Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Radio recommendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ALSO stolen Rolleyes  from Survivalblog on 2/10

Radios

Quote:Send a list of radios you are looking for in an e-mail to buytwowayradio.com.

Icom IC-F6021-51B UHF Base Station Radio

Mobile for a vehicle:
Icom IC-F6021-51 Mobile Two Way Radio

(If you are off grid already and have 12VDC, just use this mobile as a base station radio and save lots of money.)
Olympia P324 Two Way Radio

Heavy coaxial cable for UHF base station. (Determine length and order by the foot. To be exact, use a piece of paracord as a dummy for the cable run.)

High gain and easy to mount on a roof Slim Jim antenna
Anyone know what the radius for these are?
Antennas are EVERYTHING.  ALSO your elevation above terrain helps (handheld on a mountaintop, beats tower in a valley!).

I've yet to really tax any of my Baofengs, but even the 8 watt models are probably limited to a mile +/-, on level ground.
I need to get a CB put into my car and currently I don't know how to do it I might have it professionally installed that way I at least have one working properly but then again right now there's absolutely no where to install it because I drive a Chevy Cruze LT. And this is a picture of the interior. Stock photo much cleaner than my car is at present time.

[Image: cruze-2012-int-large.jpg]
(05-30-2021, 11:39 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]I need to get a CB put into my car and currently I don't know how to do it I might have it professionally installed that way I at least have one working properly but then again right now there's absolutely no where to install it because I drive a Chevy Cruze LT.

Swing by sometime when you got the time.  I can install it.  I got one in my Jeep - I can get one in ANYTHING!
Sweet, I'll plan for that. I'm sure I need to get an antenna for it as well... any recommendations and I've heard that magnet mounts ruin the paint job which I don't want to do so again any recommendations?
I'd do a hood mount - like the scanner on my jeep.  Bolts on under the hood, and a lexan disc on the OUTSIDE protects the paint under the mount. 

My photoflubit account is long gone - I can send you a couple of pics... or we can get together for lunch, and I can just SHOW you on the Jeep.

Gotta study your interior for a bit, to see what size CB can fit WHERE inside it.
Okay sounds good, I'll plan for something and let you know when I'm available and we will coincide with one another to meet up.