Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: GOT battle belt?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's your setup like?  Since I have an office of one, I'm wearing mine around the office this week, so as to get MORE acclimated to it.

[Image: 4.jpg]

HSGI regular belt (inner) and padded belt (if you don't mind mixing, matching, and oddball colors, you can save a few bucks that way. The forest green belt was a few bucks cheaper than the other colors, and since a padded belt was going over it, I went for the savings!). From left to right - Esstac Quadrunner, stuffed with 4 Wilson 8rd. 1911 mags. HSGI three mag shingle. HSGI single mag TACO, stuffed with an Israeli pressure bandage (I have an ARES 500 IFAK on my chest rig - no room for this bandage in it, so I stuck it on the back of the belt). Gerber mulit-tool (smaller model), L2 PentagonLight [Image: cool.png] in a HSGI pouch. Code4Concealment kydex holster (SA 5" LW Operator in it), and a CRKT M-16 folder, round out the setup. And everything's attached with HSGI long clips.
I've got my travel bag kinda ready, It's for the moat part a safety bag to go on supply runs, and is stocked with items to assist me and keep me safe while I'm out and a few items to assist me if I get stuck outside for a night or two but it's only to be used on a temp basis.
If the SHTF I fully intend on digging in and staying put instead of being a casualty trying to bug out.
I really ought to put together a battle belt. And suggestions on what should be on it?
(03-28-2020, 10:21 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]I really ought to put together a battle belt. And suggestions on what should be on it?

No more than 3 AR mags (2, if a bigger caliber!) - no more than 3 pistol mags (4, if 1911) - and this is because of weight & movement considerations.

If you're GONNA go belt, add MORE mags to your chest rig/plate carrier.  Ditto for your IFAK.  The belt should be the "grab it first" items, so keep it simple & utilitarian.  "Little items," like knife & light, should go there.  "Radio/comms" should go on the chest rig.

I like my CAT 7's ON my rig - one on each side.  They're designed to be operated one handed, so if one arm is disabled, the good arm has one on its side!  I don't want to be groping around my waist for them, so I keep the chest rig streamlined.  3 more AR mags (in my case), radio, IFAK, & CAT 7's.

I stuffed the Israeli pressure bandage to my belt, because a) it DON'T fit in the IFAK, and b) I had a leftover rifle mag taco, and it fit perfectly!

p.s. - I changed out that old PentagonLight, for an old Insight HC120, that I HAD been running on a rifle.  I upgraded to InForce WML's on the rifles, so I moved the old Insight to my belt.
I've been eyeing one.
I spoke to a friend who deployed a few times and he likes things small. The double mag pouches he hated because they didn't let you hug the dirt well.
With that in mind I went with the slim Blue Force Gear ones. I have a triple in front and a double to the right of that for a total of 5. This leaves me a bit short.
Also on the rig in a dump pouch, IFAK, double pistol mag (one holds a multitool) and my water bladder.

I was back and forth about that last one, considering just putting it in my ruck. But the thought of being able to shed that and still have water stuck with me.

But I like the idea of a battle belt. Give me a couple extra rifle mags. Some extra room. Be able to actually take my sidearm.
I see this is old and the pic provided by OP is gone. Can we see some examples again?

Deanimation is my motivation
Geez... I gotta update this thread.  Photoflubit ate my old pictures, but mine's undergone some radical upgrades since I first posted it here!
Well let's see it

(10-18-2021, 07:05 AM)YllwFvr Wrote: [ -> ]Well let's see it

SOON as I get over the flu.   Confused
Once Wagon is back in business I'll be staging my home for a stay in.
I really need to get things in order here at home that way when TSHTF I'm prepared for it.
[Image: 100-6361-crop.jpg]

Still recovering from a stroke.  manipulating mag changes is gonna be tough at present. got more o/t to do.