Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: The Zombie Mud Run - Pittsburgh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is anyone from Sector 4 or any sector for that matter going to The Zombie Mud Run that will be here in Pittsburgh?
To be more specific it will be at the Hundred acres Manor in Bethel Park, PA
on August 16th, 2014.
The address is 1 Hundred Acre Drive Bethel Park, PA 15102
You can find the details here: http://www.thezombiemudrun.com/
or here: http://www.thezombiemudrun.com/pittsburg...bie-mudrun
I would like to see if we can get a group together and run if we have enough that are going or depending on what wave time you are in.
To fill you in, if you’re not already aware, The Zombie Mud Run is a zombie infested rough & tough obstacle course and 5k race.
But the tables have turned, Humans run the obstacle course with a flag football belt with three flags, and the flags represent a human’s vital organs: Brains, Heart & Entrails – Thus the zombies that have infested the course try to snag your flags.
If you cross the finish line with at least one flag you have survived the zombies and the apocalypse.
However, if you have no flags when done you have become a human happy meal and are "Infected"
Check out the youtube video of the race here: http://youtu.be/RZH9flhTjx4
I already have purchased my ticket and will be running & afterwards have volunteered as a race course official.
This will be my third year with such event.
In 2012 & 2013 I ran in the RFYL Zombie 5k (Run for your lives) and they were awesome, a complete adrenaline rush and then once you’re done running from zombies you get the luxury of saying “you did it” Big Grin In 2013 I came in 6th place for my wave and every year train for the run.

Ye' be warned, It is not for the weak Tongue
How many can say they actually got to run from zombies?
If you run, you can say you did! Cool

If anyone is going and would like to get a group together to run, you can PM me, Message me or you can contact me on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/RogerPaulishJr
(07-24-2014, 08:52 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ][color=#32CD32]Is anyone from Sector 4 or any sector for that matter going to The Zombie Mud Run that will be here in Pittsburgh?

Ye' be warned, It is not for the weak Tongue

It's near me, but I'm more of a Zombie Thurston Howell, III. Me and Lovey prefer to sit in our hammock with Margaritas, and watch the proletariat run, while we provide commentary instead. Tongue

Besides, I don't HAFTA to win a marathon - I only have to be faster than at LEAST one other piece of zombie-bait! Big Grin
Yea very true, Its always nice to have one person that will sacrifice him or herself for the safety and security of others Smile (even if they don't know it)
Each group should have one as a back up!
(07-26-2014, 04:29 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Yea very true, Its always nice to have one person that will sacrifice him or herself for the safety and security of others Smile (even if they don't know it)
Each group should have one as a back up!

The bad news is, that's probably GONNA be me! [Image: shocked.gif]

I feel like Homer at the :32 mark! Tongue

Naw, us PAZRT's gotta stick together, The more alive we have grouped the less Zed's we gotta shoot!
Well I did the Zombie Mud Run on August 16th, 2014 and It was pretty cool.
However, this is my review of The Zombie Mud Run - Pittsburgh
I got there and the event was not well marked, I ended up getting lost 3 times due to the lack of signs marking the area, then Finally I found the staging ground for the run.
Two, There was one man coordinating the whole event, and since I was a volunteer damn was he hard to find when an issue arose.
Most problems I had to deal with myself since I couldn't really find the coordinator.
During The Run for your lives Zombie 5k, the runners had to park a distance away from the actual running field as it was the same here too!
But during RFYL Zombie 5k the runners were shuttled to the field, made it nice Smile
but during the zombie mud run, this wasn't so...
You pretty much had to walk a 5k to get to the Zombie mud run 5k.
The music kinda sucked, I think it was looped or something, wasn't very professional. Undecided
There was no real vendors to buy cool stuff from, everything had the Zombie Mud run logo on it, and was way over priced.
Now for the Zombies: They were way too aggressive, one was stated to have been rough housing with the runners.
Normally you don't grab, hold, tackle, trip or injure the runners.
Not so here!
One zombie actually tripped my running partner then another zombie ran up to us and stole one of her flags, highly uncool bro!
Another zombie I heard grabbed a short lady picked her up in a bear hug and another zombie ran up and grabbed all her flags, which was bullshit...
It was supposed to be that you don't lose all your flags at the same time at the same place, However this was really not enforced.
The Run for your lives Zombie 5k had an apocalypse party, gathering after the run, we had fun, photo ops, a couple of beers and enjoyed the day.
Not here, pretty much as soon as your run was done, you went home...
There wasn't really much left to do.
But the worst of it all was the last stage/obstacle of the race, You had to crawl to the finish line on your knees thru muck and mud... But it wasnt mad ~GAG~ It was liquidfied horse manure ~ COUGH COUGH ~ GAG GAG ~
Over all with the lack of things to do, structure, leadership, lack of care and concern, and hardship of the zombies I rate this a D on the report card, but the course was fun, and interesting... The zombies really used the terrain to their advantage to scare and capture flags.
Having fun during a zombie 5k race, and getting some awesome exercise, brings the grade up to a C.
Would I suggest it to others, if they can get it together, Yea
Would I do it again, why not,
It wasn't the greatest, Ive done better marathons and another Zombie 5k.
But it was enjoyable. Tongue
(08-18-2014, 07:52 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Well I did the Zombie Mud Run on August 16th, 2014 and It was pretty cool.
However, this is my review of The Zombie Mud Run - Pittsburgh
I got there and the event was not well marked, I ended up getting lost 3 times due to the lack of signs marking the area, then Finally I found the staging ground for the run.

The ZOMBIES were setting you up... Tongue
Well the zombies tried to get me, But not only did I survive, but I also got a trophy Smile

I was awarded a survivors medal for surviving the zombies, and since I came in first place in my group of runners I was awarded a plastic trophy,
It probally cost the company a buck or two at most, Very cheaply made but I love it.
Its the principle that I received it for all of my hard work.
I was able to finish the obstacle course and Zombie 5k in 28 minutes, and whew was I beat.
(08-29-2014, 03:36 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]Well the zombies tried to get me, But not only did I survive, but I also got a trophy Smile

[Image: this%20thread%20is%20useless%20without%20pichers.jpg]

Picture of the trophy, or it DIDN'T happen! Tongue
Ok lets see the pictures of my zombie mud run trophy, It stands about one foot tall
and is cheaply made but I'm honored that I out of so many runners earned it.
It now sits in my china cabinet with all my other zombie Memorabilia
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...29daf14ad8

[color=#FF0000]Photo of me and my run partner at the zombie mud run with our trophies
She received hers for first place female and I first place male.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...8eacbade71

The trophy tag
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...869893a947

I completed my Zombie mud run and obstacle course in 28 minutes,
Zombies hate fast food, and I was Jimmy Johns fast Smile
Pages: 1 2