Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team

Full Version: PAZRT Dog tags???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-21-2011, 05:46 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2011, 08:44 PM)Jason61283 Wrote: [ -> ]The over use of "dog tags" is really lame to those of us who wear them for what they were designed for.

if SHTF, are dog tags not a legitimate way to identify people?

I'm sure you're referring to the military using them to identify people KIA, but their use can be applied for any situation, really.

Only way I'm getting close enoug to read anyone's dog tags on a person I don't know by sight after SHTF will be to scavange ammo off a carcass.
(12-21-2011, 06:41 PM)ColdBlueSteel Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2011, 05:46 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2011, 08:44 PM)Jason61283 Wrote: [ -> ]The over use of "dog tags" is really lame to those of us who wear them for what they were designed for.

if SHTF, are dog tags not a legitimate way to identify people?

I'm sure you're referring to the military using them to identify people KIA, but their use can be applied for any situation, really.

Only way I'm getting close enoug to read anyone's dog tags on a person I don't know by sight after SHTF will be to scavange ammo off a carcass.

good point!
ID tags can be used in any set of conditions but, just are not the favorite of many prior service.
I have been out of the military since 02, but I still wear mine. I am diabetic, and I have a medical ID tag on my set, so that is one reason I still wear mine.

I hate when people wear them as a fashion statement. Not referring to this thread, just in general. But, that's just my opinion.
(03-22-2012, 11:33 PM)xd40_jim Wrote: [ -> ]I have been out of the military since 02, but I still wear mine. I am diabetic, and I have a medical ID tag on my set, so that is one reason I still wear mine.

I hate when people wear them as a fashion statement. Not referring to this thread, just in general. But, that's just my opinion.

+1 on the hating.
Military medics/corpsman are trained to reference them for allergies and medical problems when the person cant speak for themselves.
(03-23-2012, 06:42 AM)Chicago Ted Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2012, 11:33 PM)xd40_jim Wrote: [ -> ]I have been out of the military since 02, but I still wear mine. I am diabetic, and I have a medical ID tag on my set, so that is one reason I still wear mine.

+1 on the hating.
Military medics/corpsman are trained to reference them for allergies and medical problems when the person cant speak for themselves.

When I was in the Navy, the corpsman I worked with all said the same thing, about being trained to reference them for medical problems and allergies. Seems like that is mostly what they are used for anymore.
There are many places to get some tags
But the ordering of them can be a little confuseing
My wife and I each have a set for P.A.Z.R.T.
They are stamped as follows.........

Wife's NAME/////// DOUBLETAPBRAT
Sector ///////////////SECTOR SIX
Us... //////////////////P.A.Z.R.T.
Blood type///////////// A POS
What she is//////// ZOMBIE KILLER

WE GOT THEM FROM MilitaryDogTags.com
order on line and be careful how you do it
if you get a "SET " it is 1 tag 1 small chain 1 large chain
if you want a real set as in 2 tags ....you must make sure you order 2 tags call them if you cant figure it out
Make sure you get the silencers
Very Nice Guys 1-928-635-7447

Always keep em in my pocket, I hate wearing any jewlery. Good thing my wife is understanding about that.
I throw my tags in my pocket for drill, but they sit on dresser for the rest of the month. I don't have any allergy tags, so there's no point in wearing them. Plus in a normal ROL situation, I would hope the hospital would check my blood type and not go by a piece of metal hanging around my neck. I realize as a service member its in their best interest to know and correctly display their blood type, but on the civilian side people may not realize the significance.
Pages: 1 2