Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: 2018 'Night of the Living Dead' tribute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awwww man - it was LAST night!   Confused 

Did anybody go?

Zombies invade Pittsburgh for 'Night of the Living Dead' tribute

[Image: shindig_1536716606853_12934350_ver1.0_640_360.jpg]

PHOTOGALLERY HERE

Quote:The rooftop of the Theater Square Garage in downtown Pittsburgh was transformed into a zombie playground Tuesday night for an event featuring a screening of the 1968 cult film “Night of the Living Dead.”
PHOTOS: Zombies invade Pittsburgh for 'Night of the Living Dead' tribute

Realistic-looking zombies from the ScareHouse startled guests as they entered the Rooftop Shindig. Members of the band Devin Moses and The Undead took the stage before the screening looking “zombified” and grunting between songs. Fans of the movie brought chairs and blankets to comfortably enjoy the screening.

“This is where it all started,” said Heidi Lutes of the worldwide zombie craze. She came to see the film with her daughter Harlie who is going to school for special effects makeup.

The Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership teamed up with the ScareHouse and Pittsburgh Filmmakers to put on the unique shindig.

“This is the 50th anniversary of the ‘Night of the Living Dead,’” said Leigh White, of the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership. “The film, of course, has great Pittsburgh ties and connections, so we are really excited to be involved in what is a whole citywide celebration.”

This is one of many events celebrating the film’s late director, George A. Romero, happening throughout the month of October.
That sucks, I had no idea this was going on or I would've tried to attend... Maybe its for thw best I am a zombie hunter. Maybe they figured I'd do my job well and kill them damn zombies.
(09-12-2018, 07:36 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks, I had no idea this was going on or I would've tried to attend... Maybe its for thw best I am a zombie hunter. Maybe they figured I'd do my job well and kill them damn zombies.

"Zombie hunter" qualifies as "zombie costume," don't it?   Wink