that was easy to store and label, now that I have a freeze dryer I am packing a lot more stuff in one gallon and smaller bags. I am concerned that if I just write on the bags with a sharpie that it will wear off and I will have no idea what is inside, Do you think the sharpie will be ok or is there a better way to label? The Harvest Right brand mylar does have a spot to write. Also what is a good way to store all these small bags? Right now I am just putting them into 18 gallon plastic totes but is seems like it will be a pain to dig through looking for certain products, I guess I could do one tote with meats, one with veggies, fruit and one for complete meals
Sharpies will be fine - they're packed away in a cool, dry, place.  Either you'll need to be nuked, or the sun go supernova, to wear that ink off.

Just make sure they're RODENT-proof.  The fuzzy ones CAN chew through buckets.   Confused