Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Navigation without a compass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://preppingtosurvive.com/2011/07/01/...ow-method/
Compasses are mechanical. They fail and they break just good to know how to get around without technology. This is just one of many ways to navigate without a compass of course, it's only good in the daytime. Search the site and you will find more information on navigation, myths of navigation, woods survival and general preparedness. Very informative site for anyone looking to expand their knowledge and maybe even looking to learn a thing or two about preparedness.
One of MANY reasons I still wear a wristwatch - one with a minute outer dial, in fact. Cool
the entire navigation category is pretty good.
http://preppingtosurvive.com/category/navigation/
Two words: Terrain Association
Agreed, terrain association is always key to any kind of navigation situation.
Guys i didnt have the privilege to grow out here.(from nyc) can anyone help me with compass101..dnt wanna get lost.
Actually, widow has a good point. We probably have a number of team members who have never been taught to use a compas. Will the resident expert please advise?
i dont think i have ever actually used a compass. all of my navigation has been based on landmarks of some sort. then again, ive never really been in a situation where i needed a compass either.
(06-25-2013, 06:06 PM)Mr Bear Wrote: [ -> ]i dont think i have ever actually used a compass. all of my navigation has been based on landmarks of some sort. then again, ive never really been in a situation where i needed a compass either.
Me either but I have a keen sense of direction and use landmarks even when I drive probably why I don't know street names very well.
same. between the two of us we can get anywhere. or get our selves out of somewhere. we have already tested this theory...lol
Pages: 1 2