Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Gear to help you survive the first 24 hours after disaster strikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If disaster struck, how would you survive the first 24 hours?

A new, lightweight, rugged kit contains key tools that would certainly give you an advantage.

Taurus has created a solution to improve your chances in pretty much any crisis you could encounter; from a natural disaster to a zombie apocalypse. The First 24 Kit contains smart components to help people survive the first 24 hours of any crisis and make their way to safety.

The kit includes: a revolver, a knife, a flashlight, emergency signals, fire starter kit, a compass, some 550 Para cord, as well as a battery caddy and batteries – all contained in a robust, practical case.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/02/26/g...=obnetwork
Pre-fab packages are, 'alright' - it certainly beats meeting disaster with just your wang in your hand. Rolleyes

THING is though - if you KNOW what you're doing (and presumably you join a site like this to learn these very things - or impart your wisdom AT preparing for such things), you can build one of these - BETTER, and with more gear - for LESS money. And brudda, lemmee tell ya'; I MIGHT stick a Taurus 65, or a 605, in such a kit (I have a 605 and ammo in one of my BoB's)... but unless my bug-out boat lost an anchor, I'm not about to stick a Judge in a BoB! Dodgy
I like the idea of those, but I agree with The War Wagon, you can do it yourself and save a bunch of money by switching to Geico, wrong commercial Smile
But yeah you can save money by buying the goods and gear by yourself and piece by piece.
Then I could store it all in my basement if the Mrs. would quit being such a damn pack rat and get rid of half the crap we don't need, want or use that are stored in them damn plastic totes.
Junk, well to me anyways!
(02-27-2015, 12:16 AM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]I could store it all in my basement if the Mrs. would quit being such a damn pack rat and get rid of half the crap we don't need, want or use that are stored in them damn plastic totes.
Junk, well to me anyways!

ALL wives SPECIALIZE in that - it's their special gift. Rolleyes
Our wives must be clones.
Since I leave my BOB in my vehicle I wouldn't leave a handgun in it. Too much a chance of being stolen.
They now make truck safes that you can bolt down.
There are so many different makes and sizes, It depends on how much you want to spend, what time of weapon you are locking up and want to store.
If you can't find one, You're not looking.

If this helps, check this page out for some... Hope it helps

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Car+...&form=QBIR