Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: Medicine for Terrorists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I understand where both Kilt and Deutsch are coming from on this topic and Steam, you should really watch what you say. I'm former NG (got out last October). I wasn't an ate-up soldier and I would score near perfect scores on my weapons qualification.

I understand Kilt, that it would be the beginning of a police state to station NG troops outside of schools. But stationing police officers outside schools would be the same thing. The police officers would still do what the government tells them to do regardless if it was wrong or right. However, myself being a former soldier and with me knowing more than plenty soldiers who usually think the same way as I do, I know that we wouldn't have disarmed those in Louisiana when Katrina hit. I personally believe that NG troops are more like you and I (civilian Americans) than they are part of the government.

I also understand where Deutsch is heading with stating NG troops at schools. When I took my oath more than 8 years ago, I swore to protect my country and its' people from all enemies foreign AND domestic. This type of shit is a form of domestic terrorism. I personally would rather have a NG soldier walking the halls of a school armed, than a police officer. Not only would a Soldier (or even Reserve Marine) receive more respect but they would be treated more friendly by the children/teens because they wouldn't have to be "scared" of the military member due to them not having policing rights to arrest. A more deep bond would be formed between the military and the children that that Soldier/Marine protects.
(12-22-2012, 02:00 PM)Miracle4you7 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand where both Kilt and Deutsch are coming from on this topic and Steam, you should really watch what you say. I'm former NG (got out last October). I wasn't an ate-up soldier and I would score near perfect scores on my weapons qualification.

I understand Kilt, that it would be the beginning of a police state to station NG troops outside of schools. But stationing police officers outside schools would be the same thing. The police officers would still do what the government tells them to do regardless if it was wrong or right. However, myself being a former soldier and with me knowing more than plenty soldiers who usually think the same way as I do, I know that we wouldn't have disarmed those in Louisiana when Katrina hit. I personally believe that NG troops are more like you and I (civilian Americans) than they are part of the government.

I also understand where Deutsch is heading with stating NG troops at schools. When I took my oath more than 8 years ago, I swore to protect my country and its' people from all enemies foreign AND domestic. This type of shit is a form of domestic terrorism. I personally would rather have a NG soldier walking the halls of a school armed, than a police officer. Not only would a Soldier (or even Reserve Marine) receive more respect but they would be treated more friendly by the children/teens because they wouldn't have to be "scared" of the military member due to them not having policing rights to arrest. A more deep bond would be formed between the military and the children that that Soldier/Marine protects.

Thank you for your Service
Deutsch
3rd Inf Div /64Th Armor
A long long time ago
Damn women, making me think.
A really good discussion going on here team.
I have to agree with KG though. Stationing the military to "police" our schools would not be "legal", We either abide by the constitution or we amend it.
There really shouldn't be anything going on in schools where the kids would need to afraid of the police anyway. If there is the police should be sending the little shits to juvie anyway.
I wasn't taking a shot at any individual soldier. My wife also got out last year. As a whole I was entirely unimpressed with her unit. Perhaps I was wrong to pass judgement. On the entire paarng based on one unit. That said when is the last time you know of a guard unit training for a mission like that? IF there were to be anyone in schools I agree with the guard providing the manpower assuming they were trained specifically for that task. Don't just throw mp's at schools and assume they can handle an active shooter
(12-22-2012, 05:10 PM)steamtownwelder Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't taking a shot at any individual soldier. My wife also got out last year. As a whole I was entirely unimpressed with her unit. Perhaps I was wrong to pass judgement. On the entire paarng based on one unit. That said when is the last time you know of a guard unit training for a mission like that? IF there were to be anyone in schools I agree with the guard providing the manpower assuming they were trained specifically for that task. Don't just throw mp's at schools and assume they can handle an active shooter

PAARNG doesn't have any MP units. The last "civilian enforcement" type mission we were trained for would be civil disturbance training (riot control) or traffic control points, access control points and EPW processing. You wouldn't want us applying those techniques stateside. It's not a mission we are either familiar or equipped to handle. After 911, the airports had some Guard stations in them....without ammo. It's just...not a good thing to try.
I was going to mention the empty rifles. I'm not trying to be critical just for the sake of being critical. A lone soldier against a lone gunman in a school full of kids isn't something any guard soldier is trained for.
(12-20-2012, 09:13 PM)The War Wagon Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's a tongue-in-cheek piece, to make the anti's realize, that it TAKES GUNS to defend AGAINST guns (as wielded by madmen).

And if the very thought of such should cross the flea-brains of Whinestein, Schnauzer rachat de credit bancaire, Chuckles the Shiitehead, Hitlery, Captain Zero, Biteme, LOUTenberg, Bloomingidiotberg, et.al., and cause them to reflexively crap their pants at such an image... well... that's not a bad thing, either! Big Grin

Well, it would be a disaster if it happens.

Not that I have anything against our National Guardsmen & women... but having some of those weekend warriors in a school with a gun, and loaded is a BADDD idea.
There are some good guys and gals in the ranks of the National Guard but honestly there are more knuckleheads then level heads.
If you want some good and I mean real good men for security, Get some 3 %'ers in there. They'll defend our children, our constitution and then if you don't like it they'll tell you bluntly to your face with a smile "F**K your feeling, Have a nice day"
Pages: 1 2