Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: My Ride (Work in progress)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just wanted to share a pic of my zombie ride

[Image: 862224174.jpg?1406948922]

[Image: 862224420.jpg?1406949081]

[Image: 862224506.jpg?1406949135]
Needs more tire.

[Image: swamper_thornbird.jpg]

37's", I'd guess. Cool

Welcome aboard!
got my eye on some... these are brand new on truck. Next is either step rails or the roll bar with lights
What size have you got on there? I wish my RC had 16" wheels - would solve a little more axle wrap/hop issues.

Lotta good ideas for Gen.II - III - IV trucks here, btw.

http://www.dodgeoffroad.com/index.php
stock rams can fit 33-35s. Thornbirds suck! Remember with larger tires come larger gears and rears. A vehicle equipped with 3.55 will have trouble with anything bigger than 33s. But a vehicle with 4.10 wearing 37s will have a final gear ratio of 3.55- moral of this story........bigger tires mean less towing ability unless you regear.
What's wrong with Thornbirds?!?! Since Mickey Thompson stopped making sidebiters about a generation ago, they would seem to be the next best thing - particularly for crawling around sw PA.
they are bias ply so they deform and won't balance. the center tread does not clean well and the wear extremely fast.
(08-05-2014, 01:19 PM)NuthinButJHP Wrote: [ -> ]they are bias ply so they deform and won't balance. the center tread does not clean well and the wear extremely fast.

Well POOP! And here I thought they were radials. Confused

Hard to FIND a rig that'll run bias ply tires anymore. I ran 'em on my '79 Bronco, but even IT was built with radials in mind.

My RC is now "old" - it was old tech even when it was NEW... but it's certainly not designed with bias-ply in mind.
get a set of hmmwv rims (double beadlock) recenter them and run military 37x12.5R16.5 Goodyear military tires.
not sure what size, will check when I get back from the People's Republic... thanks for the link, will have to check it out!
Pages: 1 2 3 4