Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: What the zombie fiction got right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stolen from a CALGUNS post this morning!

Quote:OK, so obviously this isn't TEOTWAWKI. Just some very bad times. But it occurred to me that the zombie fiction I've been reading over the years got quite a few things right. Some thoughts. Feel free to share your own.

1. It started in China. World War Z (the book). Chongqing, to be precise, a mere 541 miles from Wuhan.

2. The West ignored what was happening in China until it was too late. Lots of people dismiss the virus as no big deal. (In World War Z, it was just "rabies.")

3. Foreign borders were closed too late, only after the virus had already made its way into the U.S. (and elsewhere).

4. Most people were unprepared and panic buying/hoarding ensued.

5. Most governments were unprepared or unwilling to make the hard choices early. When they made the hard choices, it was already too late.

6. The outbreak went "viral." (It still boggles my mind that people don't equate their everyday use of the word "viral" with what's happening now.)

7. The market crashed big time.

8. People are ordered to stay home. Preppers are already locked and loaded.

9. Lots of people didn't take the threat seriously, even after the lock downs, partying away and spreading the virus even more. I'm reminded of the last party in NYC in the Black Tide Rising series.

10. The rich start escaping from the cities to places like Southhampton, Santa Barbara, Tahoe, etc.

11. Hospitals are flooded, and lack supplies. Medical personnel get sick. Some stay home.

12. Police decide not to enforce laws other than the serious ones. Looting (still minor in reality, thankfully) starts. Police, EMTs, firemen, other first responders start getting sick too.

13. States and cities start shutting down their borders to avoid the spread of the disease.

14. The outbreaks start hitting smaller cities, then towns, then rural areas.

We'll see what else happens in the next few months. At least no one's going to be eating brains (hopefully).
This is some bizzare stuff. So many are petrified but there's about 15% think it's no big deal.
And then there are the ones who are just plain stupid. The stupid ones are the worst.
(03-23-2020, 11:38 AM)ColdBlueSteel Wrote: [ -> ]This is some bizzare stuff. So many are petrified but there's about 15% think it's no big deal.
And then there are the ones who are just plain stupid. The stupid ones are the worst.

Count me in the 15%.

99% of the people killed in Italy, were elderly, or had OTHER health issues.  SAME way every OTHER flu bug kills off people every year.   Rolleyes
I think this whole coronavirus is just a purge, a planned Purge at that.
People are living longer nowadays, there are way too many people on the planet these days. And unfortunately some people... the sick and the elderly are technically baggage and if these people are gone governments across the globe can save money, space and other items such as Foods medicines and supplies.
Call me crazy but if they get rid of the elderly and the sick there are no more drag downs and I'm thinking that's what the government wants. Opinions?
Der Kommissar ObamassarKare got the ball rolling!

"Death panels," anyone?   Confused

[Image: Cash_for_Clankers_Medicare.png]